It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ask Goff
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

One time, Goffer. Then you can go back to being "Too cool" for us and only talking to your non-blocked twitter people. We were writing about you when you were a lowly producer. Long before Feder or Larz would write about you. You shouldn't forget that. Don't big time us now that you made it. That would be bad optics.

Congrats, by the way.

1. What were the loop holes Zimmerman had to go through to get approval from NY corporate to get you back at a CBS owned radio station?

2. It's the elephant in the room. You think drinky is happy, jealous, resentful or all of that you got a SCORE show before him?

Last edited by Beardown on Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Ask Goff
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:39 pm 

Couldnt get Drinky to respond to you anymore so you moved on to Goff :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:

How can I get you to not respond to me? Don't ruin my thread. Goff questions only, please? Make a new thread for hating me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:45 pm 

Beardown wrote:
RFDC wrote:

How can I get you to not respond to me? Don't ruin my thread. Goff questions only, please? Make a new thread for hating me.

The next time you get one of these guys to respond to you i will consider not responding to you :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
RFDC wrote:

He's always balanced his two loves.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:54 pm 

Goff, when Beardown was dissing you all over the map, long after you went from a bitch-slapping concern about Beardown, Chicago radio, and Beardown's vision of Chicago but before you considered stomping him a new mudhole (while on Sirius) did you want to outsource the work to CSFMB eligible members but held back because they may want to keep the girl chained to the furnace in exchange for proper compensation (a shout out when you're back on the air) but we're afraid they would want to meet you in person(depending upon side of town) either at Chicago & Division or 35th & Stony Island?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

3. One year deal with an option. I know you're happy to get a show at the Score. You would have taken a 6 month deal. Are you a little offended that Zim is only giving you a one year deal? Are you thinking they're just buying time? You feel the pressure to be top 5 in the male demo or you're out without getting the chance to establish the show? You think that's fair?

4. How are you gonna overcome your hate for Spiegel to make the show work? When will you break? How long can you fake it?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:35 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
when DAAAAMAAANEEELLLLL called you the #1 chicago sports talk host of the year 2020, did you take it as an insult or a compliment?

have you ever smoked one with laurence? has anyone?

fuck/marry/kill: drinky, peggy kuczinski, spmack

i won't ask about what happened in hotlanta, but i do have to ask: how much money do bernstein's kids get from "uncle jay" in their cards come holiday time? we're talking 3 figures, right?

if you could choose one word to describe atlanta what would it be?

who's more popular in atlanta today: you or general sherman?

one more about atlanta: why do DL brothers love atlanta so much?

seeing as you're presumably-leaving/already-left siriuxXM and you can now pull a finfer and make the frontpage of deadspin by "kicking that real", tell us: what did you REALLY think about the anthony cumia fiasco last summer? should they have fired him? was he truly being racist or just being an asshole?

if you got to visit the siriusXM studios in manhattan, is it true that howard stern's studios are way off in some seperate area where the rank and file don't come in contact with him and his people?

who's the better DJ: braxton holmes or ryan tannehill?

what's more depressing: having to watch atlanta braves baseball everyday or having to live through chicago winter weather?

and finally..... after DAAAAMAAAANEEEELLLLLLLgate up here and your no-doubt-coincidental exodus to your "radio college" year in atlanta, how much did you laugh when you found out your first new radio partner in this new city was also called "mac"? =D

----

hey deep woods goff, one more thing.... this is prolly me being woozy from all that ether i was pounding this morning, but i want you to know that every person i've met from this board at an IRL meetup to a man says you're good people. i don't doubt that and i've never had anything personal against you, only that i found it goofy that i'm trying to watch bears practice down in bourbonnais in 2009 and i get tapped on my shoudler from behind and i turn around and it's your big goofy mug lookin at me givin me the "...sup?" nod before walking away. and you did this shit 2-3 times..... that shit's goofy as hell dude... what the fuck am i supposed to think is going on here? is this how you catch a trip to the DL like daryle ward? idk what the fuck you're up on so thats why i went and got you that damn freestyle CD from teh car... i thought you were a fan or something. what the fuck do i know? you're just some dude from the radio who i know of but dont know from a damn hole in the ground and you're all up in my personal space requesting my attention multiple times to do nothing but nod and seemingly acknowledge me and then walk away.... ok then.

