It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: JOHNNY B
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
CHICAGO and NEW YORK, February 26, 2015 – Westwood One today announced it has signed a partnership and syndication deal with popular Chicago radio personality Jonathon “Johnny B” Brandmeier that will bring his incomparable brand of talk radio back to Chicago and to listeners nationwide in March, 2015. The Jonathon Brandmeier Show will air live weekdays from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm ET on stations around the country, including WLS-AM Chicago, KABC-AM Los Angeles, KLIF-AM Dallas, KKAT-AM, Salt Lake City, WPRV-AM Providence, KTBL-AM Albuquerque, and many more.

Post subject: Re: JOHNNY B
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
No more Rush on WLS? Brandmeier on 9 am - Noon Chicago time. Kass & Cohn? Big time schedule shake up at WLS?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Whoa, that's big. I don't know whether they can get out of the Rush contract, though. I know Cumulus wanted to for a while and had talked about replacing him with Geraldo or Huckabee, I forget which. They need to lose Rush. Conservative talk radio is a dying star, especially here. 1.1, my friends, 1.1.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:26 pm 

Current WLS lineup...

12:00 a.m. - 4:00 a.m. - Red Eye Radio
4:00 a.m. - 5:00 a.m. - First Light with Dirk Van
5:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. - "Big" John Howell
9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. - John Kass and Lauren Cohn
11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. - Rush Limbaugh
2:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. - Steve Dahl
6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. - Michael Savage
9:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m. - Mark Levin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:28 pm 

Will Johnny be doing the show out of 890's studios?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:31 pm 

From Feder...

Culminating a day of Chicago radio bombshells, Cumulus Media has signed Chicago radio veteran Jonathon Brandmeier to a partnership agreement that will bring his show to WLS AM 890 and syndicate it nationally, the company announced Thursday.

“The Jonathon Brandmeier Show” will air from 9 to 11 a.m. Monday through Friday on the Cumulus Media news/talk station, starting sometime in March. It will replace John Kass and Lauren Cohn, whose final show aired on WLS Thursday.

Brandmeier’s show will be syndicated nationally by Westwood One, the distribution unit of Cumulus Media. It will replace Dennis Miller, who announced his retirement from radio.

“This is extremely exciting for all of us at ‘The Jonathon Brandmeier Show,’” Brandmeier said in a statement. “We look forward to continuing to entertain audiences in Chicago and expanding our reach nationwide. Fasten your seat belts, it’s going to be a wild ride!”

Word of Brandmeier’s deal comes hours after it was reported that he had turned down an offer to host mornings on WJMK FM 104.3, the CBS Radio classic hits station known as K-Hits. Sources described it as a “content partnership deal” that would have included revenue-sharing tied to Brandmeier’s digital platform.

Brandmeier, 58, has been off the air since December when his morning show was dropped by Tribune Media, which carried him on an Internet outlet at WGN.fm and a low-power sports/talk station at 87.7 FM.

John Dickey, executive vice president of content and programming for Cumulus Media, said in a statement: “Jonathon is one of the most versatile performers in radio today, and we know audiences will enjoy his lively humor and take on each day’s topics. We’re thrilled to add Johnny B to the Westwood One roster of relevant and relatable talk programming.”

Here is the text of a statement from Cumulus Media:

Jonathon “Johnny B” Brandmeier is bringing his incomparable brand of talk radio back to the Chicago airwaves on 89 WLS starting in March, 2015. The Jonathon Brandmeier Show will air locally 9:00-11:00 CT. Westwood One, the national facing arm of Cumulus, has signed a partnership with Brandmeier and will syndicate the show nationally.

Chicago radio listeners are extremely familiar with the popular Brandmeier, whose show generates a legion of devoted fans. The Jonathon Brandmeier Show is an entertaining, offbeat look at news, pop culture, and sports–from the big trending topics to the stories about to fall through the cracks–combined with celebrity interviews and free-wheeling audience interaction. The topical conversations seamlessly gel into dynamic and unpredictable radio. Brandmeier has amassed an army of awards and accolades that cement his powerful industry reputation, including multiple Billboard Magazine Radio Personality Awards, TALKERS “100 Most Important Radio Hosts in America,” and Gavin Report’s “Air Personality of the Year.”

Please note that this will replace The Dennis Miller Show, which will be going off the air on March 27th. Dennis is retiring from radio, adding: “It’s been a great run, but with so many other commitments, it’s hard to maintain a daily talk show. It’s time to pass the torch; I wish Johnny B lots of luck.”

Here is an email Brandmeier sent to fans Thursday:

“WHAT did I say?!” Nothing is over until we decide it is.

We’ve got some news for you about our new radio homes. Yes, homes – it’s plural.

It’s been a crazy few months, trying to figure out the next move. There were options we were seriously considering, but life (or Baby Jesus and Hanky) had another plan:

We’re still “living in the future” – we’ll be expanding our digital platforms and the show will be available online – stay tuned for more details about where to stream, download podcasts, etc. closer to the launch.

THANK YOU all for your patience.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:48 pm 

According to Feder, Kass is gone and Lauren Cohn will get the opportunity to audition for the Big
John Howell Show 5-9.

It seems we will only get 2 hours of the 3 Brandmeier is on to make way for Rush at 11? I was just starting to get into Kass & Cohn. I cant take 4 hours of Meat & Goff. I will give Johnny B 9-11 and switch over to Grimace & Goff... without my top button buttoned.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
guy goes from a frequency that you'd lose while driving under a bridge on i-80 to national syndication

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:23 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
billypootons wrote:
guy goes from a frequency that you'd lose while driving under a bridge on i-80 to national syndication

I wondered that. How does that work? Was he just biding time with WGN.FM because they wouldn't just buy him out?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Barnaby's
Godfella wrote:
According to Feder, Kass is gone and Lauren Cohn will get the opportunity to audition for the Big
John Howell Show 5-9.

It seems we will only get 2 hours of the 3 Brandmeier is on to make way for Rush at 11? I was just starting to get into Kass & Cohn. I cant take 4 hours of Meat & Goff. I will give Johnny B 9-11 and switch over to Grimace & Goff... without my top button buttoned.

I don’t like how they’re going to cut out the final 1/3 of the Johnny B show on WLS-890. Why would I want to tune in for only 2/3 of the show and miss the last part of it?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Quote:
“The Jonathon Brandmeier Show” will air from 9 to 11 a.m. Monday through Friday on the Cumulus Media news/talk station, starting sometime in March.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Who is BIG JOHN HOWELL...and how Big is he?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:00 pm 

bigfan wrote:

When he was on 560 AM, he was losing to college radio stations, so I'd say he is not that big.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Godfella wrote:
According to Feder, Kass is gone and Lauren Cohn will get the opportunity to audition for the Big John Howell Show 5-9.

Kass is getting hit on 2 fronts. Now he will have to find quotes & story lines from people who weren't on his show.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
That's great news -- I have enjoyed his Bits of Brandmeier podcasts while he has been off the air... every now and again I hear a story that I remember listening to like 10 years ago. Hope Buzz is back with him too.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:58 am 

bigfan wrote:

He used to be Ramblin' Red Rectum's partner in mornings at US99. Then he moved to WIND to do mornings with Amy Jacobson. No one listens to WIND.

I believe the man himself is of considerable size.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:05 am 

The radio in this city is in total chaos. There is some talent but I can't keep up with where it is located. I wish it would coalesce into one spot to keep me tuned to that station.

I like Brandmeier but I don't listen to much middays.

We are getting to the point where I was with my dad when he would tell me that Wally Phillips was the person everyone listened to when he was in college.