It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Laurence Show
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:54 am 

spanky wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's #NationalHugDay! This is one of my "kids" @ashlynsnuckel. She was one of my students @depaulu and was so smart, kind and hard-working, that I thought it would be a good idea for her to join @670thescore Promotions Department. Since I'm old enough to be her dad, I told the Score boys to treat her as if she's my daughter. Basically, if you mess with her---you mess with me!

http://instagram.com/p/yI9-XqsfAI/

adjunct professor, so he probably taught her one class and they built such a bond that hugs are...I told you the ladies would be making their last ditch efforts before the wedding.

But seriously, if you are the fiancée, don't you tell him to cool down on that kind of stuff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:09 am 

good dolphin wrote:
But seriously, if you are the fiancée, don't you tell him to cool down on that kind of stuff

I would think so.
But then again he's engaged to, he could just cool down on the fake relations with females on his own.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
good dolphin wrote:
spanky wrote:

It's #NationalHugDay! This is one of my "kids" @ashlynsnuckel. She was one of my students @depaulu and was so smart, kind and hard-working, that I thought it would be a good idea for her to join @670thescore Promotions Department. Since I'm old enough to be her dad, I told the Score boys to treat her as if she's my daughter. Basically, if you mess with her---you mess with me!

adjunct professor, so he probably taught her one class and they built such a bond that hugs are...I told you the ladies would be making their last ditch efforts before the wedding.

No, baby, it's nothing! They're like a kid to me. You, on the other hand...you're old!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:40 pm 

any chance a mid thirty year old woman who was one of Laurence's "little sisters" at one time is not a pissed to see him hugging a 22 year old woman he calls his child?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:43 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
good dolphin wrote:
any chance a mid thirty year old woman who was one of Laurence's "little sisters" at one time is not a pissed to see him hugging a 22 year old woman he calls his child?

Those are your hang-ups, man. Any woman that LoHo deems worthy to participate in his $375k/year will know the deal goin' in.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:45 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Those are your hang-ups, man. Any woman that LoHo deems worthy to participate in his $375k/year will know the deal goin' in.

After taxes

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
rogers park bryan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

After taxes

Wesley Snipes wrote:
What are those?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:58 pm 

[$375k/year .

Hater

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:07 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
laurence can win back my all-important listenership if he were to replace that stupid show-intro song from those las vegas [place] commercials (JUST THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF WRONG!) with this timeless masterstroke from the aptly named artist/s "alaska thunderfuck".

seriously laurence, you left a lot of us out in the cold, alone and without our daily sustenance when you shitcanned SHAKE THAT, so by adopting this alaska thunderfuckery here you can not only get back in our good graces, but also (literally?) open yourself up to a whole new demographic of listeners when you captivate the homo demographic by inviting them in with this song.

trust me, the a-team won't be the only "full-fledged" things in chicago when you belt this anthem out on the 50kw torch of truth and justice!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
good dolphin wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
spanky wrote:

Yeah. I agree. Getting jobs for girls and only girls at the Score was always weird and creepy. But more so when you're engaged. I don't think Larry realizes this shit has to stop.

How would Larry feel if his fiance got some 22 year old dude a social worker position and posted a picture on instagram with her hugging him saying "This young stud is like a son to me".

Don't think Larry would be cool with that. I'm sure the fiance had a talk with him shortly after this went up.

Fiance: You can't get jobs for girls anymore. That game never helped you when you were single anyway. And no more posting pics of you hugging girls. No more posing with the NBC ladies either. Got it? Can you lose that creepy smile while your at it?

Larry: Yes, dear. :(

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:19 am 

You know he is going to have some whacky stunt at his wedding reception like where the wife rips up his black book or all the women in the room are given keys and return them to Sir at some point during the best man's speech. Mommy won't be in on the joke and she will say she is never returning those keys

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:22 am 

pizza_Place: Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinders
John Byrne was the best artist to ever draw the X-Men, in my opinion...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:26 am 

Makalu G wrote:

And you wonder why people think you're Laurence...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:31 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Makalu G wrote:

I'm going with Jack Kirby.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:33 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Makalu G wrote:

And you wonder why people think you're Laurence...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:34 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Makalu G wrote:

I'm going with Jack Kirby.

