It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 763 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 26  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:55 am 

Did not play well in the outing on Friday as we only shot 1 under. Really didn't have a lot of help, but I should have played better. I am thinking all of the beers I had on the course did not help one bit.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:07 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Hawg Ass wrote:
Did not play well in the outing on Friday as we only shot 1 under. Really didn't have a lot of help, but I should have played better. I am thinking all of the beers I had on the course did not help one bit.

:eye: Hopefully you had fun at least. Where was it held at?

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:10 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

:eye: Hopefully you had fun at least. Where was it held at?

Scenic View in Slinger

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 6:31 pm 

The sun came out at 3:30 so I rushed over to the local course figuring it was empty since it rained all day. Leagues started at 4 so they let me out on the back just ahead of them. Very wet and pretty windy but a short course. I got around in an hour and hit it well -1 (33). Made some nice clutch putts and was hitting greens. I'd like to get out during the week once in a while but this course has leagues M-Th so I'd really have to hustle.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 7:03 am 

It appears that I will be playing Erin Hills with my dad likely shortly after my wedding while they are here visiting. That should be pretty cool and a nice memory to have
since he has the health issues.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 8:07 am 

T-Bone wrote:
It appears that I will be playing Erin Hills with my dad likely shortly after my wedding while they are here visiting. That should be pretty cool and a nice memory to have

Awesome, can't wait to hear what you think.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 8:20 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I'm pretty pumped. I played it about 6 years ago I think but it has been redone since then. My dream is to qualify for the State Am this year which is being played there.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 8:22 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I'm pretty pumped. I played it about 6 years ago I think but it has been redone since then. My dream is to qualify for the State Am this year which is being played there.

They just had a huge high school tournament there last Saturday. Didn't Steve play with us at Washington County? If so, his son shot 73.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 8:27 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

They just had a huge high school tournament there last Saturday. Didn't Steve play with us at Washington County? If so, his son shot 73.

Very nice. I saw that in the paper. Couple of kids under par.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 7:36 am 

Taking the afternoon off to go play golf. A little cool out there but shouldn't be too bad.

Edit: 71 with a bogey on the last hole. Hit the ball great and hit 12 greens but only two birdies. Missed a lot of make able ones including one from 4 feet.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 7:06 am 

Playing kind of a unique event tomorrow if the weather clears out in the morning. 2 man tournament in which the format is 6 holes scramble, 6 holes alternate shot and
6 holes best ball. Should be interesting to see how the scoring comes out on this one. Looks like thunderstorms early and it is an 8am shotgun start.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Not looking good for today, but I did manage to get in a couple rounds friday and saturday. Played last week twice and didn't play well, 93 at Harborside and 89 at Big Run. Was determined to do better this week. Don't laugh, but thursday night I had a 20 minute practice session in my head while taking a shower. Thought about what I needed to do for every type of swing in great detail. Next day got to Oak Brook course early and had my first range session of the year. Then went out and hit 13/14 fairways off the tee. Didn't putt well, but I'm happy with the 82 I shot. especially since I was playing with 3 buddies who shot a combined 310 on the day. Tons of trash talking and mind games going on, I never play well with these guys so happy to finally do so.

Yesterday went out as a single to Schaumburg. Struggled with the back to back and the driver was about 20 yards shorter than friday and not as accurate. Only hit 7/14 fairways. But damn the putter was on fire. Only 1 three putt vs 7 one putts. had two birdies totalling over 50 feet. Managed to shoot an 80 despite the ball striking being worse than the day before.

As well as I played I'm left wondering how good my score would be if I ever combine the ball striking from Friday with the putting from Saturday.

Looking forward to next week and the frist trip of the year to Green Lake. Hoping for two rounds at Lawsonia.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 7:06 am 

Won that 2 man mixed format tournament with my friend on Saturday. We shot 69 which was better than I thought we would have done and
even left 2 or 3 out there that we should have capitalized on.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:28 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
I played horrendously for the first 5 holes on Friday, but managed to card a 90. Nice to see quite a few golfers here on the site.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Cicero Dave wrote:
I played horrendously for the first 5 holes on Friday, but managed to card a 90. Nice to see quite a few golfers here on the site.

Welcome to the board, always great to have another golfer here.

Where did you play Friday?

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 9:55 am 

I'm kind of all over for work, so I played Odyssey in Tinley. Nice place, I just stared horrible. Double, double, triple, quadruple, then pulled my head from my kiester and started playing better. Was happy to card 90 after that dreadful start.

Lurked for a while...any golf outings as a board here?

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 10:02 am 

Cicero Dave wrote:
I'm kind of all over for work, so I played Odyssey in Tinley. Nice place, I just stared horrible. Double, double, triple, quadruple, then pulled my head from my kiester and started playing better. Was happy to card 90 after that dreadful start.

