It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:51 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Mannelly has BernSTINE spinnin' in circles! Seriously, Mannelly can talk and explain the game of football AND bring an actual, oh I don't know, PLAYER PERSPECTIVE to the proceedings. Not only that he can and does speak intelligently and not like a drunken man who got hit in the head by a tire iron. BernSTINE will do whatever it takes not to engage Mannelly. BOOK IT.

Anyways, solid show thus far but after NFL who knows? This was a cost savings move by management, it works if ratings hold/grow and Mannelly is able to bring something to the table with the other stuff.

We shall see but not bad so far. I think as time goes on and he grows more comfortable Mannelly will step outside the comfort zone and bring some heat.

That's when the show takes its next step up. Will it happen is any ones guess.

Happy Friday

Love,

SomeGuy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:55 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Mannely will quit that Midday show and just be a WSCR football expert...and Mac comes back. lol

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:09 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
The story of Buffone putting Bernstein in a headlock and pulling him out of his chair and onto the floor is glorious.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:12 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Tad Queasy wrote:
The story of Buffone putting Bernstein in a headlock and pulling him out of his chair and onto the floor is glorious.

and if doug would have done that in 2014 he'd been fired and never come back on WSCR... pussification of america - mike north

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
billypootons wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

and if doug would have done that in 2014 he'd been fired and never come back on WSCR... pussification of america - mike north

It does surprise me that the authorities a lawyer or at the very least HR was not brought in.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:18 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
:lol: That might make Buffone one of my favorite people. what happened?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:18 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Better, SomeGuy.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:53 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Spaulding wrote:
:lol: That might make Buffone one of my favorite people. what happened?

it's an old story, but never gets old to hear: https://soundcloud.com/christannehill/d ... one-chokes

In fact it's so old that it involves Berns telling a joke about CTE :shock: , so this was before he evolved.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:13 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
pittmike wrote:
billypootons wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

It does surprise me that the authorities a lawyer or at the very least HR was not brought in.

Yeah, I thought maybe it happened at the Belmont studios when guys were wrestling in the halls and stuff all the time, but if it was Mulligan and Buffone doing crosstalk with B&B, that would put it in 2005, well into the era of the NBC Tower and corporate culture. Either Dan just knew well enough not to make a big deal or it or the story is bullshit.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Great American
I just think Jay needs to be involved more to really make the team work for even short periods of time. Jay, Snapper, and an actual professional radio host could be a fun listen.

And for the love of god, stop with the Spiegel songs. His voice is bad and he should feel bad.

Mac FM wrote:
Did somebody say grass?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Reared on the Score wrote:

it's an old story, but never gets old to hear: https://soundcloud.com/christannehill/d ... one-chokes

In fact it's so old that it involves Berns telling a joke about CTE :shock: , so this was before he evolved.

Maybe that's why he doesn't think it's funny anymore. I think it'd be worth it to take a swing at Bernstein and I think most people would be happy about it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:52 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Curious Hair wrote:
Yeah, I thought maybe it happened at the Belmont studios when guys were wrestling in the halls and stuff all the time, but if it was Mulligan and Buffone doing crosstalk with B&B, that would put it in 2005, well into the era of the NBC Tower and corporate culture. Either Dan just knew well enough not to make a big deal or it or the story is bullshit.

The story is absolutely true. And Doug wanted to do it many other times too.

Jiggs is an even scarier mother fucker when he gets pissed.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:31 pm 

M: Hey, lawrence... i gotta tell ya somethin. i love you man. no just kidding. im driving down the freeway and hey... im not gonna lie... let me tell ya... i had a couple cocktails lol...

L:..... ohhh kay.... are you sure youre ok pappy?

M:hahaha oh you kidz. hey loho, is this the first time you ever rode with a drunk man on the phone?

L:.... uhh... i think so

M:hahaha look once you try white youll never put up a fight again

L:that doesnt even make sense. are you sure you should be driving?

M:WHOA! WHOA! virgin accusations from vagina everybody come on lets hear it!

L:youre mean and i cant wait to sub in for your spot until the score finds someone mediocre

M:..............

L:pappy? you still there?

M:.........

L:and thats mike north everyone. was. OK now its time for my favorite segment! Spank That starring The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!