It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:01 pm 

Well, I'm still taking my business to a rival firm.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

is that a chain?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
City of Fools wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

is that a chain?

Are you're interested in tugging BR's?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:05 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Thats fine. We'll just buy whatever company you go to.

You're never getting rid of me, Rick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Ive spoken my peace. I made my case and I was right. It's been resolved.

DB made amends via pm. I cant really go into much more detail, legally.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
rogers park bryan wrote:

Fine.

He has no honor. This will not stop.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:11 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Get me free Sox tickets.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:17 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Get me free Sox tickets.

We have seats for the other team

One of our brokers used to have the four front row seats that are visible behind left handed batters at the Cell. He gave them away at least half the time. It was fun to see people i know trying to not look drunk on tv. That was lost with the destruction of the trading floor :(

But I can get you free tickets, still. I got a couple guys.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:21 pm 

Whenever I ask for free Sox tickets I get the "Are you sure you don't want Cubs tickets?".

Seems like Sox tickets don't impress people very much.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:22 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Fine.

Good luck.

The Crew is stronger than ever.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
rogers park bryan wrote:

One of our brokers used to have the four front row seats that are visible behind left handed batters at the Cell. He gave them away at least half the time. It was fun to see people i know trying to not look drunk on tv. That was lost with the destruction of the trading floor :(

i used to work at a place in Bolingbrook and their main plant is on Pershing right near the expressway....they had 4 seats too and i used to ask for tickets all the time, they told me i could probably have some for a weeknight game that wasn't Yankees/Cubs/etc.

anyways, it was one of those seats where you get waitress service...the aisles by the concessions were carpeted...the concession stands had different stuff. it was like stepping into a forbidden world

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:35 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Whenever I ask for free Sox tickets I get the "Are you sure you don't want Cubs tickets?".

Seems like Sox tickets don't impress people very much.

Well, one is a tourist attraction and one is a baseball park.

When we get Sox tix for customers they are always like "Yeah, that was a really nice park, great time" in a surprised voice.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:38 pm 

Bagels wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

i used to work at a place in Bolingbrook and their main plant is on Pershing right near the expressway....they had 4 seats too and i used to ask for tickets all the time, they told me i could probably have some for a weeknight game that wasn't Yankees/Cubs/etc.

anyways, it was one of those seats where you get waitress service...the aisles by the concessions were carpeted...the concession stands had different stuff. it was like stepping into a forbidden world

yeah, Its almost uncomfortable. My mom used to get skybox tix for her company and its just not like being at a game.

Maybe Jorr and the dont go to games fans can agree on skyboxes! Best of both worlds

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:45 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Fine.

Good luck.

The Crew is stronger than ever.

Which "Crew?" The Crew that was skullfucked to death by BigFan or the other Crew that was skullfucked by BigFan?

A brief survey of the landscape shows me that things aren't all that strong....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

I know Spiegel acted thrilled that Goff was his partner during yesterday's tranny. Of course he was gonna do that. I don't think he had a say in this, though. I think we all know if he did, he would have picked Rozner.

But we all how he gets all highbrow and offended with Bernstein during tranny.

Spiegel knows what just happened to him. His worst nightmare. His new partner is the "Black Bernstein".

Spiegel: :shock: :cry:

Goff: :lol:

Bernstein: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:08 pm 

Wasn't Mac getting the opportunity to yak again with Boers the whole point of reintroducing tranny? Why do it anymore? Spiegel hates Beerstain. Dan views himself as smarter than Spiegs. Goff probably secretly hates Beerstain. Beerstain is paternalistic towards Goff unless Goff can validate Dan's opinions on Black culture. Terry isn't even online or in sync with the conversation. Just cut it. It sucks and any so-called fights between Dan and Spiegs are just two domesticated men slapping at each other's twats.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:46 pm 

Great hire! I'll be listening at times during middays again. Can't really stand Speigel much, but I like Goff enough to give it a shot.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

A weird thing about that transition yesterday.

Goff said that the only thing that got him through the firing in Atlanta was Terry Boers' weekly love e mails to him. Cracked me up when he said that. Now, of course, this is Goff. He's the exaggeration type. Or bullshitter. How every you want to say it. He makes things more dramatic and sentimental than they actually are when he's talking on a microphone. Even Boers was uncomfortable with the way he said it. :lol: I mean think about what he said. He's got a girlfriend and an actual family. Yet Terry Boers was the only person that got him through the tough times? :roll:

Still, just that picture of Terry sitting typing the e mail to Goff should crack everybody up.

Terry: My beloved Jason Goff, not a day goes by where I don't think of you. I have come close to leaving the wife and heading to Atlanta on several occasions. Alas, I wait for the day you return to Chicago. Until then, I shall weep daily. Stay strong. All will work out. Yours forever, The diddler.

