It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:14 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Hello, friends! Welcome to the OFFICIAL Show Thread. It's a thread about a radio show on 670 The Score. Let me be your guide to this masterfully worked piece of radio gold.

Not really.

BEARS TALK ALL DAY. Not actual, real bears talking but the hosts/guests talking about our beloved Chicago Bears football squadron. Cutler is bad and runs the team, Marshall can't be reasoned with, Max Treatman is a dunce and no longer reads books and watches Discovery channel.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

LISTEN IN.

Use this time for self-improvement, both physical and mental. Push yourself to be better, look better, feel better, post better.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:22 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Looking forward to it. I have left the show alone the last few days. Looking forward to some Bears chatter
and hopefully at least a segment of MLB playoff talk would be nice. I am certain they will throw some
Blackhawks in there as well. With the Bulls, Hawks, and Bears all going full tilt soon my expectations
will be raised.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:07 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
dude. Pat taking hub to the woodshed!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:08 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Players not working hard. Pat works hard, son!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:10 am 

City of Fools wrote:
dude. Pat taking hub to the woodshed!!!!

This is great. Hub is backpedalling like crazy. Pat has him on the ropes and is pummelling him.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:10 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Yeah, Mannelly is really going after Hub. Now, Hub is back-tracking like a bitch.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:16 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Dance bitch.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:19 am 

Now I want to hear transition as the next to dance should be Twitterbitch.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
I was wrong on Mannelly. He's great!

Bitchtits on the other hand is still horrible. I want to listen regularly but only manage segments as his smarmy voice is too much.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:25 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Kirkwood wrote:
I was wrong on Mannelly. He's great!

Bitchtits on the other hand is still horrible. I want to listen regularly but only manage segments as his smarmy voice is too much.

Still not great, but it's obvious Hub has been getting under his skin, even in the small period of time he has been on the air!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:36 am 

pizza_Place: Arrenello's in Glenwood, IL
Damn, I missed it!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:57 am 

pizza_Place: Sausage
Speigel tossed "Let's see how deep we can go on 1985 Royals"....and Patrick Manelly provided....George Brett, the exact same name spiegs just said before him...

That's why this show won't work after the football season...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
cluv8484 wrote:
Speigel tossed "Let's see how deep we can go on 1985 Royals"....and Patrick Manelly provided....George Brett, the exact same name spiegs just said before him...

because Mannelly's lack of knowledge, or Spiegel's silly radio games?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
Dane Iorg.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:23 pm 

cluv8484 wrote:

How deep could you have gone on a team from 30 years ago? Spiegs only brought that up to show off
which he did with his extensive baseball acumen. I could only think of Brett, Quisenberry and Frank White
and that's only because I used to collect baseball cards around that time as a 9 year old.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:27 pm 

Spiegs just said we get David Diehl for the game again Sunday? :? He was really bad in the booth.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:43 pm 

Shep getting hammered for the fact he will probably get teary eyed multiple times on the Notre Dame
campus tomorrow. The guys were all laughing pretty hard. Should be some good stories from this
road trip.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:45 pm 

Grimace proves to me more often than not that he knows fuck all about music. He just wanted to know how deep everyone went on Billy Ocean tunes. He could name 4, which were almost all of the big hits, but he forgot this one......(the second one that sprang to my mind after Caribbean Queen)

http://youtu.be/ryJ4rFRq8pA

It was a number 1 song in 1985. Speaking of 1985........

edit: double-checked, #2 on Billboard, a big hit either way.

Last edited by ShipOfZion on Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
T-Bone wrote:
Spiegs just said we get David Diehl for the game again Sunday? :? He was really bad in the booth.

We need David Lee Roth in the booth.

He is already broadcasting from the booth in our hearts.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:53 pm 

pizza_Place: LouMal
T-Bone wrote:

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2014&wk=6

if you ever want to know what game is being shown in what area or who the announcers are going to be

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:20 pm 

Buster wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2014&wk=6

if you ever want to know what game is being shown in what area or who the announcers are going to be

Thanks, that is pretty cool.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:26 pm 

the Mannelly/Hub stuff was really good.

Hub was clearly going for some Cowheard-ian 'hot take' and was called out on it, then in backtracking STILL tried to say the same thing but Mannelly wouldn't let him off the hook. Not just the stuff about 'working hard' as an athlete, but Hub's old-man act about how Twitter is a net-negative because of Lamarr Houston (which had really no consequences, anyway).

Hub could've stuck to his guns if he really believed the bullshit he wrote. I wonder if deep down he does and just wussed out against Mannelly, or if he realized he was just being a blowhard for his dozens of readers and figured nobody else would notice.

Spiegel interjecting about radio guys working hard too was nonsense. :P

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:43 pm 

Reared on the Score wrote:

Hub was clearly going for some Cowheard-ian 'hot take' and was called out on it, then in backtracking STILL tried to say the same thing but Mannelly wouldn't let him off the hook. Not just the stuff about 'working hard' as an athlete, but Hub's old-man act about how Twitter is a net-negative because of Lamarr Houston (which had really no consequences, anyway).

Hub could've stuck to his guns if he really believed the bullshit he wrote. I wonder if deep down he does and just wussed out against Mannelly, or if he realized he was just being a blowhard for his dozens of readers and figured nobody else would notice.

Sounded to me like he really did believe what he wrote. Like you said, he retreated a little at first, but still was trying to assert his point. And when Pat kept hammering at him, he folded. He wussed out for sure.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:53 pm 

ShipOfZion wrote:

Sounded to me like he really did believe what he wrote. Like you said, he retreated a little at first, but still was trying to assert his point. And when Pat kept hammering at him, he folded. He wussed out for sure.

yeah, all Hub would have to say would be some variation of 'physical activity doesn't necessarily mean 'hard work'', and that ultimately they're still working (and getting hurt) for a recreational activity. Or something. I dunno, it's a really shitty point so it's tough for him to argue. Especially since I don't know what year Hub thinks it is where everyone is working at the steel mill or some shit, 'blue collar' Chicago.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
ShipOfZion wrote:

yeah, all Hub would have to say would be some variation of 'physical activity doesn't necessarily mean 'hard work'', and that ultimately they're still working (and getting hurt) for a recreational activity. Or something. I dunno, it's a really shitty point so it's tough for him to argue. Especially since I don't know what year Hub thinks it is where everyone is working at the steel mill or some shit, 'blue collar' Chicago.

I think Hub is only slightly more intelligent than Jesse Rogers.