It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Baracco's
Uga4Prez wrote:
Never? They've been around forever! They're the best part of the St. Patty's Day season.

Better than the Western Avenue Barf-fest?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:19 pm 

I always thought that this story got unfairly ignored.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:07 pm 

Nas wrote:
Give it a try Rob

I can't Nas. :lol:
About 10 years ago I had the stomach flu, and McD's was the last meal before I got violently ill. Ever since then the smell of their food (secifically their oil) takes away my appetite.
The only menu items from McD's I'll consume now are:
Egg McMuffin, Grilled Chicken wraps, Vanilla Cones & coffee.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Viccinos Pizza in Downtown Glenview.
They have great vanilla cones. Good call.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:34 pm 

Mustang Rob wrote:

i think because that's an exception, whereas what spurlock did was show what happens to the majority of people. very few people walk into mcdonald's and order the apple dippers or milk or something--they go in there for the fries, big macs, etc.

i'm glad more fast food places are offering healthy foods, just because it's become such a part of our consumer diet, but i can't help but wonder why people feel like they have to go to a fast food place to eat HEALTHY.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
W_Z wrote:
Mustang Rob wrote:

i think because that's an exception, whereas what spurlock did was show what happens to the majority of people. very few people walk into mcdonald's and order the apple dippers or milk or something--they go in there for the fries, big macs, etc.

i'm glad more fast food places are offering healthy foods, just because it's become such a part of our consumer diet, but i can't help but wonder why people feel like they have to go to a fast food place to eat HEALTHY.

I don't think people feel like they have to go to a fast food place, it's just that the fast food places are already there, and they would be going there anyway, so maybe why not trying to eat healthy.

Of course, I don't do this, eating healthy is for suckers. Live fast and die hard! Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
W_Z wrote:
Mustang Rob wrote:

Well, I think what Spurlock did was an exception too. He obviously went out of his way to eat the most unhealthy stuff possible (yeah I know all of it) and whenever they asked him to supersize it he did. Hey, they offer you shit at every fast food place- drink, deserts. You don't have to say yes every time like a moron. I think both of the 'experiments' were embellished. Of course if you eat there every day for months you're going to have health problems. And likewise if you go there and just eat salads and apples you could actually lose weight. The fact is while eating their shit is unhealthy, so are countless other foods, you just have to be sensible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:00 pm 

Baku wrote:

Well, I think what Spurlock did was an exception too. He obviously went out of his way to eat the most unhealthy stuff possible (yeah I know all of it) and whenever they asked him to supersize it he did. Hey, they offer you shit at every fast food place- drink, deserts. You don't have to say yes every time like a moron. I think both of the 'experiments' were embellished. Of course if you eat there every day for months you're going to have health problems. And likewise if you go there and just eat salads and apples you could actually lose weight. The fact is while eating their shit is unhealthy, so are countless other foods, you just have to be sensible.

what i meant though was that a lot more people go to mcdonald's and other fast food places to eat the greasy fast food shit. of course he was an exaggerated example because he did it every day, every meal for a month. but i work with people that almost rival that, and wind up with diabetes because of it.

i know there are a lot of people out there who don't have time to cook or even search for a "healthy" place to eat (ie. my sister, she travels a lot) but a lot of it is just laziness on people's parts, and then they blame everything but themselves for eating that way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:02 pm 

Another issue is that even at McD's the "healthy" alternatives are usually more expensive than their "less healthy" foods.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:05 pm 

Mustang Rob wrote:
Another issue is that even at McD's the "healthy" alternatives are usually more expensive than their "less healthy" foods.

Wendy's has a nice option in being able to swap out fries with a baked potato, chili, salad, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:08 pm 

Baku wrote:
Mustang Rob wrote:

Wendy's has a nice option in being able to swap out fries with a baked potato, chili, salad, etc.

How many times have you seen people at restaurants do that and then pile on the sour cream, bacon, cheese and butter, and chase it with the obligatory Diet Coke. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:14 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
Mustang Rob wrote:
Baku wrote:
Mustang Rob wrote:

How many times have you seen people at restaurants do that and then pile on the sour cream, bacon, cheese and butter, and chase it with the obligatory Diet Coke. :roll:

I'm one of those people, but only because Diet Coke kicks regular Coke's ass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:16 pm 

Irish Boy wrote:
Mustang Rob wrote:
Baku wrote:
Mustang Rob wrote:

I'm one of those people, but only because Diet Coke kicks regular Coke's ass.

Drink regular Irish.
It'll help you pack on the pounds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
W_Z wrote:
Baku wrote:

I think both of the 'experiments' were embellished. Of course if you eat there every day for months you're going to have health problems.....The fact is while eating their shit is unhealthy, so are countless other foods, you just have to be sensible.

of course he was an exaggerated example because he did it every day..

but a lot of it is just laziness on people's parts,

that was the point wasn't it? to show that fast food WILL KILL YOU and that it is a function of fat and happy american laziness?

look...it's very easy for me to tout all the glory that is the McRIB. however, i am sensible enough to avoid that crap and eat "food in a box" lean cuisines (due to laziness and the fact that i can't get through a loaf of bread or a head of lettuce before it goes bad).
so, the overall lesson from Supersize Me is that fast food is a "treat" like banana splits, korean hookers, or homegrown hydro.
or whatever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:43 pm 

doug - evergreen park wrote:

that was the point wasn't it? to show that fast food WILL KILL YOU and that it is a function of fat and happy american laziness?

look...it's very easy for me to tout all the glory that is the McRIB. however, i am sensible enough to avoid that crap and eat "food in a box" lean cuisines (due to laziness and the fact that i can't get through a loaf of bread or a head of lettuce before it goes bad).
so, the overall lesson from Supersize Me is that fast food is a "treat" like banana splits, korean hookers, or homegrown hydro.
or whatever.

not all korean hookers are treats...not that i would know...that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

i love processed turkey heads.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:14 pm 

I finally had a McRib. Over rated. And who the hell puts onions and pickles on a rib sandwhich?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:20 pm 

HappyHour Jason wrote:
I finally had a McRib. Over rated. And who the hell puts onions and pickles on a rib sandwhich?

How can a pork sandwich fashioned so it appears to have once come from an animal that had ribs be overrated?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

it's processed turkey heads...I told you already.

onions and pickles with bbq sauce is fanfukintastic!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
HappyHour Jason wrote:

Agreed. I had it Sunday. I think the Simpsons episode made the McRib overrated. Its ok but I'll take a regular QPC any day of the week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

spmack wrote:
HappyHour Jason wrote:

Agreed. I had it Sunday. I think the Simpsons episode made the McRib overrated. Its ok but I'll take a regular QPC any day of the week.

that was the Krusty-Rib...not the same thing.
http://www.thesimpsons.com/episode_guide/1412.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:57 pm 

ribwich.