It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

http://chicagoradioandmedia.com/news/71 ... -the-drive

what a little bitch he truly is.

BTW, he was BEGGING the GAME to hire him for the afternoon drive and they were going to, until
they pulled the plug on the station.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Score is doomed wrote:
http://chicagoradioandmedia.com/news/7187-dan-mcneil-writes-about-his-new-radio-home-97-1-the-drive

BTW, he was BEGGING the GAME to hire him for the afternoon drive and they were going to, until

They deserve each other.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

You would think, after all the support Big Fan has give this loser, he would have given the letter
to Big Fan.
Just pathetic. Just another lying addict. Hope it blows up on fat Mac.

His story about October is a pure lie. Book it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:17 pm 

pizza_Place: pizzaexpress
Quote:
My partnership with McMurray is off to a good start. He's punctual and has good hygiene.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sideswipe!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
eh, Mac probably figures BigFan seems content with the size and character of this place and Mac throwing him an exclusive would just create more headaches for BigFan in terms of vetting new members etc.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Joe's in Wheeling
Score is doomed wrote:
http://chicagoradioandmedia.com/news/7187-dan-mcneil-writes-about-his-new-radio-home-97-1-the-drive

Mac is a whiny bitch cause he followed his heart?... Ummm ok.
And I doubt he was begging anyone to hire him. Someone with his resume doesn't have to beg a station with 20 listeners (at its peak) for a job!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:29 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Bottom line,pretty lousy thing to do to BF.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Cali Za Kitchen
jimmypasta wrote:

Why? He doesn't work for 670 and this message board is primarily Score listeners. Larz's board deals with all types of media in Chicago and gets a different type of consumer. Doesn't seem that shitty to me.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
SirTinkleButton wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

Why? He doesn't work for 670 and this message board is primarily Score listeners. Larz's board deals with all types of media in Chicago and gets a different type of consumer. Doesn't seem that shitty to me.

Yeah, but bigfan is a good guy and Larz is a total peen.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Good letter from Mac.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Cali Za Kitchen
Curious Hair wrote:
SirTinkleButton wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

Yeah, but bigfan is a good guy and Larz is a total peen.

I don't know either but I'll take your word for it. I suppose Mac should have at least given Bigfan a heads up he was going to do this.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Hussra wrote:
eh, Mac probably figures BigFan seems content with the size and character of this place and Mac throwing him an exclusive would just create more headaches for BigFan in terms of vetting new members etc.

I think you overestimate the amount of interested readers.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

El Gallo Negro wrote:
Score is doomed wrote:

And I doubt he was begging anyone to hire him. Someone with his resume doesn't have to beg a station with 20 listeners (at its peak) for a job!

you are so very wrong

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Mac changed his twitter handle again.

https://twitter.com/DanMcNeil971

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:01 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Larz wrote:
As mentioned on this website yesterday,

Tool.

As I mentioned yesterday, President Kennedy died at 1pm Central Standard Time, 2 o'clock Eastern Standard Time....some 38 minutes ago.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:48 pm 

Hussra wrote:

wow i have thought this for awhile. big seems to like this place just the way it is. which is fine honestly... the larger this place gets the more rules he has to enforce. the best thing about this place is you can say whatever you want as long as you dont call bigfan a disgusting fat potatochip turd

dan mcneil is cool. you all tune in. and i havent heard pete mcmurrey say 'SUNNY!' in over two decades. wxrx- the shitty kind of rock station

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
He sent me some musky lures, we are all good!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

Well, we were all correct in thinking he was going to THE GAME. That's what he announced 5 or 6 months ago when he said he'd be back on the air in January.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:06 pm 

I've always wanted to like Mac. We grew up in the same area and he could be a very entertaining listen. Unfortunately the guy has always seemed to be trying to get away from something. He had a golden ticket at the Score and found success so unbearable that he ran to a Disney station. Even though that was going well it wasn't exactly a shock that the happiest place on radio wasn't going to sit well with ole Danny long term, was it? After nuking that bridge he paraded his ass back to the Score like Caesar returning from Gaul when he should have been begging for a job. But boy, ruling the roost on middays just wasn't enough either. I mean who could blame him, having to actually come to "work" once every other day or so can be a real drag or, in his case, a toke. Then, after he had his "issues" management provided support and welcomed him back for a third time. Their reward was the Magnificent Danny Mac leaving the Score yet again when they couldn't provide a paycheck worthy of him rolling out of bed for.

