1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
http://www.foodfacts.info/blog/2006/10/mcrib-is-back-again.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:14 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Quote:
Hoodlum said...

Ahh, but is it McRibbed for her pleasure?

:lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:38 am 

when i started my personal mcdonald's ban, this was one of the hardest things i had to let go of. i was homer with the ribwich. i HAD to have one of these things every time they came out with it.

now i don't really care, especially because i can get a hungry man ribs dinner and get a roll...and MAKE MY OWN!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Why ban McD's, W_Z?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:59 pm 

Uga4Prez wrote:
Why ban McD's, W_Z?

i just loathe the way they advertise, how hypocritical they are and unwilling to admit what they are really selling. i started this back in late '04, actually before i watched "Super Size Me" or read "Fast Food Nation" (though when I worked at amazon.com I'd peruse it quite often).

It's not because of what it sells; I eat fast food as a treat from time to time (though it's not always...a treat) but I abhor that McDonald's continues to shove this shit down everyone's throats and then claim they don't know what people are talking about.

Back to back radio ads; television ads portraying only good looking, athletic people; new designs featuring a "coffee house" like atmosphere, to appeal to the youth even more...not to mention the programming at a young age to go to McDonald's all the time...

I call McD's today's tobacco company. I personally hate it, so I stay away from McDonald's and whatever company they have acquired. It was Chipotle and Boston Market, but I think they're both independent again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:06 pm 

Zack, how is McDonald's different than ANY other fast food restuarant?? They are just bigger. Do you ever see a non stylish over weight person in ANY commercial except Nuti System?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I'm waiting for March for the Shamrock milkshakes. A few years ago they had a promotional raspberry one. I wish they'd bring that back.

Last edited by Spaulding on Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:11 pm 

HappyHour Jason wrote:
Zack, how is McDonald's different than ANY other fast food restuarant?? They are just bigger. Do you ever see a non stylish over weight person in ANY commercial except Nuti System?

i should have included this in my first post because right after i posted it, i knew i missed something i wanted to say.

i understand that ALL commercials are set up to SELL.

what in my opinion separates mcdonald's from the others is the WAY they advertise this way...their characters seem to have mcdonald's as part of their regular diet, and still look healthy, hot, athletic, etc.

there was one in particular that got me, where a guy keeps adding change to a bucket or something, and it fills up and fills up and fills up...nothing changes about him, and that change that builds up...is in order to buy more mcdonald's.

most fast food restaurants are selling a product; mcdonald's seems to be selling a lifestyle. that's the difference for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
Mmmm...McRib. This guy must have had one three seconds prior:

http://score670.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=16110

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:28 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
I'm waiting for March for the Shamroc milkshakes.

Fuck, how I love Shamrock shakes. But to the topic at hand, I must say that I have always been amazed that people willingly put a McRib sandwich in their mouths.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:38 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
MattInTheCrown wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
I'm waiting for March for the Shamroc milkshakes.

Fuck, how I love Shamrock shakes. But to the topic at hand, I must say that I have always been amazed that people willingly put a McRib sandwich in their mouths.

McRib is the tastiest menu item McDonalds has ever produced.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:40 pm 

W_Z wrote:
HappyHour Jason wrote:

i should have included this in my first post because right after i posted it, i knew i missed something i wanted to say.

what in my opinion separates mcdonald's from the others is the WAY they advertise this way...their characters seem to have mcdonald's as part of their regular diet, and still look healthy, hot, athletic, etc.

there was one in particular that got me, where a guy keeps adding change to a bucket or something, and it fills up and fills up and fills up...nothing changes about him, and that change that builds up...is in order to buy more mcdonald's.

most fast food restaurants are selling a product; mcdonald's seems to be selling a lifestyle. that's the difference for me.

You take issue with them selling a lifestyle but not the beer companies and them pushing the image that all some dope has to do to get a nice-looking girlfriend is drink bud light at the opera?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:02 pm 

a retard wrote:
W_Z wrote:
HappyHour Jason wrote:

You take issue with them selling a lifestyle but not the beer companies and them pushing the image that all some dope has to do to get a nice-looking girlfriend is drink bud light at the opera?

