It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: October Books
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
Didn't see a thread:

"For Men 25-54, the hotly contested rivalry with the most interest is the battle between WSCR-AM/670 The Score and WMVP-AM/ESPN Chicago 1000. WSCR-AM is winning that ratings battle once again, but not in all dayparts. Overall, WSCR-AM is #3 for Men 25-54, while WMVP-AM is #10. Mornings belong to WSCR-AM, with The Score being #2 with a 5.6 share and WMVP-AM at #4 with a 4.6 share. When comparing morning show vs morning show, whose times do not fit perfectly inside of Nielsen's morning drive daypart, WSCR-AM's Mully & Hanley beat WMVP-AM's Mike & Mike by a 5.6 share to a 4.9 share. For middays, WSCR-AM is #5 with a 4.2 share, while WMVP-AM is #6 with a 4.1 share. However, once again, the station's two midday shows do not quite fit perfectly within Nielsen's midday daypart. When comparing show to show, WMVP-AM's Carmen & Jurko are #4 with a 4.0 share, while WSCR-AM's Spiegel & Mannelly are #7 with a 3.8 share. This ratings period was Patrick Mannelly's first full one as the station's new midday host, replacing the highly-rated Dan McNeil. In afternoons, WSCR-FM is #1 with a 5.9 share and WMVP-AM is #10 with a 3.7 share. Comparing show to show, WSCR-AM's Boers & Bernstein are #2 with a 5.8 and WMVP-AM's Waddle & Silvy are #4 with a 4.0 share. In evenings, ratings drop greatly for both stations. WMVP-AM takes the lead as #16 and 2.6 share, with WSCR-AM coming in at #17 with a 2.6 share."

Post subject: Re: October Books
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:17 pm 

Wellness check on Frank and others. B&B proving once again they are the greatest thing on radio.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Wellness check on Frank and others. B&B proving once again they are the greatest thing on radio.

It's interesting. Based on this board and friends outside of it, the overwhelming opinion is disdain towards B&B. Do that many people truly hate listen?
I podcast it daily, but never get a chance to listen live anymore

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:24 pm 

Northside_Dan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

It's interesting. Based on this board and friends outside of it, the overwhelming opinion is disdain towards B&B. Do that many people truly hate listen?

The B&B hate crew is like 3 people with 10 mults each.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:25 pm 

Northside_Dan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

It's a very good show with a lot of bad thoughts.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:47 pm 

Northside_Dan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

The close ratings of Mully and Hanley and B and B would seem to indicate that people are Score listeners rather than fans of a particular show.

I have always said that B and B get good ratings but are still an underperforming asset as that show should be trouncing Waddle and Silvy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Being #17 at night is like coming in 7th of 8 racers at the 4th grade relays, as a 20 year old.

Maybe spend less than 22% of your 37 minutes of airtime talking about yourself, your twitter feed, your facebook, your producers, etc. Does that 17th include radios left ON in offices?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:35 pm 

Northside_Dan wrote:
In afternoons, WSCR-FM is #1 with a 5.9 share and WMVP-AM is #10 with a 3.7 share. Comparing show to show, WSCR-AM's Boers & Bernstein are #2 with a 5.8 and WMVP-AM's Waddle & Silvy are #4 with a 4.0 share.

:D

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:40 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Northside_Dan wrote:
In afternoons, WSCR-FM is #1 with a 5.9 share and WMVP-AM is #10 with a 3.7 share. Comparing show to show, WSCR-AM's Boers & Bernstein are #2 with a 5.8 and WMVP-AM's Waddle & Silvy are #4 with a 4.0 share.

Frank is weeping.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Douchebag wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Northside_Dan wrote:

Frank is weeping.

Stay out of White Sox business.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Barnaby's
Northside_Dan wrote:
"When comparing show to show, WMVP-AM's Carmen & Jurko are #4 with a 4.0 share, while WSCR-AM's Spiegel & Mannelly are #7 with a 3.8 share. This ratings period was Patrick Mannelly's first full one as the station's new midday host, replacing the highly-rated Dan McNeil."

I realize that the Spiegel & Mannelly Show is still new but for it to lose in its first full ratings period (09/11/14 through 10/08/14) to the Carmen & Jurko Show, even if it is by a small margin, cannot be good news for The Score. For one thing, these ratings are during the Bears season with Mannelly, a just-retired Bear, as the co-host. Secondly, while the show is still new, Spiegel has been a co-host on that time slot on The Score since 2009.

Last edited by WindyCityBreeze on Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
bigfan wrote:
Being #17 at night is like coming in 7th of 8 racers at the 4th grade relays, as a 20 year old.

Maybe spend less than 22% of your 37 minutes of airtime talking about yourself, your twitter feed, your facebook, your producers, etc. Does that 17th include radios left ON in offices?

You might get stabbed for a post like that.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
WindyCityBreeze wrote:
Northside_Dan wrote:
"When comparing show to show, WMVP-AM's Carmen & Jurko are #4 with a 4.0 share, while WSCR-AM's Spiegel & Mannelly are #7 with a 3.8 share. This ratings period was Patrick Mannelly's first full one as the station's new midday host, replacing the highly-rated Dan McNeil."

I realize that the Spiegel & Mannelly Show is still new but for it to lose in its first full ratings period to the Carmen & Jurko Show, even if it is by a small margin, cannot be good news for The Score. For one thing, these ratings are during the Bears season with Mannelly, a just-retired Bear, as the co-host. Secondly, while the show is still new, Spiegel has been a co-host on that timeslot on The Score since 2009.

I like Pat, but he was a fucking long snapper who is far from a big name draw...and no one tunes in for Meatpants. This show doesnt have legs and I will be surprised if it makes it 2 years.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:44 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Scorehead wrote:
WindyCityBreeze wrote:
Northside_Dan wrote:

I realize that the Spiegel & Mannelly Show is still new but for it to lose in its first full ratings period to the Carmen & Jurko Show, even if it is by a small margin, cannot be good news for The Score. For one thing, these ratings are during the Bears season with Mannelly, a just-retired Bear, as the co-host. Secondly, while the show is still new, Spiegel has been a co-host on that timeslot on The Score since 2009.

I like Pat, but he was a fucking long snapper who is far from a big name draw...and no one tunes in for Meatpants. This show doesnt have legs and I will be surprised if it makes it 2 years.

Your predictions pretty much always suck.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.