Like I said, I've always wanted to like Mac but, after all these years, I just don't. I hope he gets his shit together for himself and for his family's sake if for nothing else, but if I never hear his voice on the radio again it will be just fine with me. He had it good at the Score but wanted something else. Now he has it, or believes he does. He's at the "crowned jewel of Chicago radio" doing guy talk, music and sports, something I only think he excels at in one of the three. But I have a feeling it won't take very long for him to tire of his new perch and see those jewels as glass and the crown as a constricting collar urging him to run away yet again. No matter how it goes for him I won't be following him anywhere. I've seen this tired act before and want no part of it any more.

As the saying goes, if you run into an asshole in the morning they are the asshole. But if you run into an asshole in the morning, an asshole in the afternoon and an asshole at night it's you who's the asshole. I wonder if Danny realizes that considering all the assholes he's obviously had to deal with in his career.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

StreetDoc67 wrote:
I've always wanted to like Mac. We grew up in the same area and he could be a very entertaining listen. Unfortunately the guy has always seemed to be trying to get away from something. He had a golden ticket at the Score and found success so unbearable that he ran to a Disney station. Even though that was going well it wasn't exactly a shock that the happiest place on radio wasn't going to sit well with ole Danny long term, was it? After nuking that bridge he paraded his ass back to the Score like Caesar returning from Gaul when he should have been begging for a job. But boy, ruling the roost on middays just wasn't enough either. I mean who could blame him, having to actually come to "work" once every other day or so can be a real drag or, in his case, a toke. Then, after he had his "issues" management provided support and welcomed him back for a third time. Their reward was the Magnificent Danny Mac leaving the Score yet again when they couldn't provide a paycheck worthy of him rolling out of bed for.

Like I said, I've always wanted to like Mac but, after all these years, I just don't. I hope he gets his shit together for himself and for his family's sake if for nothing else, but if I never hear his voice on the radio again it will be just fine with me. He had it good at the Score but wanted something else. Now he has it, or believes he does. He's at the "crowned jewel of Chicago radio" doing guy talk, music and sports, something I only think he excels at in one of the three. But I have a feeling it won't take very long for him to tire of his new perch and see those jewels as glass and the crown as a constricting collar urging him to run away yet again. No matter how it goes for him I won't be following him anywhere. I've seen this tired act before and want no part of it any more.

As the saying goes, if you run into an asshole in the morning they are the asshole. But if you run into an asshole in the morning, an asshole in the afternoon and an asshole at night it's you who's the asshole. I wonder if Danny realizes that considering all the assholes he's obviously had to deal with in his career.

You are so correct.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:16 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
StreetDoc67 wrote:
I've always wanted to like Mac. We grew up in the same area and he could be a very entertaining listen.

You ever give him a spot?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:48 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Score is doomed wrote:
El Gallo Negro wrote:
Score is doomed wrote:

you are so very wrong

SID,

The Game needed Mac, not the other way around.

The Score significantly upped their offer to him to get him back when Mannelly split.

He didn't need to beg anyone for a job.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
So Mac turned down $400K from The Score...but I find it hard to believe that The Drive was willing to pay him that much.
I also wonder if Mac told Mitch that he wanted afternoon drive & a new partner.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

Seacrest wrote:
Score is doomed wrote:
El Gallo Negro wrote:
Score is doomed wrote:

you are so very wrong

SID,

The Game needed Mac, not the other way around.

The Score significantly upped their offer to him to get him back when Mannelly split.

He didn't need to beg anyone for a job.

Not true at all about the salary offer. Not even as much as he turned down when he left.
The Game wanted him for the afternoon slot and he was good to go until they pulled the plug. After that
this FM job came up. Certainly not before, as he claims. Hell, the slot opened up recently when the host decided
to leave, not forced out.
I'm glad he got a job for his family's sake, because his fishing show and book haven't progressed, that would take effort which he hasn't shown he is capable of for years.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:40 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
bigfan wrote:

You fish? Really?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:41 am 

Spaulding wrote:
bigfan wrote:

You fish? Really?

He won't leave the city limits unless it's on a plane to Vegas.

You tell us.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:47 am 

He's mentioned going to Wisconsin quite a few times. So he's just missing that step in between, like the underpants gnomes.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:48 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
He's mentioned going to Wisconsin quite a few times. So he's just missing that step in between, like the underpants gnomes.

Oh yeah that's right.

He may possibly be fishing for musky at one of the indoor water parks.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:49 am 

That explains why he thought he needed new lures.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:54 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Curious Hair wrote:

Please, he's with the monied illinoisians on multi thousand dollar toys that think they fish.