It is currently Wed Oct 02, 2024 3:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Sausage
God I want to stab my eyes out, most of that game was unbearable to watch....we have looked like crap all season yet were still 9-2....I'll take it...Can't make the trip to WMU, but hope you go for support man....it's gonna be a tough one and this team better wake up or they won't be seeing Ford Field anytime soon....

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:18 am 

I would say a lot of our wins have been ugly and painful this season. But if 9-2 and possibly 10-2 with another MAC West title is our rebuilding season then i will take it.

Most people were predicting our downfall after Chandler Harnish, then our downfall after Jordan Lynch, and here we are still winning games.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:26 am 

spanky wrote:
Anybody want to carpool to Kalamazoo on Black Friday? Probably leave sometime around 6 am.
I can only fit 3 or 4 people in my car so it will be first come/first served, the rest can go on a waiting list.

Pick me up some Hopslam.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:27 am 

Douchebag wrote:
spanky wrote:
Anybody want to carpool to Kalamazoo on Black Friday? Probably leave sometime around 6 am.
I can only fit 3 or 4 people in my car so it will be first come/first served, the rest can go on a waiting list.

Pick me up some Hopslam.

You'll only get Brown Ale and like it

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:28 am 

cluv8484 wrote:
God I want to stab my eyes out, most of that game was unbearable to watch....we have looked like crap all season yet were still 9-2....I'll take it...Can't make the trip to WMU, but hope you go for support man....it's gonna be a tough one and this team better wake up or they won't be seeing Ford Field anytime soon....

I felt like they played better last night than he last couple of games, especially the defense. Ohio basically had 2 sustained drives all night.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:28 am 

spanky wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
spanky wrote:

Pick me up some Hopslam.

You'll only get Brown Ale and like it

I'd be down for a trek like this, but I'll be flying back from Cancun on that day. I hope you do plan on making a few brewery stops on the way,

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:32 am 

Douchebag wrote:
I'd be down for a trek like this, but I'll be flying back from Cancun on that day.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:42 pm 

NIU_Huskies wrote:
I would say a lot of our wins have been ugly and painful this season. But if 9-2 and possibly 10-2 with another MAC West title is our rebuilding season then i will take it.

Most people were predicting our downfall after Chandler Harnish, then our downfall after Jordan Lynch, and here we are still winning games.

It's a different MAC than those previous years. NIU is winning because of the weakness of the conference this year. Talent is really down this year both at NIU and across the conference

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:01 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
NIU is winning because of the weakness of the conference this year.

The top-tier teams have probably fallen off a little (NIU, Bowling Green) but I think some of the mid-level teams have gotten better (Central Mich, Western Mich).

I think I read something recently that in their last 36 regular season MAC games, NIU is 0-3 vs. CMU and 33-0 vs the rest of the conference. :shock: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:26 pm 

spanky wrote:
I think I read something recently that in their last 36 regular season MAC games, NIU is 0-3 vs. CMU and 33-0 vs the rest of the conference. :shock: :lol:

I screwed it up.

They are 3-3 vs CMU and something like 32-0 vs everybody else.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:05 am 

spanky wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
NIU is winning because of the weakness of the conference this year.

The top-tier teams have probably fallen off a little (NIU, Bowling Green) but I think some of the mid-level teams have gotten better (Central Mich, Western Mich).

Toledo rolls out third string QBs and WR converted to QB and is still incredibly competitive with the top schools in the conference on the road. This conference is way down this year

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:59 am 

spanky wrote:
spanky wrote:

I screwed it up.

They are 3-3 vs CMU and something like 32-0 vs everybody else.

Central Michigan has our number for some reason. We seem to lose to them when we shouldn't.

In the last five years, Toledo is 0-5 vs. NIU and 31-3 vs everybody else in the conference. Great payback for that 12-game winning streak they had against us.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:09 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Toledo rolls out third string QBs and WR converted to QB and is still incredibly competitive with the top schools in the conference on the road. This conference is way down this year

I think this is more of an indictment against the MAC East than it is against the MAC. MAC West is 14-3 against East teams this season. Eastern Michigan's one conference win this season is against an East team. I wouldn't be surprised if the 4th place MAC West team (CMU) would win the MAC East this year.

