It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:18 am 
1000 CLUB

Except for City of Fools, right?

I get it. I have no interest either. What's your reasons?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:19 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
They can't hang up on me here!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:20 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
My high school speech teacher said I sound like Orion Samuelson.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:25 am 
1000 CLUB

If they have a real nice give-away I'll call. But many times that doesn't require you to be on the air. It's usually the 10th caller type of thing. Drinky has always been polite to me when telling me I didn't win. I think it's always "Sorry, buddy."

Before I was on this board I got on the air talking to Murph and won something. It was a triva thing. I forget what it was. Gift certificate for something. I won lobsters from WGN 720 for trivia too.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:29 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I talked to Steve & Garry in 1984 for about 10 minutes.

Steve was fascinated with my teenage life.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:33 am 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
My high school speech teacher said I sound like Orion Samuelson.

I think I preferred not knowing who you looked or sounded like. Now you're like some AM radio Frankenstein.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:55 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
I've been a daily WSCR listener since 1992 & have never called in.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:35 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
if i have a thought worth sharing i'll text it in... never called

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:00 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
I called Wake and Bake last year and got on the air briefly. Haven't called any other 670 shows.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:26 am 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
I drunk called Julie Sweika, don't remember exactly what I said and the next day she was no longer on the Score.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:28 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I never called in either, but it was the callers that made the SCORE. How did it happen they got marginalized?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:13 am 

pizza_Place: Da Jewelz
Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
I drunk called Julie Sweika, don't remember exactly what I said and the next day she was no longer on the Score.

https://soundcloud.com/darth-w0nderfuck ... g-and-rain

OR DID YOU CALL IN AS JUGGS? :wink: :alien:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:16 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
AntiCrewMult wrote:
Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:

https://soundcloud.com/darth-w0nderfuck ... g-and-rain

OR DID YOU CALL IN AS JUGGS? :wink: :alien:

I think that is Biggs calling in for his Bears report!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:23 am 

I called MJH a few times. It was fun and they'd talk to you. Calling into the Score seems like a suicide mission unless you're calling to agree 100% with the host

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:29 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
rogers park bryan wrote:
I called MJH a few times. It was fun and they'd talk to you. Calling into the Score seems like a suicide mission unless you're calling to agree 100% with the host

One usually can't even agree with bernstein without him getting snotty:

Caller: I jus' wanned to say, dan, you're absolutely right about Penn State. Dey shoulden be rapin' dem kids up at dat place!

bernstein: *SIGH* It's not even that. There are going to be deviants in this world. Some of them rape children. It's the system that protects the rapist that's so awful. It's the Joe-Bots that are the real problem. YOU. MUST. NOT. CONDONE. THE. DEVIANT. BEHAVIOR.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:30 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Caller: I jus' wanned to say, dan, you're absolutely right about Penn State. Dey shoulden be rapin' dem kids up at dat place!

bernstein: *SIGH* It's not even that. There are going to be deviants in this world. Some of them rape children. It's the system that protects the rapist that's so awful. It's the Joe-Bots that are the real problem. YOU. MUST. NOT. CONDONE. THE. DEVIANT. BEHAVIOR.

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:35 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
used to cal in many times when the Score started "Slumlord" came from having some producers living in places I owned and became friendly with them.

I did call M&H last year in the arly hours because I know I wont get the producer interview.

The producer should answer the damn phone and just ask what topic you want to talk about ...Bears, cubs, etc....instead you get a mini pre interview to determine whether your call meets the criteria of some 22 year old intern from Columbia that knows less about Chicago sports than my mom! Then you re asked to wait on hold for ..20-30 minutes...sorry, my max hold time is 5 minutes ...for anyone.