Lurked for a while...any golf outings as a board here?

Dave, we've had a couple of golf get togethers. It can be difficult to find a date and location that works for everyone. The golfing members of the board are
pretty spread out across the greater Chicago area and into Wisconsin and Indiana. As far as finding someone in your area that plays and would want to hook
up I'd say that is very possible. Welcome.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 9:31 am 

I made the mistake of running to my car about 10 minutes ago and determining that after the cold and crummy weather we have been
having that it is an ideal day to take a half day of vacation and golf. This segues into my Memorial day weekend nicely.

Today - 18 holes Petrifying Springs
Saturday -- 18 holes Shepherds Crook
Sunday -- 18 holes Brighton Dale Links White
Monday -- 18 holes Petrifying Springs

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 9:36 am 

T-Bone wrote:
I made the mistake of running to my car about 10 minutes ago and determining that after the cold and crummy weather we have been
having that it is an ideal day to take a half day of vacation and golf. This segues into my Memorial day weekend nicely.

Damn jealous!!!!

I am hoping to play Monday as that will be my only chance this weekend. :(

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 9:45 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Damn jealous!!!!

I've really been trying harder to get out this season. If all the golf listed above and next weekend holds true then I will be out 20 times by the end of May. That is four
more times than last season in the same time period. Hawg we played Washington Co. last year May 26th. Hardly seems like a year ago!

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 9:47 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Damn jealous!!!!

I've really been trying harder to get out this season. If all the golf listed above and next weekend holds true then I will be out 20 times by the end of May. That is four
more times than last season in the same time period. Hawg we played Washington Co. last year May 26th. Hardly seems like a year ago!

That is where I am going to try and play again on Monday, the weather doesn't look promising though.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 9:49 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I am finally getting to play 9 tomorrow after early dismissal from work. I can try my new putter, grips and hybrids so excited.

If the weather cooperates Sunday or Monday will see a full 18.

No, unless a miracle happens I will post no scores or I may make shit up.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:04 pm 

T-Bone wrote:

How did you play?

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:29 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

How did you play?

Shot 75 on a par 70 course. I was stuck behind slow players all day long as a single. Two women wouldn't let me play through for 5 holes on the
front. I passed them at the turn and then I got behind a really slow single who was stuck behind a slow twosome in a cart. I tried to put a positive
spin on it by saying it was good to get some practice playing slowly and deliberate which is what the upcoming tournament play will be. I sign up
for these things and then forget how brutally slow and painful it is to play in some of these events. Kind of a different type of game when you have
10 minutes between each shot instead of playing a hole every 10 minutes like I am used to doing. Anyway I didn't play particularly well and I didn't
get up and down once around the greens I missed. Made 4 birdies which saved what could have been a round in the 80s.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 11:48 am 

55 last night beautiful course 63 and windy. Pushed everything right. New clubs good need to work on grip. 18 tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Supposed to play tomorrow and Monday. Of course, it's supposed to rain both days.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:30 am 

Never felt more than a sprinkle for a few minutes all weekend. 76 Saturday, 74 Sunday , and 78 yesterday. I was wiped out last night after walking 72 holes in
5 days. Man I guess I am getting old.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:15 am 

Did 18 Sunday and completely lost it. I had the tiger woods yips driving nearly every hole. right, right, left, left geez. Enjoyed the day but no sense at all to the driving issues.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:14 am 

Reviewed my stats for the 13 rounds I have played 18 holes with my own ball. I like keeping the stats because they really help shine a light on
what I need to work on.

Avg score 76.3
Fairways 6.4
Greens 10.1
Putts 31.62
3 putts 0.75
Scrambling 45%
Sand Save 24%
Total Birdies 27

Overall I've had a good start to the season. Fairways I would like to see closer to 8 ( usually out of 14 ) but I have been pretty close to the
fairway thus far even when I miss. 10 greens is pretty good but would like to try to get closer to 12, although that is going to be tough. The
putting has been pretty good in general and if I could average 30 putts I couldn't complain about that much. Scrambling is getting up and down
from missed greens within 5-30 yards. This should be closer to 60% I think with more practice. My sand play has been pathetic and I would call
myself a pretty decent sand player.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:40 am 

Hoping to get out and walk 9 holes somewhere after work today because the weekend weather, including tomorrow evening, just looks dreadful.

I played last week at Broken Arrow in Lockport, and was in trouble off the tee multiple times. Still managed to card an 87 as I got up and down 5 different times to save a bogey. Bogeys won't really kill your round, but 6s, 7s, and 8s sure can.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 763 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 26  Next