It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:44 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Q.Bovifs wrote:
it is kind of Aspbergers-y.

I had a kick-ass Aspberger the other day for lunch with some sweet potato fries on the side. Tremendous.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:51 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Q.Bovifs wrote:

I had a kick-ass Aspberger the other day for lunch with some sweet potato fries on the side. Tremendous.

I question the ass sauce that it comes with.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:53 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
jimmypasta wrote:
Q.Bovifs wrote:

I question the ass sauce that it comes with.

I doubt that's true.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

Did Finfer apologize to Feder for Finfer telling the reporter report news cuz it hurt his feelings? Just read that Bernstein wang whipped him for doing so. Finfer called Feder a "hack". Bernstein called him "a credible reporter". That was also a shot at Finfer.

You know, Doc, Finfer does not represent a University of Illinois education very well. He's really is a dim bulb. Is he the exception? Are most grads smart like you?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:01 pm 

I don't think it's fair to compare him to me.

I think Quigs is a UofI guy also.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

Here it is. Somebody put Finfer's bitching and crying from yesterday on youtube. A lot of the youtube comments are ripping Finfer and Quigs.

This starts after he found out. So you don't see him reading it online and that reaction. 7:47 Finfer says of his bosses, "Are they human?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUkpQuq2uzE

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:56 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Beardown wrote:
Here it is. Somebody put Finfer's bitching and crying from yesterday on youtube. A lot of the youtube comments are ripping Finfer and Quigs.

This starts after he found out. So you don't see him reading it online and that reaction. 7:47 Finfer wonders about his bosses, "Are they human?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUkpQuq2uzE

i think you forgot to credit peoria matt here because we can't forget that the REAL VICTIM here is, of course, Beardown. the poor guy has been slayed on the CSFMB for his usual thing where it's like "oh hey there's multiple topics on a hot story going on right now.... i know let's make the official beardown thread so the beardown peeps who need to hear the definitive final word on the issue joe-buck-holding-court style don't have to deal with all the riffraff in the other threads and can go straight to a thread made by beardown so they can get what they're looking for.... no needs!

and then when other people are like "hey beardown dude there's multiple threads on this why can't you join the discussion with everyone else?" you can spend a whole day mockingly going out of your way to credit peoria matt for having the scoop / tip-for-finferlandia. hell you can even make your own new thread giving peoria matt his due because you're ironic like that.

i know you dont respond to me very much, if at all (seriously it's MAYBE 2 times over the years, definitely under 3) as i'm prolly perceived to be a "hater" or something, but hey im #TeamBeardown as i literally shined the beardown signal in another thread before you showed up with your much needed 2 cents.... but the whole grandstanding thing where you're above replying in other people's threads so you have to make one of your own for "the proper beardown thread on teh issue" is just kind of insulting to all of us who have been discussing whatever topic for hours/days on end b4 you show up and go "holy shit if i post in a hot topic thread my post might get buried on pages 3-10 and nobody will notice if the convo goes on for a few pages more, so id better make my own thread so that way everyone knows i'm in there for sure"

AHEM. so yeah as i was saying b4 i tangented myself out of my own paragraph (and thus i should make a proper new thread about this point so people don't get lost in my blather to see my beardown-related-point) i have respect for you and your hustle, and i wanna make sure that we all take a minute to give our support to you THE REAL VICTIM of this story.... because holy shit all you tried to do was grandstand in your own special thread aka the ~4th on the given subject at hand and now you're under attack from your legions of haters to the point where we gotta sit decastro down and say "why did you fire everyone when beardown wasn't on the board posting? now becuase of the resulting shitstorm his good name is besmirched and he has to faux-apologize to peoria matt til the end of time" and yeah. let's all take a second to tip our caps to the man, the myth, the legend that is beardown.... aka THE REAL VICTIM OF THIS HOOPLA @ THE GAME 87.7 WGAF RADIO CHICAGO ILLINOIS 60666.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:00 pm 

redaction: i have to confess that my favorite thing isn't just the beardown thread aka thread #3+ on a given topic.... it's when you show up in the pre-existing rapidly-expanding 5-15 page thread and give your two cents.... but then you wait 5 minutes and see that you're going to be on a page preceding the current one very soon and people might not notice that you showed up in the thread, so then you go and make a new thread (aka #3+) on that subject to reiterate what you originally posted in the hot/active/rolling thread with a little more pizzazz cuz people come to the CSFMB to find their beardown threads and not have to deal with teh rest of the idiots blathering their worthless opinions.