And maybe one day, I will call in to BB for the final call...but thats a big MAYBE

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:39 am 

I called in very drunk late on a Saturday night one time because I wanted to know the score of a Hawaii game and didn't have cable. The producer was friendly and understood my dilemma. I never felt compelled to call again.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:40 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
I got shit to do...or even if I don't, being on hold is not one of them.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:53 am 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
Called in once and talked with Jay Zawaski hosting a Hawks show a few years back. That's it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:11 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
I find it hard to believe no one else here calls in...

I only call B&B (called Mac once because he name dropped me twice, so why not, and my first call ever was to Murph when he was on nights because, hey, nobody was listening) and I don't sit on hold for more than five minutes before a) I'm on the air or b) I drop the call. Timing is essential i.e. don't call going into a break, and so is having met them multiple times, it seems to change them quite a bit in dealing with them even though I rarely call in specifically to agree with them.

Matt is a really good guy who generally gets me straight on the air. Anyone who says their screening process is long cannot be calling that show.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:48 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Scorehead wrote:
I've been a daily WSCR listener since 1992 & have never called in.

This

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:49 am 

Hatchetman wrote:
I never called in either, but it was the callers that made the SCORE. How did it happen they got marginalized?

When the afternoon host, with his disdain for the listeners, became the face of the station.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:50 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Caller: Hey guys, love the show. How are you guys today?
Berns: *SIGH* I'm fine, Terry's fine, we're fine.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:07 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
bigfan wrote:
used to cal in many times when the Score started "Slumlord" came from having some producers living in places I owned and became friendly with them.

I did call M&H last year in the arly hours because I know I wont get the producer interview.

The producer should answer the damn phone and just ask what topic you want to talk about ...Bears, cubs, etc....instead you get a mini pre interview to determine whether your call meets the criteria of some 22 year old intern from Columbia that knows less about Chicago sports than my mom! Then you re asked to wait on hold for ..20-30 minutes...sorry, my max hold time is 5 minutes ...for anyone.

And maybe one day, I will call in to BB for the final call...but thats a big MAYBE

Disagree, they should screen the shit out of callers, for the B&B show especially. Instead their gigglingly-lazy production staff just puts people on and wonder why they're terrible. Most callers are terrible!

And despite what B&B think, it's not good radio to be adversarial to callers, even for this mythical 'hate-listen' audience they generate. Bernstein's past the point of no return with his newfound angst in callers merely saying 'hi' first. So instead go the other way: take very few callers and the few on better be prepared and ready. Like Mike&Mike or whatever (though I haven't heard them in years), they'd have a caller on just to make a pre-thought out point, and then he'd be cut off and gone and the hosts do the talking.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:19 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
I called WYC one time but while I was on hold someone crapped the person I was going to so I hung up.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:20 am 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
Used to love the old Tony Kornheiser ESPN radio show when he would instantly hang up on "How you doing?' etc. The producers warned every caller DON'T say it, but some could just not help themselves.

I spent a day in the studio with Spike O'Dell (48) many years ago- the producer has their hands full weeding out the desired caller results- the Score guys must work hard to get those idiots on that you say they do, I'm sure there are a lot of coherent callers to dump before you get a "good" one

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:22 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
I called a few times to B&B when I first discovered the show back in 2006...first call was a trainwreck about Duke basketball...second and third times were a Friday Fung and Who You Crappin' contribution...next time I tried calling whoever was producing (bless their soul) thought better of putting me on the air...took the hint and have just been a listener ever since.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:22 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I called Tommy Williams around 1997 (good soft landing for a teenage caller) and a North show ~2002 or so. As a huge B&B fan I only emailed, not surprisingly that's a better way to get your thoughts on the air.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
K Effective wrote:
Used to love the old Tony Kornheiser ESPN radio show when he would instantly hang up on "How you doing?' etc. The producers warned every caller DON'T say it, but some could just not help themselves.

I spent a day in the studio with Spike O'Dell (48) many years ago- the producer has their hands full weeding out the desired caller results- the Score guys must work hard to get those idiots on that you say they do, I'm sure there are a lot of coherent callers to dump before you get a "good" one

I loved Tony. That was such a good show.