You mean that doesn't work?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:27 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
As an opera-goer and, er, man, that commercial pisses me off immeasurably more than any McDonalds commercial that didn't send someone into my house and kick me in the balls ever could. It's just another example of "Advertising Man", who is criminally stupid and can't focus on any non-sports or non-tits based activity for more than 5 seconds without needing to toss back a few and/or be extremely negligent in the process of doing it. It reminds me of those daredevil commercials that used to be on for Bud light (I believe), where some douchebag would be like, "I'm going to stay after work for 2 extra minutes" or "I'm going to go shopping with my girlfriend", both of which are so excrusiating they can only be remedied with crappy beer, apparantly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:31 pm 

You know, I have never had a McRib sandwich...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Baracco's
HappyHour Jason wrote:

Let's do a CSFMB McRib outing to the McDonald's by Chicago and State.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:57 pm 

Can we request that they play Cheryl Crow? I think it's too cold out for roller blades and cut offs...
Oh wait, an event that doesn't have alcohol? I'm busy that day....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Coach Crapowski wrote:
HappyHour Jason wrote:

Let's do a CSFMB McRib outing to the McDonald's by Chicago and State.

Nah I pass, I heard that place is shitty...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:51 pm 

a retard wrote:

i don't drink bud light for many reasons. but i hate most beer ads too. guys always look like scumbags, girls are always cookie cutter hot. lame. some are clever and funny, but i never said beer companies don't sell images like that.

nobody brought up beer companies in this thread till you did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:00 pm 

The same could be said for most companies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:11 pm 

Spaulding wrote:

except most companies don't have a building every square mile, plus radio & tv ads every commercial break. i realize that's because mcdonald's has the money to do that...but they're more ubiquitous than any other company besides starbucks--except starbucks doesn't advertise as much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:22 pm 

No need to explain. I feel the same way about Walgreens and Walmart. I must not like Wals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:33 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
No need to explain. I feel the same way about Walgreens and Walmart. I must not like Wals.

yeah...walgreens...where the hell did those come from. growing up i only saw them when we'd go to chalmette, louisiana to visit my family. now they're EVERYWHERE.

walmart sucks...the sad part is i think a lot of people know that and STILL shop there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:37 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
W_Z wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

yeah...walgreens...where the hell did those come from. growing up i only saw them when we'd go to chalmette, louisiana to visit my family. now they're EVERYWHERE.

walmart sucks...the sad part is i think a lot of people know that and STILL shop there.

I don't have a huge problem with Walmart, but I don't shop there for purely aesthetic reasons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:49 am 

W_Z wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

except most companies don't have a building every square mile, plus radio & tv ads every commercial break. i realize that's because mcdonald's has the money to do that...but they're more ubiquitous than any other company besides starbucks--except starbucks doesn't advertise as much.

Same thought here as with the Exxon-bashing that went on a few months ago. Rather than complaining about successful companies, doesn't it make more sense to just buy their stock and then sit back and let their success make you money?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:04 am 

a retard wrote:
Rather than complaining about successful companies, doesn't it make more sense to just buy their stock and then sit back and let their success make you money?

hehe. well... i think i'd rather make my own money even if it's not that much...than get it from companies like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:59 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
hmmm...
I love Walmart...just hate the fact that there is one decent store for every 20. most look like a bomb went off inside. check out the walmart at 103rd and Harlem for an example. except up here...up here they are pretty nice. Sam's Club Rules!
Walgreens is where i get my drugs.
McD's is where i get the McRib....and where i want to eat something that makes me feel like ass aftewards.
Budweiser just tastes horrible and gives me a headache after one beer....though I used to drink it all the time in college.
Enron is part of the reason I didn't get a raise for 18 months back in 2000-2001. they can go fuck themselves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:27 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
I'm waiting for March for the Shamrock milkshakes.

Same here. Shamrock shakes and Chicken McNuggets (mmmm....proscessed chicken breasts) are my favorite things from McD's. They also used to have bratwurst during football season, which was pretty good, but I guess it never took off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:26 pm 

Uga4Prez wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

Same here. Shamrock shakes and Chicken McNuggets (mmmm....proscessed chicken breasts) are my favorite things from McD's. They also used to have bratwurst during football season, which was pretty good, but I guess it never took off.

For as much fast food asw I eat I haven't had a Shamrock Shake either.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:39 pm 

HappyHour Jason wrote:
Uga4Prez wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

For as much fast food asw I eat I haven't had a Shamrock Shake either.....

Never? They've been around forever! They're the best part of the St. Patty's Day season.