All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:52 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Drinky going full Bernstein right now.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Beardown wrote:
Nicklin3011 wrote:
Should Spiegel really be taking days off with his job on the line and up in the air. I really thought he may have a chance without MAC, but they've completely lost the room AKA the audience. Bring back Murph

Just the opposite. If you think you're gonna get fired, might as well use up all of your vacation and/or sick days.

Spiegel is no dummy. Kaplan told Feder that the Score was pursuing him and Haugh. So it's not even a secret that Mitch and Zim don't like Spiegel.

Spiegel knows it. So maybe we'll get more "FUCK YOU, BERNSTEIN!!!!" episodes from him. Cuz he doesn't give a shit any more.

You just repeated what I said before you, and you used 4X more sentences to say the same thing I did.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:00 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Drinky going full Bernstein right now.

Proving that he can put on an oversized asshat and create a situation that is not listenable. If there's no debate then there are no calls, and after 3 hours of repeating yourself people stop listening. What is silly is that in both the first half hour and the last half hour it was the same exact asshattery.

But to answer the question, if he wasn't a part timer he would last all of about one week before he snaps or gets himself deep into contradiction city.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

This is Drinky's last stand!!!!!

If he gets passed over again he'll never get a show on the SCORE.

If I'm gonna go down, I wouldn't want to go down going FULL BERNSTEIN.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

Assuming Mitch and Zim don't go outside the SCORE, it's pretty much is drinky vs. Rozner for the spot. Unless they want to consider Joe O who was not a part of the rotating sub tryout the last time.

Just trying to think who outside of the SCORE they would consider. Any thoughts?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Nicklin3011 wrote:
Should Spiegel really be taking days off with his job on the line and up in the air. I really thought he may have a chance without MAC, but they've completely lost the room AKA the audience. Bring back Murph

I wouldnt be surprised if Meatpants has already been told that he is gone. I agree 100% on Murph. I would love to see him return. He had the highest rated show on The Score when he was fired. Obviously this wont happen as long as Dan and Terry are there.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Murph had high ratings because he was a known local commodity going up against Dan Patrick or people filling in for Dan Patrick. I don't think he'd be a ratings force if he came back today; he's almost been invisible for the last 5+ years. Plus, no one at the Score likes him.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

Doesn't the SCORE have to post this job opening by law? Like they did for the Cubs pre and post gig. They didn't post the midday opening last time I don't think.

I guess Finfer could apply. But I think that rant of his hurt him. Also not being good at talk show hosting hurts him.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:00 am 

pizza_Place: Old World
I'm going to guess and say Jason Goff will be the new hire for midday.....only guessing this off of some clues on social media which I know you should never really count on.....but about a week ago he posted a FB status with just the little smiley face in it.......and then yesterday during him and Zawaski tweeting he told Jay I'll see you soon. I know these things probably mean absolutely nothing and there were rumors saying he would never be back with a CBS Company......But my hunch is that we will have a new Midday show of Spiegel and Goff.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:29 pm 

I'm going to guess and say Jason Goff will be the new hire for midday.....only guessing this off of some clues on social media which I know you should never really count on.....but about a week ago he posted a FB status with just the little smiley face in it.......and then yesterday during him and Zawaski tweeting he told Jay I'll see you soon. I know these things probably mean absolutely nothing and there were rumors saying he would never be back with a CBS Company......But my hunch is that we will have a new Midday show of Spiegel and Goff.

Last edited by Jon148 on Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:41 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
...So who's the first fill-in to host with Spiegs next week? Or does the station announce the replacement between now and Monday morning?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:07 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
RadioNerd wrote:
...So who's the first fill-in to host with Spiegs next week? Or does the station announce the replacement between now and Monday morning?

I'm guessing that the midday show situation will be unresolved for a while.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:16 pm 

Jon148 wrote:

Not to bad for my first post.....probably the only time I'll get something right

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:47 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Good call, Jon. Goff is one guy I never even considered.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
Indeed, all assumed he was still in the CBS Radio penalty box.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:17 am 

Jon148 wrote:
Jon148 wrote:

Not to bad for my first post.....probably the only time I'll get something right

Congrats on the new gig, Jason

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:42 am 

one year contract IS a tryout