You're certainly old school, man...

"I'll bet you're a big Lee Marvin fan"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Caught some of his show last night. CH needs to update the bingo card with "Close Quote".

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:40 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
i also caught some of last night's show when i was outside shoveling and man he was on bernstein's nuts at one point in/around the final hour. he was talking about how "if dan bernstein has you saying that any show host giving callers a hard time is 'pulling a bernstein' then he's won! he's clearly the best radio host in the world because he's in your head and you're thinking about him all the time" or something like that, and i must have let out at least 5 "shutup lawrence"s when he was doing that schtick along with proclaiming that if you're gonna call him up and "bring the crazy" then he's going to "bring the crazy" too and etc etc rah rah rah blah blah blah i guess he hasn't figured out that average/non-scorehead listeners might not like having radio show hosts talk down to them about how they're supposed to consume/enjoy sports/radio/etc because it was some massively PTFB stuff that i only soldiered through because i was too lazy to reach into my coat pocket and find something else in the 9+pm radio abyss while i was shoveling.

he basically laughed at people who call him a "mini-bernstein" or whatever because that's just how you do radio! the defense/exalting of bernstein was as stereotypically over the top as you can get and he was pretty much doing what his "haters" accuse him of, only that it was this impromptu seminar on how to listen/call-in to sports talk radio which, as always, is MUCH NEEDED.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
100% truthful question

What does he call his show? HIS SHOW? THE ME SHOW? HOLMES & CO?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
sinicalypse wrote:
i also caught some of last night's show when i was outside shoveling and man he was on bernstein's nuts at one point in/around the final hour. he was talking about how "if dan bernstein has you saying that any show host giving callers a hard time is 'pulling a bernstein' then he's won! he's clearly the best radio host in the world because he's in your head and you're thinking about him all the time" or something like that

:puker: yeah, this cult of the hate-listener I guess I just don't quite believe exists...at all.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:54 pm 

Franky T wrote:
Caught some of his show last night. CH needs to update the bingo card with "Close Quote".

one new square has to be "mention of home ownership"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
good dolphin wrote:
Franky T wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:40 pm 

spmack wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Franky T wrote:

seriously though, I hear that every day, like "Hooray, you aren't homeless!"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

Reared on the Score wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:
i also caught some of last night's show when i was outside shoveling and man he was on bernstein's nuts at one point in/around the final hour. he was talking about how "if dan bernstein has you saying that any show host giving callers a hard time is 'pulling a bernstein' then he's won! he's clearly the best radio host in the world because he's in your head and you're thinking about him all the time" or something like that

:puker: yeah, this cult of the hate-listener I guess I just don't quite believe exists...at all.

That's an odd thought by Larry. When people say that others at the Score are "Pulling a Bernstein" they're not trying to insult Dan. They're insulting the other hacks at the Score who try to copy him. Dan wins according to Larry? Nobody is trying to beat him when they say that. They're just ripping the Larrys or drinkys of THE SCORE.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:12 am 

bigfan wrote:
100% truthful question

A valid question, the use of "me", "we", and "the" is freely interchanged in the first 10 minutes. Also, the dumb-assed open makes no sense.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:11 am 

No Clever Moniker wrote:
bigfan wrote:
100% truthful question

A valid question, the use of "me", "we", and "the" is freely interchanged in the first 10 minutes. Also, the dumb-assed open makes no sense.

Laurence unfriends you.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:16 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
No Clever Moniker wrote:
bigfan wrote:
100% truthful question

So nobody has an answer for me. I know he prides himself on his 27 minute open and he thinks it is some work of art, but does the show have a name?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:37 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
"The Laurence Holmes Show" or "my show." Usually calls it "my show."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:25 pm 

Laurence: I know how much you love going to Wrigley, whenever you're in town.

Phife Dawg: Actually, I've only been there one time.

Laurence: WHAT

Guess he doesn't know his boy after all.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next