they need the beardown thread to tell it like it is and/or should/will be, especially with the "conversations" part at the end of the post, which should be (C)/TM Beardown posting union inc. because it's oft-imitated but never duplicated.... and it's why the industry comes to CSFMB: to see what beardown says next.

</slayingwindmills>

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:08 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Props on the new avatar.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

Finfer to DeCastro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPcyTyilmYY

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:12 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
Props on the new avatar.

thx dude. i'm likely gonna hit myself for the whole "crack a beer and let it rip" thing with beardown re: his faux-apology-to-you campaign, but it sticks in my craw that dude thinks he's above the rest of us and is too insecure about his much-needed-perspective (and i do think we both want and need it here, to be honest. it's not the CSFMB without beardown, hence my literally shining the beardown signal for him) and starting up his own thread to hijack the discussion like "ok everyone you had y'all fun talking about the issue of the day, but now i'm here so let's start over with a thread where everyone knows exactly where to find my thoughts on it so they dont get lost in a sea of your crap trying to find my post/s"

mac is guilty of kind of doing the same thing, granted his threads are all referendums about him and he IS a celebrity here, whereas beardown is more of a prodigal son.

and oh wow, that's about as close as i get to a beardown reply to my post/s to/about him! i shall cherish the day where i realize "omfg he read my stuff and went out of his way to let me know he read it without actually saying anything since i am beneath him like that" =D =D =D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:17 pm 

Finfer is sitting in tonight as the third wheel on McKnight's show just for the hell of it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Finfer is sitting in tonight as the third wheel on McKnight's show just for the hell of it.

So he really doesn't want to interview anywhere in the western world for a radio job for several years then.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Don Tiny wrote:

So he really doesn't want to interview anywhere in the western world for a radio job for several years then.

You would think these guys would treat this as an opportunity to use this as an audition for another job instead of treating it like amateur hour. Apparently not enough people wanted to listen to Finer from 12 to 3 everyday, so l guess he thought it'd be a good idea to lend that star power to another show.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:14 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

You would think these guys would treat this as an opportunity to use this as an audition for another job instead of treating it like amateur hour. Apparently not enough people wanted to listen to Finer from 12 to 3 everyday, so l guess he thought it'd be a good idea to lend that star power to another show.

So, what happened at your last job?

Answer (a): It was a real learning experience, particularly the day I learned on-air that the station was closing up shop at the end of the year. In that moment I might not have handled it perfectly well, but I'd argue that's understandable. What I then decided was best for myself - and my listeners deserved - was not only to redouble my efforts to deliver a good show, but also to try a few things I might not otherwise have tried, at least not so soon. It ended up being a great sandbox to work out some new ideas moving forward for my next opportunity.

Answer (b): I didn't handle learning on-air that I was getting shit-canned along with the rest of the station in about six weeks, so then I decided to barge into other people's shows and hold court about nothing in particular ... you know, like that one guy in college that didn't quite understand it was time for him to leave your room so you could get your work done. I'm sorry, what was that? No, I wasn't doing a 'bit', I don't quite follow your question. Why does your face look like that? Did you fart?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:16 pm 
1000 CLUB

Along with Deadspin, Awfulannouncing picked up the story (Apropos, don't you think?)

http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/chicago-sports-radio-hosts-learn-theyre-fired-air.html

In the article, they posted a tweet by their update girl who also decided to rip Robert Feder.

Julie DiCaro ✔ @JulieDiCaro
Follow
Huge thanks to @RobertFeder for breaking that news while we're on the air. Rather be first than worry about people's feelings.
1:14 PM - 20 Nov 2014

She's an update anchor. Pretty much a reporter. She doesn't get her own business either. Just like Finfer. It just amazes me.

