It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Kap breaks a story
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:23 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Danny Mac will be on Chicago Tribune Live next week.

Post subject: Re: Kap breaks a story
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:25 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
KDdidit wrote:
Danny Mac will be on CTL Live next week.

It is kind of a story as he was a long time banned from the show due to other Comcast people he once commented about on the air and I know he is friendly with Kap.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:28 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
I met the person Danny Mac called a "bitch" a few years back at a Silvy function he had in Forest Park. Fat Duck bar (best burger I've ever had).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:30 am 

spmack wrote:
I met the person Danny Mac called a "bitch" a few years back at a Silvy function he had in Forest Park. Fat Duck bar (best burger I've ever had).

So, was she a bitch? She worked for Comcast? and/or her Husband did?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:37 am 

bigfan wrote:
spmack wrote:

She was nice to me. I just remembered that she had a strong handshake.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:42 am 

spmack wrote:

Cool story, bro.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:43 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
spmack wrote:
bigfan wrote:
spmack wrote:

She was nice to me. I just remembered that she had a strong handshake.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:51 am 
1000 CLUB

Interesting.

This means something. Kap is the lead dog at that station. Him inviting Mac on his TV show that nobody watches is Kap trying to reintroduce Mac. Cuz Kap wants him to save his radio station that nobody listens to.

Kap is realizing that the no listener thing isn't gonna work for much longer. Trib will only bleed so much money befor they scrap this sports station.

Kap wants Mac to save his station and thus save him.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:54 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Beardown wrote:
Interesting.

This means something. Kap is the lead dog at that station. Him inviting Mac on his TV show that nobody watches is Kap trying to reintroduce Mac. Cuz Kap wants him to save his radio station that nobody listens to.

Kap is realizing that the no listener thing isn't gonna work for much longer. Trib will only bleed so much money befor they scrap this sports station.

I am clearly a nobody, but I listen to Kap everyday. I hope Mac is added to 87.7. I am enjoying the station. My goodness, I have even endured Jarrett, Harry, and Spike in small spurts. That is how much I despise Bernsie.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
I've changed my tune on Kap.

Decent listen. Bit of dick in appearance and delivery but he'll mix it up. Just gotta get rid of Haugh. He's terrible.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:14 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Interesting.

I know Mac has met with him over the past few months, as I was mocking Kap and his new 'Vette, then discussed it with Mac, as he was also commenting on it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mac would demand afternoons. He'd ask for Finfer to be his partner and he'd probably keep Harry. Payton's kid and that other guy would have to go to middays I guess.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:16 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Mac would demand afternoons. He'd ask for Finfer to be his partner and he'd probably keep Harry. Payton's kid and that other guy would have to go to middays I guess.

Spike would go home~!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:17 pm 

They're both helping each other. Mac needs some airtime, Kap needs someone to drive ratings. Would not be surprised to see Mac guest hosting on 87.7 a few times soon.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:24 pm 

Beardown wrote:

They'd negotiate. Finfer would be too "lap dog-ish" to Mac, so I couldn't see him being added in there. They'd both harass Harry the entire time. Harry would have no fight.

They'd probably tell Mac to keep Jarrett Payton, you know to have the "former jock" (a la Jurko) thing going to go with Mac and Harry. Plus Payton has been working with Harry for a while, and will be partial to Harry when Mac begins to bust his balls. They will definitely make Mac and Harry do a show because there will always be a chance that those two will break out into fisticuffs on air.

Mac, Jarrett and Harry - The New MJH! Let's make it happen DeCastro!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:35 pm 

spmack wrote:
They're both helping each other. Mac needs some airtime, Kap needs someone to drive ratings. Would not be surprised to see Mac guest hosting on 87.7 a few times soon.

Tell us everything you know you sonna bitch! Why do you hint at it when you know whats going on? Just trying to show how cool you are?????

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:42 pm 

bigfan wrote:
spmack wrote:

Tell us everything you know you sonna bitch! Why do you hint at it when you know whats going on? Just trying to show how cool you are?????

:lol: Just getting my "Beardown" on. I know nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:43 pm 

bigfan wrote:
spmack wrote:

I'd prefer he change his disturbing avatar. Let's start small and then move onto real world matters.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:51 pm 

denisdman wrote:
bigfan wrote:
spmack wrote:

I'd prefer he change his disturbing avatar. Let's start small and then move onto real world matters.