The MAC East isn't as strong. Miami used to be one of the top MAC teams. BG is not as strong as last season. Buffalo lost a couple of top players, including Khalil Mack, after last season and they are down. But teams like WMU and CMU in the West are better than they have been the last few years.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:04 pm 

Line is NIU (+7) @ WMU.

Seems a bit steep to me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:39 am 

That's fine with me. Historically i've found this program to play better as an underdog (Northwestern and Toledo this year). When we are expected to win games we seem to play down to the competition (UNLV, Kent State, EMU, etc this year).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:54 am 

This year NIU is 0-4 ATS against teams with a winning record.

That could be a bit of an issue.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:49 am 

Spreads are for gambling. The only stat that ultimately matters is 9-2. I remember the days when we would consistently find ways to lose close games so now that we are on the winning edge of close games i will take it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:04 am 

pizza_Place: Bruno's
On a recent ESPN Magazine ad page, the NIU helmet is shown among many others (conspicuously absent: Michigan & ND). Good to see.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:49 pm 

Poor Spany, he is freezing at the game and his team is getting their ass handed to them at half time.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:40 pm 

Now the fighting Spany's are winning.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:12 pm 

The Spany's are gonna win :bounce:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
All Northern Illinois does is win. Illinois State Redbirds are really good this year also at 10- 1 and are tied for first place in the MVFC. The overall state of college football in Illinois is awful. Its a shame.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:36 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
All Northern Illinois does is win. Illinois State Redbirds are really good this year also at 10- 1 and are tied for first place in the MVFC. The overall state of college football in Illinois is awful. Its a shame.

Not at Arkansas this year they didn't.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:40 pm 

Ugly win, but a lot of them have been this season.

So many turnovers from both teams. We had difficulty capitalizing on WMU turnovers. But this defense deserves all the credit. They won this game. Held a high-powered WMU offense to only 3 points the last 3 quarters. Impressive!

5th straight MAC West Title!

Let's get revenge against BGSU. Go Huskies!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Hawg Ass wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

Not at Arkansas this year they didn't.

Congrats.

NIU has had a winning record 13 of the last 15 years and has won 10+ games 5 times. It is the best college football program in the state of Illinois.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Scorehead wrote:

So Northern is really good, ISU is really good, but the overall state of college football in Illinois is bad? Does not compute.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:58 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

So Northern is really good, ISU is really good, but the overall state of college football in Illinois is bad? Does not compute.

It's Scorehead logic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Sausage
Back to Detroit for NIU baby!!!! 3 years in a row, and Marshall looks like garbage so if NIU can win the Mac Championship, its NIU/Boise/Colorado state fighting for the Peach Bowl spot...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
If the point is supposed to be that the success of the mid-majors is still outweighed by the failure of the Big Ten teams, okay, but it's not as if Northwestern and Illinois are longtime football powers that have fallen on hard times. You can live a life in Chicago completely untrammeled by Champaign-Urbana football, and all Northwestern does is get a pat on the head every week just for not getting blown out. Illinois is not a football state; Chicago is not a football town. People just like the Bears because they had one amazing year, Saturday Night Live did skits about it, and somehow it makes dads from the suburbs think they're tough. If you care about college football in Illinois, just take what you can get anywhere you can get it and like it.

Beardown: "Just take what you can get anywhere you can get it and like it"? That's my attitude toward white women.
White women: :x
CSFMB: :cheers:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:57 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Poor Spany, he is freezing at the game and his team is getting their ass handed to them at half time.

Poor spany was freezing his you-know-what off about halfway through the game.
With about 5:00 left in the 1st half I was really dreading the choice I made to get up early, drag the family out of bed to Kalamazoo and sit in the cold and snow. Everything that could go wrong......did.

Defense REALLY stepped up in 2nd half. Offense did enough to win. Fun game overall. On to Detroit........

PJ Fleck acts like a damn clown the entire game. But at least he looks cute doing it.

And Marshall lost 8)
Colorado St is losing..... 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next