It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 763 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 26  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
T-Bone wrote:
Nice work shakes. Sounds like the Mizunos are starting to pay dividends ( assuming that is what you were playing with ). Did you make a driver choice?

yep, love the Mizunos. Working with a totally new swing is taking some time, but I'm starting to see some really good shots.

Haven't had a chance to get to Golfsmith to try out drivers yet. Gonna test out the 915D(3 or 2, the one with the bigger head) as well as the G30 (gonna try the LS for low spin). Want to try both in 9.5 and 10.5. The way I'm hitting the driver now I'm really excited to try it out with a good club.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:53 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Teed off at 4:45, it was a beautiful evening to play. Started out Double Bogey, bogey and played the rest of the way in at +1. Had several good birdie chances, but never made one and bogied a stupid Par 5.

This sounds promising. It can be hard to claw back after a difficult start as you well know.

Has been a good start, and I am enjoying playing golf again. Hasn't always been that way for several years.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:27 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Teed off at 4:45, it was a beautiful evening to play. Started out Double Bogey, bogey and played the rest of the way in at +1. Had several good birdie chances, but never made one and bogied a stupid Par 5.

This sounds promising. It can be hard to claw back after a difficult start as you well know.

Has been a good start, and I am enjoying playing golf again. Hasn't always been that way for several years.

You ever play Morningstar near Waukesha? I guess it's built in a quarry or something. I have to play up there for a practice round in the next month.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:47 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

You ever play Morningstar near Waukesha? I guess it's built in a quarry or something. I have to play up there for a practice round in the next month.

Yes, but many years ago. It used to be a good course in pretty good shape.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:40 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
This morning, my wife told me that she took next Monday off, and her brother is coming over to watch the kids, so we can get our golf on. 8)

This will be my first round since my trip to Georgia at the end of October.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
My golf time is limited the next few weeks.

Who wants to play Sunday?

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:02 pm 

Furious Styles wrote:

Dammit I can't, but I want to. :(

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:03 pm 

I would love to play May 9th though, my son would probably have to play also if anyone is interested.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:06 am 

Furious Styles wrote:

Where are you thinking of playing?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:07 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
I would love to play May 9th though, my son would probably have to play also if anyone is interested.

Possibly. Depends on where you are playing.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:17 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

We would want to play in the morning and we can drive down there somewhere or wherever you would like.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:31 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

We would want to play in the morning and we can drive down there somewhere or wherever you would like.

Why don't you let me know what works best for you. I don't mind driving and we could meet somewhere in the middle if that is easier.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:33 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

Why don't you let me know what works best for you. I don't mind driving and we could meet somewhere in the middle if that is easier.

Let's figure out where we want to play and make a tee time, we can always cancel it if we want to due to weather.

Also, just told the ex about your work issue, she hadn't heard.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:39 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

The consensus at the WRX forum seems to be that Morningstar has lots of elevation changes, but the course itself could be in better shape and is very overpriced. A few people like it, but most seem to have bad things to say about it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:49 am 

shakes wrote:

The consensus at the WRX forum seems to be that Morningstar has lots of elevation changes, but the course itself could be in better shape and is very overpriced. A few people like it, but most seem to have bad things to say about it.

Yeah, Hawg says it is $72 on the weekend. I have to play a state qualifier there in early June so I may go up and check it out during the week when it is half that price.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
T-Bone wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:

Just saw this. We have a 10:24 at Maple Meadows in Wood Dale. $41.50 w/cart through Golf Now. Two spots available right now. Sunny and 58!

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:53 pm 

Furious Styles wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:

Just saw this. We have a 10:24 at Maple Meadows in Wood Dale. $41.50 w/cart through Golf Now. Two spots available right now. Sunny and 58!

