It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: JHood
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
http://chicagoradioandmedia.com/news/72 ... -show-host

Chicago radio's Jonathan Hood will be gaining a great deal of national exposure starting next week. Hood has accepted an offer to join SiriusXM satellite radio. He will be a regular co-host of the NBA Radio channel's daily show "Above The Rim."

SiriusXM's "Above the Rim" airs each weekday morning from 9:00am-11:00am (Central). Hood will begin working on the show, as of next Monday, March 16th. He will remain based out of Chicago.

Hood will host the show with a rotating roster of co-hosts, including Malik Rose (television announcer with the Philadelphia 76ers), Mark Boyle (radio announcer with the Indiana Pacers), Joel Meyers (television announcer with the New Orleans Pelicans), and Vinny Del Negro (former Chicago Bulls Coach, currently an analyst with NBA TV).

Regarding his new job, Hood tells CRM: "I love watching the story lines of the NBA and can't wait to get started. This is truly a blessing for me."

Along with his SiriusXM duties, Hood will continue to be a regular presence at WMVP-AM/ESPN 1000, where he hosts Chicago GameNight each weeknight from 7:00pm-10:00pm (when not preempted by live sports), as well as the Chicago Bulls post-game shows.

Additionally, Hood will continue to co-host his national ESPN Radio show, "Dickerson and Hood," which is heard on Saturday nights from 6:00pm-10:00pm.

Hood (aka "J-Hood," aka "Hoody") has been working in Chicago radio since he was a college student being heard on the air at WKKC-FM. Outside of WKKC-FM, Hood started as an intern with WSCR-AM and WVON-AM in 1992. In 1994, he was hired as a producer with WSCR-AM and soon after also began doing some producing for the then-Chicago-based One on One Sports Radio Network. Along with his producing at WSCR-AM, Hood began doing some part-time and fill-in hosting, becoming a popular figure in local sports talk radio.

In 2005, Hood moved over to ESPN 1000, again in a producing and part-time host role, heard on weekends and evenings. Hood has been with ESPN Radio ever since except for a couple of months in 2009 when he was a host on the ill-fated ChicagoSportsWebio.com Internet radio station.

In January 2102, Radio Facts, an industry website that focuses primarily on Urban Radio, announced that Hood's nightime sports talk program on ESPN 1000 was the #1 show of 2011.

Along with his on-air work, Hood has been an instructor at Illinois Center for Broadcasting's Lombard campus, teaching radio broadcasting courses.

At the start of this year, Hood, along with another Chicago sports radio veteran, Jeff Dickerson, were given their own national weekend program, heard live on ESPN Radio stations (including Chicago's WMVP-AM) each Saturday night.

Between his recent ESPN Radio weekend show and his new morning duties with SiriusXM, Hood's star is rising rapidly -- not just in Chicago, but on a national level.

Post subject: Re: JHood
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
OK so he's a step or 3 behind Goff.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:43 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Radio Facts needs to get better computers.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Dont think the personality really comes out in either show that much, but it is exposure for him...forward step better than backwards

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:07 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
SomeGuy wrote:

Goff can't hold a candle to the talent of Hood.

Made a mistake when he was younger, like we all do, but has stuck with it and is now back on the rise. Awesome and good for him.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Good for J.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:10 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
yeah j-hood's always been fine with me. the dude does his thing and puts out a solid show, its just that i'm so intrinsically not punching up AM 1000 at all since the days of my old trusty radio-walkman (RIP my friend) = i never get to hear the guy.

but when i do hear him it's like "oh yeah j-hood's pretty good and i should listen more" and then i'll hear him again in a year or two and it's like 20 GOTO 10 in basic.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Caller Willie is sure to be concerned about how JHood will find the time for the ICB classes.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:02 am 

good luck to Hood

The guy has had to sit in purgatory for 10 years which is a complete travesty.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:12 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Seacrest wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:

Made a mistake when he was younger, like we all do, but has stuck with it and is now back on the rise. Awesome and good for him.

I totally agree, I was just saying the time lines and career paths match io loosely.

JHood is good at his job, paid his price for something he should have never been billed for and can hopefully take a more prominent role at ESPN and abroad.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

So the younger Goff gets the better job and the older Hood takes Goff's old job? Bet you Hood never saw that coming when he got the show with Telender and Goff was a snot nosed producer.

Also, why does Sirius ONLY hire black guys for the "NBA SHOW"? That's kind of racist.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

Just reading that article. Hood replacing Goff with rotating guest hosts, you can tell it's a show of which nobody listens. Where nobody of significance wants to host it. Probably cuz the pay is so low. It's a show where they're pretty much talking in a vacuum.

Sirius has 1000 channels. As somebody else here said, Howard gets all the money, the rest get the scraps that fall off of him.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:16 am 

Beardown wrote:
Also, why does Sirius ONLY hire black guys for the "NBA SHOW"? That's kind of racist.

Vinny Del Negro...just blatant racism

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
"thank god, a good guy finally wins" -Chester W Coppock

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
For all you J-Hood fans from way back when he did the College Football roundup shows on Saturdays.....

"All right. I'll get back to you later."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:32 am 
1000 CLUB

Seacrest wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:

This. Yeah.

Let's do it for Johnny!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:47 pm 

Jonathan Hood
27 mins · Twitter ·
"@StoneCold_Tone: just wanted to thank you for using your voice regarding ‪#‎DarrenSharper‬. Thanks, but I haven't talked about him today.
Like · Comment ·

Braxton Holmes Lol he's referring to Jason's comments, I bet...
20 mins · Like · 1

Jonathan Hood Braxton Holmes same difference right?
9 mins · Like · 1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

:lol:

At least Hood has a sense of humor about it. I think tweeps just mess with them on purpose and they're not mistaking them.

But Hood was Goff before Goff was Goff and now Herb is Goff. Got it? Good.

Wayne Larivee once called Hood Laurence. Hood didn't correct him. Just rolled with it.