It reminds me of that exchange between Demi Moore and Tom Cruise in A Few Good Men. When Kaffe and Galloway land in Cuba and hop on a jeep to interview Jessup.

Private driving them: We'll just hop on the ferry and be over there in no time.

Kaffee: Whoa! Hold it! We gotta take a boat?!

Private: Yes, sir, to get to the other side of the bay.

Kaffee: Nobody said anything about a boat.

Private: Is there a problem, sir?

Kaffee: No. No Problem. I'm just not that crazy about boats, that's all.

Galloway: Jesus Christ, Kaffee, you're in the Navy for cryin' out loud!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:16 pm 
1000 CLUB

Along with Deadspin, Awfulannouncing picked up the story (Apropos, don't you think?)

http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/chicago-sports-radio-hosts-learn-theyre-fired-air.html

In the article, they posted a tweet by their update girl who also came to the conclusion that Robert Feder was the enemy.

Julie DiCaro ✔ @JulieDiCaro
Follow
Huge thanks to @RobertFeder for breaking that news while we're on the air. Rather be first than worry about people's feelings.
1:14 PM - 20 Nov 2014

She's an update anchor. Pretty much a reporter. She doesn't get her own business either. Just like Finfer. It just amazes me.

It reminds me of that exchange between Demi Moore and Tom Cruise in A Few Good Men. When Kaffe and Galloway land in Cuba and hop on a jeep to interview Jessup.

Private driving them: We'll just hop on the ferry and be over there in no time.

Kaffee: Whoa! Hold it! We gotta take a boat?!

Private: Yes, sir, to get to the other side of the bay.

Kaffee: Nobody said anything about a boat.

Private: Is there a problem, sir?

Kaffee: No. No Problem. I'm just not that crazy about boats, that's all.

Galloway: Jesus Christ, Kaffee, you're in the Navy for cryin' out loud!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Robert Feder is supposed to sit on stories so nobody's feelings get hurt? He's not K.C. Johnson.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:41 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Robert Feder is supposed to sit on stories so nobody's feelings get hurt? He's not K.C. Johnson.

This is why she was only working on the Game instead of, say, busing tables at a Steak 'n' Shake.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

I mean, you naturally feel bad for them. Then they talk and tweet. That's when they become unsympathetic figures. While I never listened, you now know why the station failed. The GAME's staff are dumb asses. Clueless. Idiot savants.

I'm gonna turn the tables on them. Why doesn't Ben and the update girl apologize to DeCastro and the Tribune Company for sucking, being dumb, losing them a lot of money and causing them to shut down?

They were the lowest rated station in Chicago according everything I read. When this frequency was Jazz, it did better.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

I mean, you naturally feel bad for them. Then they talk and tweet. That's when they become unsympathetic figures. While I never listened, you now know why the station failed. The GAME's staff are dumb asses. Clueless. Idiot savants.

I'm gonna turn the tables on them. Why doesn't Ben and the update girl apologize to DeCastro and the Tribune Company for sucking, being dumb, losing them a lot of money and causing them to shut down?

They were the lowest rated station in Chicago according everything I read. When this frequency was Jazz, it did better.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:58 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

This is why she was only working on the Game instead of, say, busing tables at a Steak 'n' Shake.

Imagine of she was waiting tables at Gibson's.

She'd have married herself a hockey player by now.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:00 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Beardown wrote:

It was smooth jazz. There's a distinction. That genre shouldn't even have the word "jazz" in it.

That being said, the actual jazz station in the market, WDCB, had better ratings than the Game.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:07 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
WDCB, had better ratings than the Game.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:50 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Beardown wrote:

I think dumbass posts like this bring readership here down as well.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:03 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:18 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Beardown wrote:

You can do a lot worse around here than Beardown.

Yes, I do realize how depressing that is.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:32 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Don Tiny wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Beardown wrote:

:lol:

Certainly - though perhaps just not in this thread?

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:09 pm 

the game lost the game because they werent on a full powered am station with mike north at the helm.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Don Tiny wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Right on cue...

IkeSouth wrote:
the game lost the game because they werent on a full powered am station with mike north at the helm.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next