It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:17 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Mac's Sox fandom is probably built around convenient parking and concession stand options.

It's built upon the 1969 Cubs disaster

But it's not even real. Just like North and bernstein, he claims to be a Sox fan but he can't hide his excitement when he thinks the Cubs have a chance.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:18 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I think it's interesting that Mannelly has a bigger issue with his lack of interest in other sports than the Score actually does.

I commend him for making the decision. Seems like he wouldn't have had any impediment to just mailing in a year's worth of shows and collecting a paycheck.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:22 pm 
Site Admin

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I think it's interesting that Mannelly has a bigger issue with his lack of interest in other sports than the Score actually does.

I had the same thought. I actually thought the ability to proudly ignore particular sports was a prerequisite for working at WSCR.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

There was something telling in tranny. At least I thought so. Bernstein was licking Mannelly. Saying "you did 16 years in the NFL which gives you the right to do what you want to do." You would think Mannelly would respond to that. He didn't. Dead silence.

The silence was like Mannelly saying "Fuck you, Bernstein. You can wipe of that grin. I know what you did. It's all been a pack of lies!!!!!!"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
BD, still working it? You are one hard hitting insider. I think this needs a new thread. Will you accomodate me.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Q.Bovifs wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
RadioNerd wrote:
Would be shocked if Mac doesn't return and drive the show again.

Speigel would be salty I think.

I'm hoping that Grimace gets whacked and Finfer replace him. I wonder if Mitch would let Mac pick his partner again?

I, too, am hoping that Spiegs gets reassigned.

He should go back to Hit-N-Run with Rozner.

I'm hoping he goes on "eat & get the runs" on Food TV.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou's, Pequod's
denisdman wrote:
BD, still working it? You are one hard hitting insider. I think this needs a new thread. Will you accomodate me.

Also, that's an insult to the poster BD Image

Last edited by Apologist on Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
The long snapper decided he was too good for this WSCR shit. The football equivalent of a bullpen catcher decided he had better post-playing career opportunities than a mid day show in the 4th largest city in North America.

That's pretty awful. Mannelly is a glorified nobody who got his (second) big break of a lifetime but ultimately walked away from it because he just didn't care enough.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
America wrote:
The long snapper decided he was too good for this WSCR shit. The football equivalent of a bullpen catcher decided he had better post-playing career opportunities than a mid day show in the 4th largest city in North America.

That's pretty awful. Mannelly is a glorified nobody who got his (second) big break of a lifetime but ultimately walked away from it because he just didn't care enough.

Better that than e hang the not interested sign out for other sports discussion ( Mac) or pretend to have watched games and agree blindly with what your partner says ( Boers).

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:03 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Exactly my point. How far they have fallen.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:19 am 

America wrote:

But its not even that :D

The fact Mannelly has saved his money up and has no need to fake his way through a radio gig is impressive.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:21 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
I have no ill will toward Mannelly himself. Mitch gave him a job he wasn't ready for, he tried it, didn't like it, and walked away from it rather than suck at it (which he really would have once we started getting into the lull between football and baseball). By WSCR standards, where stupid people happily produce bad shows for other stupid people so that they themselves can get a few scraps of airtime to do bad radio of their own, he's goddamn noble. He's Cincinnatus.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:27 am 

I was surprised at how decent the show was when I was off last week. (Also the shift in tone when the B and B show starts is fucking pronounced...way more than Id remembered)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:37 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
America wrote:

He played it perfectly. Got out at the exact right time.

Radio management likely loves him as he is a former Bear that's celebrated and can actually speak. Pat has pretty much guaranteed himself a check as long as he wants it as the station's next Buffone. If Bears stay with CBS then Pat is next man up when Thayer quits.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:42 am 

Tom Thayer does a phone-in segment from his offseason home in Hawaii:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:53 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Lots of great stuff from the Simpsons, but this was one of my all time favorites:

Disco Stu: Disco Stu has ouzo for two-zo.
Bart: I'll leave you guys alone.
Disco Stu (pointing to Bart): Disco Stu was talking to you.
(Bart shudders in disgust)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:58 am 

Apologist wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Also, that's an insult to the poster BD Image

all i can think about is how far up that shovel handle could fit on either one of those broads

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:04 am 

pizza_Place: Sausage
So today we have Drinky and Snappy? Weird...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:59 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:

Stop it. Dahl used to detail how Thayer did his au pair on the hotel balcony during one of Dahl's shows from Hawaii. Come to think of it, he never said the gender of the au pair.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Arrenello's in Glenwood, IL
badrogue17 wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
I'd take Kap and Haugh if it meant losing Grimace.

Absolutely.

Agreed. Sad that Snapper is leaving as I liked him. I am glad that he is going to stay and focus on football though.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:10 pm 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
Curious Hair wrote:
I have no ill will toward Mannelly himself. Mitch gave him a job he wasn't ready for, he tried it, didn't like it, and walked away from it rather than suck at it (which he really would have once we started getting into the lull between football and baseball). By WSCR standards, where stupid people happily produce bad shows for other stupid people so that they themselves can get a few scraps of airtime to do bad radio of their own, he's goddamn noble. He's Cincinnatus.

No mitch knew he was a stopgap IMHO. They needed a football guy and most of us said it at the time that Pat would be gone after football season. That is after the fact I guess but search my posts and I hated the hiring. Anyway I think we all knew it we just liked pat. He was a decent guy.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:11 pm 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Stop it. Dahl used to detail how Thayer did his au pair on the hotel balcony during one of Dahl's shows from Hawaii. Come to think of it, he never said the gender of the au pair.

Didn't Kevin Matthews used to tell a story about how Raymond Burr hit on Thayer in a bar out in LA? I wonder what kind of bar Thayer and Raymond Burr were in. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:14 pm 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
America wrote:

4th largest city? Who overtook Chicago? Houston? Not really close, and considering the suburban area not close at all. Who is your third may I ask?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:23 pm 

You mustn't forget Mexico City!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
[
Didn't Kevin Matthews used to tell a story about how Raymond Burr hit on Thayer in a bar out in LA? I wonder what kind of bar Thayer and Raymond Burr were in. :lol:

It was outside a hotel. Thayer was out lying in the sun on the grass and Burr approached him. At least that was the story.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I think Toronto is bigger than Chicago too now, although I'm not sure about metro population.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

Hatchetman wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
[

It was outside a hotel. Thayer was out lying in the sun on the grass and Burr approached him. At least that was the story.

Finish the story. Did Thayer smile at him and walk hand in hand to his hotel room? Or did Thayer carry him to the hotel room?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:32 pm 

RIPAdamHarrison wrote:
I think Toronto is bigger than Chicago too now.

That's because Toronto annexed a bunch of suburbs a while ago. So did Montreal, Ottawa, and I believe Halifax. Chicago doesn't get to do that, though if I had my way, Norridge and Harwood Heights would be off the map.

At any rate, Chicagoland still has the GTA beat by a couple million, even by the most liberal definition of the GTA (the one where they claim Hamilton).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:44 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Hatchetman wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
[

I think Kevin invented "is it wrong" back then in his Raymond Burr voice.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:54 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
I like Pat but at least he fessed up to not being up for the job. Glad he's sticking around.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next