from there we had goofy internet beef but whatever.... man i love talking shit on the internet and i'm approaching my 20 year anniversary of doing it. technically i've been talking shit on computer messageboards for 21-22 years because i not only called dialup bbses, i fucking ran one too. so the fact i'll occasionally spend 10-20mins sitting down and telling you to fuck off doesn't mean that i've carved your name in my body in "that special place" or that i'm trying to get to you through your damn sister.... it just means you're a goofy motherfucker in a position of status who i enjoy flipping off. this is business it ain't personal but you're a goofy motherfucker dude... think it's a coincidence your own damn name is one letter away from literally being GOOF?

that said go out and knock 'em dead jay. don't be dan blackstein, hell don't even be @jason1goff.... remember that much like the good inside of darth vader somewhere deep down inside of you exists the remnants of "jason from evanston" --- you know, one of us.. a member of the great unwashed! a mouthbreathing dope who calls up so dan can tell us how wrong he is and what the optics are and you know what? just agree with dan and you'll look really smart!!

i'm tellin you man,. ppl here are on your e-nuts at like 50%-camps levels (which is alarmingly high) just because you offer us a glimmer of hope in an otherwise bleak and dreary chicago sports talk radio situation. we aint seen shit like this since the days when mariotti used to have a radio show (but even back then b&b was our outpost before the rise of FOTS) so now we all hate-listen and shitpost/bitchpost about bernstein because there's nothing else for us to do... i mean a solid 80% of us were diehard b&b guys but then the show got important when dan saw the optics of the real world and decided that he no longer wondered "gee, what would it be like to be michael jordan?" but instead started to wonder "gee,. what would it be like to be michael jordan's boss?"

if you can avoid those fishhooks and dragnets.... shit, at least relative to however big chicago sports talk can be in this city... you have a legit shot to own this town if you do it right. so don't fuck it up dude.... cuz as you know man, if you do fuck it up... here in chicago THE RENT IS TOO DAMN HIGH!!!!! and trust me on this one, aint nobody wanna be in those homeless shelters cuz then you'd run into the other guy in score history who grew up a little scorehead and dreamed of joining the score cuz he loved it so much but then things went horribly wrong and now we presume him missing/dead/homeless/otherwise-vamoosed, and of course i'm tallking about producer cy.

don't be producer cy. be jason from evanston and you'll be rated AG for all good. #realtalk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:37 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Beardown wrote:
One time, Goffer. Then you can go back to being "Too cool" for us and only talking to your non-blocked twitter people. We were writing about you when you were a lowly producer. Long before Feder or Larz would write about you. You shouldn't forget that. Don't big time us now that you made it. That would be bad optics.

Congrats, by the way.

1. What were the loop holes Zimmerman had to go through to get approval from NY corporate to get you back at a CBS owned radio station?

2. It's the elephant in the room. You think drinky is happy, jealous, resentful or all of that you got a SCORE show before him?

Beardown, if you really want a response from anyone, may I suggest you dont start with an insult?

Sini, BREVITY!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:07 am 

Must be some good ether, Sini. Jason, you are at the threshold of something that can be tremendous. My sincere request is that you remember who you are, where you came from, and most importantly the listeners (and yes, some board posters) that ultimately make you what you are. I want you to think about others who've gone before you like Mariotti, North, and Bernstein and to not forget their fate. At one time they either ruled or were poised to rule the Chicago sports landscape. Jay Mariotti was last being pimped out doing podcasts for a Florida sports network, current whereabouts unknown. Mike North still lives in Chicago but too many have already forgotten him and rarely ask about him. Had North been able to work in a studio with a partner he might still be talking, but by himself few want to listen.