My McNuggets avi? Yeah it's pretty outdated. My next one will be even more disturbing, though.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:54 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Beardown wrote:
Interesting.

beardown hitting 88 on the speed gun, but with that movement on his breaking balls he can still get batters out assuming he locates his fastball well and of course in the right sequence, cuz if a good hitter decided to sit on beardown's fastball (out-n-out speculation) they could crank it a long long way.

did the thread end up outing who danny mac (in?)famously called a bitch? i wonder about that.

and also thanks to kdidit for using the CORRECT term in addressing the man, the myth, the legend that is father of the year award winning david kaplan: kap. see once the game started they started forcing KAP AND HAUGH down our throats because they wanted to force a colloquial feeling with mr. kaplan like we know him and we're already at the nickname portion of our bromance.... you know, kind of like how originally rod zimmerman or whoever wanted to name the b&b show "boers and bernsie" --- clearly THERE ARE NO OTHER MITIGATING FACTORS that would make you wanna refer to mr. KAPLAN and mr. BERNSTEIN by colloquial nicknames, unless there's some sort of connection to be made through generalizing the last names KAPLAN and BERNSTEIN that might give people pause and go "hmmmm i don't want to listen to those guys"

awwww FUCK IT, i'll just say it..... man it's 2014 and the media world is what it is. without touching on any sort of "conspiracy theories" (cuz just thinking about the very subject gets you dancing around potential subject matters lest you be misconstrued as coming from a wrong/bad place on this one) i mean, seriously it's 2014. if the masses summarily reject the idea of jewish people in media..... lol man. just fucking lol. they must live life with blinders on or something i can't fathom cuz if you're a regular old average MEAT-N-POTATOES / I BRING MY LUNCHPAIL TO WORK type "salt of the earth" guy and in the year of our lorde 2014 you're like "what the fuck is this jewish person doing in my media?" well then, yeah, idk.... it aint like it's 1972 or something and there's still acceptable levels of out-n-out racism or "couthness" with society.... jewish people are awesome and they've done a wonderful job with the media because holy shit you're able to escape into a fantasy world of television and movies and radio and everything with a lot of jewish people there doing their thing.... and if the powers that be that run these stations think the name "kaplan" might scare somebody off from listening..... pfft. who is it gonna scare off in the year 2014? and if it scares them off, do you really wnt to target that demo anyways?

so yeah forcing the colloquial kap on us might not even be the raison d'etre behind originally thinking of naming b&b "boers and bernsie", it just might be a new station and potentially a new audience = they want you to feel like you're pre-colloquial with "kap" so they force "kap" down your throat, like that one time they had it on in the barbershop and i got to hear a good ~2.5 segments of the show.... man, dick grayson aka david haugh (who once blocked me on twitter for calling him a dipshit! lol. i guess to get all 3rd person grandiose on you sini's gonna sini, no? =) seemingly went out of his way to refer to "dave" as "kap" cuz it was KAP THIS, KAP THAT, HEY KAP... KAP! KAP! YO KAP! KAPALICIOUS! KAPEROONIE! KAPOOTIE! KAPAPALOOZA! OVER HERE KAP! KAP! KAP!

and it's just like.... man don't be such a tryhard. yes i know you have mighty big shoes to fill in terms of being on from 9am-12pm on CSN chicago, which was once the proud home of monsters in the morning (before they got their money in the morning and i never got around to making that photoshop where i had the pyramid on the back of the $1 dollar bill with a sunglassesed-mike-north's face in place of the KAP-stone. drat. see that's why i need my interns/production team to go take my throwaway ideas and make them reality. if i ever get my head out of my ass and get a balance with life to the point where i can call some shots via media we'll have a gay old time says the guy who grew up listening to shows produced by count fagula! WILLLLLLMMMMMAAAAA!!!!1)

so yeah TL;DR = why the hell are they hellbent on forcing "kap" on us like we know/like/care-about this gay? lol i meant to say guy but hey i guess i still got chuggo on the brain cuz i just wanna yell out AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! COMEON FUCK A GUY!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:03 pm 

use less words

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:04 pm 

Mac wrote:
Sinaclypse.... stop with the fucking novels, dude. None of us have five minutes for each post. That is all.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:18 pm 

Mac might actually be a good partner for Jarrett Payton. Harry and Spike never get anything out of him. They just use the air time for their bits and schtick. Mac will have Finfer. He won't join THE GAME without his boy. Quigs is the odd man out. Don't see a 3-man booth with Mac, Finfer, and Quigs. Mac, Jarrett, and Harry I might listen to. If Finfer is involved, forget it. I'd rather pan fry my genitals than listen to that untalented gimp.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Dan McNeil and Ben Finfer with Kap on STL tonight @ 5:30

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I wonder what his byline will be, or if they dress him up as a Harry Caray's bartender.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Reared on the Score wrote:
I wonder what his byline will be, or if they dress him up as a Harry Caray's bartender.

He is listed as: "Chicago Sports Media Personality".

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Godfella wrote:
Reared on the Score wrote:

He is listed as: "Chicago Sports Media Personality".

there's at least 3 incorrect words there.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:04 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Kirkwood wrote:
I've changed my tune on Kap.

Decent listen. Bit of dick in appearance and delivery but he'll mix it up. Just gotta get rid of Haugh. He's terrible.

I used to dislike Kap,thinking he was a shill for all things WGN. Maybe he was,but I enjoy his show and try to listen everyday. Haugh is OK,I don't hate him. As for those who mock 87.7,remember how the SCORE started??

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:56 pm 

pizza_Place: LouMal
Dan McNeil @DanMcNeil670 · 7h 7 hours ago

Lots of Bears stuff today at 5:30 on @CSNChicago Sports Talk Live. Much more than just "fire and passion," leadership and lockerroom tiffs.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:33 pm 

Danny looks heavy.