Ah, I can't make it down there at that time this weekend. Enjoy the golf!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:48 am 

Heading to the range tonight to try to fix my driver problems. Still not sure if it is equipment or me. I have given up trying to have the thing dialed
down to 7.5 degrees. I talked to my buddy that I played with last weekend who knows what he is talking about and he said that the ball isn't
spinning enough and to loft the club up. I am going to try that tonight. The golf ball comes off the face like a knuckle ball and doesn't feel solid
at all. If I can't get it turned around I am going to use my driver from last year and possibly sell the club. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:09 am 

I have 7am tee times tomorrow and Sunday. Wish the weather was looking better but gotta get out there. Tomorrow I am playing the toughest course in
my rotation and I haven't played it yet this year

edit -- just noticed forecast for tomorrow morning. low 40s and rain may not lend itself to walking 18.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:18 pm 

Played 18 this morning. After a 30 minute frost delay got out. Hit the ball much better off the tee but irons were kinda all over the
place. Took a quadruple 8 after hitting a tee shot into the trees, hit a tree two more times and then finally got out and put it in a
greenside bunker. 43 on the front. Got it together on the back. Was one over going into #17 and bogeyed the last two for an 82.
By the time we finished it was 50 and sunny but pretty windy. Hoping this is the last really crappy weekend for early golf.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:36 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
Played 18 this morning. After a 30 minute frost delay got out. Hit the ball much better off the tee but irons were kinda all over the
place. Took a quadruple 8 after hitting a tee shot into the trees, hit a tree two more times and then finally got out and put it in a
greenside bunker. 43 on the front. Got it together on the back. Was one over going into #17 and bogeyed the last two for an 82.
By the time we finished it was 50 and sunny but pretty windy. Hoping this is the last really crappy weekend for early golf.

Next Saturday, they are calling for 73 and sunny.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:52 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I have a scramble tournament at Shepherds, should be fun.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:43 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

hopefully its not one of those days where its 45 in the morning and then heats up 20 degrees in the afternoon. The scramble starts at 8:00.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:50 am 

shakes wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

hopefully its not one of those days where its 45 in the morning and then heats up 20 degrees in the afternoon. The scramble starts at 8:00.

From what I see it will be mid to high 40s in the morning at worst. From what I have played in this year that will be plenty nice. It was 30 on my way to the
course yesterday.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:07 am 

Not sure how this is going to work but I think it is an interesting idea. I may have to get involved somehow. Ideally I don't think that
a public course is the best place to learn how to be a caddy but I would have to hear more about what they are thinking....

County to pilot caddie program this summer

Published 14 hours ago

A program that aims to teach local youths to be caddies will be introduced at a Kenosha County golf course this summer.

For more, check www.kenoshanews.com or see Monday's newspaper.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:27 am 

Been working on a big project at work and am hoping to have it wrapped up by Thursday so I can take the afternoon off to golf. Weather looks pretty nice that day, might
try to get in 36 if I take the whole day off.

Edit -- 7 am and 10:45 tee times. Really looking forward to Friday now. Just have to get this work wrapped up!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:14 am 

43 in the opening night of my golf league yesterday at Sportsman. Course in great shape compared to last year at this time when half the greens were ruined. They rolled great last night. Also first time all year I've seen actual rough, it was 3 inches in places. Sunk a 15 footer to save par on 1 and then sunk a 20 footer on 2 for a birdie. My new driver swing continues to be a lifesaver. Mis hit one, but had nice draws in the middle of the fairway on the other 5. The 3 par 3s killed me though, played them at 5 over. The new swing with the irons isn't going as smooth as the driver swing, but I think I just need lots of repetition and practice.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:15 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Been working on a big project at work and am hoping to have it wrapped up by Thursday so I can take the afternoon off to golf. Weather looks pretty nice that day, might

Edit -- 7 am and 10:45 tee times. Really looking forward to Friday now. Just have to get this work wrapped up!

Nice 8)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:23 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Nice 8)

It will be nice but it is a long day walking. Playing the White course second and that is a pretty long one with a few elevation changes. I hope I don't hit the wall
by around hole #4. Still better than being at work!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:25 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Nice 8)

It will be nice but it is a long day walking. Playing the White course second and that is a pretty long one with a few elevation changes. I hope I don't hit the wall
by around hole #4. Still better than being at work!

Walk the 1st round and ride the 2nd, you will be ok.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 763 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 26  Next