I mention one other name because he was once poised to be The Man but somewhere along the way he too fell in love with himself. This board has many members that once openly enjoyed his show but find themselves turning away with a growing frequency. Chicago, no America, has no need for any more Bernstein clones. I remember one of your early Atlanta shows and you were full on channeling Bernstein, you were a novelty at the time so that shit flew for a while. In the long run its not an act that wins friends and without a sock puppet for a co-host the veneer of credibility wears fast. Some may say you're from the Bernstein radio tree, I'm hoping that you aren't. The "listen to me and you'll be smarter" tag line is one right up there with "organizations win championships." Assinine.

Monday we all will be listening, and hoping that you bring what has been missing from mid-days for a long time. Best of Luck!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:38 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Beardown wrote:

Congrats, by the way.

There were none.

drinky is happy for him

Move on to the next thread

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:15 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Jason, do you wish there was a way to where if you set a poster on your ignore list you'd also not see the threads they started?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:44 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Beardown wrote:
RFDC wrote:

How can I get you to not respond to me?

:lol:

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

bigfan wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Congrats, by the way.

Beardown, if you really want a response from anyone, may I suggest you dont start with an insult?

Sini, BREVITY!!!!

Where's the insult? The tough questions? He can answer "What's your favorite color" on twitter. Score guys don't shy away from insults of athletes. Once again, I don't think my questions were insults. I even congratulated him. Unlike drinky.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:59 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Goff, how many restraining orders do you have against board members? I can think of two, at minimum. Thanks, I'll log off and read your answer.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:59 am 

goff and speigel show. lets keep things straight guys

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:56 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Jason:

In a MMA match with Ike and redskingreg, who would you wager on?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
Have you found an apartment yet? I've heard there are some good deals around Chicago and Division.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Dave In Champaign wrote:
Have you found an apartment yet? I've heard there are some good deals around Chicago and Division.

I love this because while 35th and Stony Island puts you in the middle of the lake, which is funny, the mental picture here requires an apocalyptic bending of time and space.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:49 am 
1000 CLUB

I guess if you cant make it in Atlanta, you can make in Chicago. Good job.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:35 am 

Jason: Shaved or Amazon?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

5. Since you're no longer Bernstein's producer, will you now be unafraid to challenge him in transition? In particular when it's a "race thing". Like when he's telling black people what to think or how to act. We all know that you had to bite your tongue in the past. Nobody is holding that against you. But when that moment arises, will you "Wang-Whip" your former boss? And not back down when he tries to belittle you. That's the key. Challenging is one thing. But most Score people back down when be barks back.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Beardown wrote:
5. Since you're no longer Bernstein's producer, will you now be unafraid to challenge him in transition? In particular when it's a "race thing". Like when he's telling black people what to think or how to act. We all know that you had to bite your tongue in the past. Nobody is holding that against you. But when that moment arises, will you "Wang-Whip" your former boss? And not back down when he tries to belittle you. That's the key. Challenging is one thing. But most Score people back down when be barks back.

That's a fantastic question, Beardown.

But I don't think that Goff raises his voice in anger after coming off of two, count 'em, two firings. One at the hands of Mac and the other at the hands of CBS and poor ratings.

He's gonna play it cool until whatever probation he is on is over.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
SomeGuy wrote:
Beardown wrote:

That's a fantastic question, Beardown.

But I don't think that Goff raises his voice in anger after coming off of two, count 'em, two firings. One at the hands of Mac and the other at the hands of CBS and poor ratings.

He's gonna play it cool until whatever probation he is on is over.

When I posed that question to him on Twitter he told me to scram. So I'm going to say no, he won't be confronting either of those dopes on their racism.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.