It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:39 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Curious Hair wrote:
Cool. I might get there in the near future, who knows. How's that Power & Light thing?

"yeah, and i'll totally look up your facebook sometime! seeya later dude!"

* artificial blonde chick meanders back into the swarth of "life" that locals call "the club" *

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:40 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Memphis is awesome.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Memphis is pretty rough outside of the tourist-approved bubble, that's for sure. But the good parts are awesome. Stax and Sun are must-visits for music fans.

I can't remember where I had it but I had a catfish poorboy that just made my brain float away on a cloud.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:42 am 

Good to hear that from you Curious and Favre Fan, I love Nashville way more.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:44 am 

Nashville seems fun, but I like blues and soul way more than country, so I'm pretty sure I'd still prefer Memphis.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:46 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Curious Hair wrote:
Memphis is pretty rough outside of the tourist-approved bubble, that's for sure. But the good parts are awesome. Stax and Sun are must-visits for music fans.

I can't remember where I had it but I had a catfish poorboy that just made my brain float away on a cloud.

You certainly have a way with words. The CSFMB enigma.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:49 am 

denisdman wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

You certainly have a way with words. The CSFMB enigma.

yeah for real dude, the closest i've ever come to having a catfish poorboy in memphis was having a west side crack dealer try to serenade me into his bed with a packed crackpipe.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:50 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
Nashville seems fun, but I like blues and soul way more than country, so I'm pretty sure I'd still prefer Memphis.

The BBQ is Memphis is way better.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:52 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Hawg Ass wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
I do love Memphis! I don't think I ever had a week of awesome food like the one I had in Memphis. St. Louis, though, even I have my limits.

:lol:

I am from Memphis and don't like it. But, the Rendez-Vous are the greatest ribs in the history. Beale St. is a good time also.

It's funny you say that, because the few Memphis natives I know all swear by Tops and look at the Rendezvous as a place to take out-of-towners, sort of like the way Chicagoans think of Uno.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:53 am 

On several road trips to New Orleans, I have seen Memphis from the highway. It looks like a dreadful place. Almost depressing.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:54 am 

Pizza Hut>Uno's. That is how much I despise Uno's.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:59 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
I do love Memphis! I don't think I ever had a week of awesome food like the one I had in Memphis. St. Louis, though, even I have my limits.

:lol:

I am from Memphis and don't like it. But, the Rendez-Vous are the greatest ribs in the history. Beale St. is a good time also.

It's funny you say that, because the few Memphis natives I know all swear by Tops and look at the Rendezvous as a place to take out-of-towners, sort of like the way Chicagoans think of Uno.

They have turned it into that a little bit, but I remember when it was much smaller and for dry rub ribs it didn't get any better. I hope it hasn't turned in to that, it has been a while since I was back in Memphis, in Nashville a lot, just don't get over to Memphis.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:00 am 

denisdman wrote:
On several road trips to New Orleans, I have seen Memphis from the highway. It looks like a dreadful place. Almost depressing.

in those areas it's like the parliament funkadelic once famously crooned, you can dance on the water but not get wet.

but yeah swimmers tend to stick together cuz holy shit have you seen those girls on the swim team? HELL YEAH BRO!!!!!!

(can't have psychoalphadiscobeta without a little psycho amirite?)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:13 am 

denisdman wrote:

Oh, it's definitely crumbling, but it's crumbling with character, you know? It makes you sad and makes you wish for something better. It's basically a smaller New Orleans with a slow descent rather than an overnight collapse. They've both focused their efforts on making a square mile or two presentable and letting the rest go to shit. St. Louis has not only seen its best days but is a lot harder to romanticize, though I guess the Landing is supposed to be kind of cute.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:11 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Oh, it's definitely crumbling, but it's crumbling with character, you know? It makes you sad and makes you wish for something better.

i'm pretty sure if chicks at the bar/club could review me on yelp this is what they'd say =D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:23 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Oh, it's definitely crumbling, but it's crumbling with character, you know? It makes you sad and makes you wish for something better. It's basically a smaller New Orleans with a slow descent rather than an overnight collapse. They've both focused their efforts on making a square mile or two presentable and letting the rest go to shit. St. Louis has not only seen its best days but is a lot harder to romanticize, though I guess the Landing is supposed to be kind of cute.

Just did Cubs Cardinals. They have done a nice job around new Busch. The Landing is fun. But I get your point. The problem with most midwest cities is the major loss of population since 1950. The metro areas have spread out too much.

St Louis had a population of 856k in 1950 and has 318k today. The same thing goes for most other midwest cities. When a city loses that many people, it has to go into decline. The tax base alone is eroded.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:27 pm 

What really hurts their tax base is that St. Louis City doesn't belong to St. Louis County. Baltimore has the same problem. Kind of makes you fear what would happen to Chicago if the northwest suburbs had left Cook County. It wouldn't be outright devastation, obviously, but the city could take a hit.