Goff: :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Zizou wrote:
Wasn't Mac getting the opportunity to yak again with Boers the whole point of reintroducing tranny? Why do it anymore? Spiegel hates Beerstain. Dan views himself as smarter than Spiegs. Goff probably secretly hates Beerstain. Beerstain is paternalistic towards Goff unless Goff can validate Dan's opinions on Black culture. Terry isn't even online or in sync with the conversation. Just cut it. It sucks and any so-called fights between Dan and Spiegs are just two domesticated men slapping at each other's twats.

You have a point, here. If multiple parties either hate it or don't give a shit about it, I don't see why they bother.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Reared on the Score wrote:
Zizou wrote:

You have a point, here. If multiple parties either hate it or don't give a shit about it, I don't see why they bother.

get A PPM AND DONT LISTEN then... otherwise most people like the bit so they will keep doing it

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:44 pm 

billypootons wrote:
Zizou wrote:

get A PPM AND DONT LISTEN then... otherwise most people like the bit so they will keep doing it

I do listen to transition, via podcast, though when it sucks it makes me feel bad. When I read it's a Spiegel sigh-fest I don't bother. If it's gonna continue to suck then sure, I probably won't listen.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:03 pm 

billypootons wrote:
Zizou wrote:

The drop transition thing has been suggested by many on this board. I think its popularity is waning

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:51 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Transition can be good again but needs to change. Instead of how it was in the old days it was some lame how ya doin. Then in the second half of it Bernsie took over to push his main topic of the day he would berate us with. For all the bad people say about Spiegs he is as opposite as you can get from Bernsie and tries hard to counter/confront. I respect that about him. If Goff joins in and/or makes his own battles it is better for tranny, the station and us.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:18 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
I think tranny can be good with Goff. He'll challenge Danny.

Danny: X is Y

Goff: No, Y is X

Danny: You are wrong and I will talk over you

Goff: I'm not a producer anymore. I have my own show now, bitch. You best check yourself before you speak for the brothers out there. Just 'cuz you listened to Public Enemy while you were at Duke doesn't make you a brother, bitch.

Danny: :shock: But, I thought we were cool?!?!?

Goff: You said your job isn't to help others succeed in this business. The chickens have come home to roost. I have a contract, bitch.

Danny: :shock:

Terry: Hey, Jason, remember when I sent you all those emails?

Goff: Yeah Terry, we're cool.

Terry: 8)

Danny: :x Now west side Mike won't like me.

Goff: You reap what you sow, bitch

West Side Mike: Dan Bernstein is hot garbage!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:07 am 

Q.Bovifs wrote:

Douchebag is like the cardboard-sign-wielding homeless guy in the middle of the intersection who has plastic bags hanging off of his garbage-picked bike.

You go on wit dat flower-sellin' racket, Bro.

President Douchebag is what you mean right.

Anyone who held the office should be addressed properly

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:14 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Zizou wrote:

...that's for balotelli's penalty btw, not your post =P

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:17 am 

Q.Bovifs wrote:
The Crew is dead.

Douchebag is like the cardboard-sign-wielding homeless guy in the middle of the intersection who has plastic bags hanging off of his garbage-picked bike.

You go on wit dat flower-sellin' racket, Bro.

That's exactly right.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:21 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Dallas Winston wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
Bernstein with the shot at Mac. What a prick.

What did the turd say?

This would be my pick if I ruled the world. The fatal flaw is of course Spiegel.

Question for the more learned NBA peeps here. Jason talks like he is an NBA expert. Is is my naivety, or does he not know all that much?

the poster Reared on the Score used to frequently take Jason to task about his NBA opinions.

I think Goff has some silly-ass NBA opinions sometimes (from the Carmelo MF'ing Anthony stuff to the downright icky 'light skinned toughness' bit) but he at least follows and enjoys the league. He can fall into the B&B laziness trap of saying stuff doesn't matter because they don't want to cover it, but he's not as bad.

I think any 'expert' mocking is more back when he was on the CBSLocal Bulls 'beat' for a while and they brought him in as a guest in lieu of a more proper one. Or when he tried to report on 2010 free agency. You'd think as a regular host there's less need to even pretend you're an expert.

I think it's a good day for NBA fans when it comes to Score-listenin'. In the years since his departure he's been doing an NBA-only show, so you'd think he's improved, too.

So Goff at transition figured this hot take: there's no geniuses, and Gregg Popovich is overrated. Dude made an adjustment ONCE, when Duncan told him he needed rest. And even then it was merely a single championship won by hot shooting.

So yeah he still has awful NBA opinions, oh well!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8