It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: "Sports Feed"
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
CLTV's new version of CSTL?

Jerrod Payton and Josh Frydman, host the 1 hr 6-7 PM rip off of the Comcast show....I guess..

Nobody less interesting than a Jerrod Payton. The mans gig in life is to be a good guy, carry on the legacy of being a good guy that your dad held...it isnt to come on talk sports and be honest....Josh Frydman? Have no no idea, but nothing better than getting my Chicago Sports info from a kid that never saw Jordan, Payton, Sosa or Frank Thomas play...and if they did it was after juice breaks....

This is the product of some very high paid people.

Post subject: Re: "Sports Feed"
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:12 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
bigfan wrote:

Jerrod Payton and Josh Frydman, host the 1 hr 6-7 PM rip off of the Comcast show....I guess..

Nobody less interesting than a Jerrod Payton. The mans gig in life is to be a good guy, carry on the legacy of being a good guy that your dad held...it isnt to come on talk sports and be honest....Josh Frydman? Have no no idea, but nothing better than getting my Chicago Sports info from a kid that never saw Jordan, Payton, Sosa or Frank Thomas play...and if they did it was after juice breaks....

I've never heard Payton very much, but if that's his gig in life, he's done it very well. He hasn't embarrassed the family name. Anyway, I can't imagine that he's worse at talking about sports than many guys on the Score.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:14 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
bigfan wrote:

I've never heard Payton very much, but if that's his gig in life, he's done it very well. He hasn't embarrassed the family name. Anyway, I can't imagine that he's worse at talking about sports than many guys on the Score.

he is pretty bad. Cant be good at that job and be friends with the guys you want to critique.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
He's not as bad as Biggie says.....just not that great.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

bigfan wrote:

That's a good way to describe Jarrod. He's always smiling. Always saying how great everybody is. He just skips through the field of life singing and tossing rose pedals. Saying thank you to all of the people who tell him a story about his dad.

He is human, though. I once sat a table away from him at a strip club. Pretty sure I was the only one that knew who he was. The dancers had no clue.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:19 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Only shakes has embarassed the Payton family.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

Let's be honest, if you read that book about the truth of 34, Walter, himself, embarrassed the Payton family.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:27 pm 

spmack wrote:
He's not as bad as Biggie says.....just not that great.

I dont think he does anything bad, he is just plain. he smiles and laughs. He is there due to his last name and thats it.

I would at least say his sister has a personality and does a good job. I understand why she got the job, but she kept the job.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:28 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Let's be honest, if you read that book about the truth of 34, Walter, himself, embarrassed the Payton family.

Have lots of bad thoughts on Walter, but unlike the guy who wrote the book, he felt he needed to pimp them after his death and smear the guys name for his kids to see.

Have a feeling you can go back and research tons of athletes and find some bad stuff, but why? Oh yea, to make money.....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:29 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
bigfan wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Have lots of bad thoughts on Walter, but unlike the guy who wrote the book, he felt he needed to pimp them after his death and smear the guys name for his kids to see.

Have a feeling you can go back and research tons of athletes and find some bad stuff, but why? Oh yea, to make money.....

#Truth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

bigfan wrote:
Beardown wrote:

I disagree. Of course the author wants to make money. But there have been other books about Payton. Where I'm sure it was all about how great he was. Those authors were also trying to make money, but they avoided the full truth.

I had the Payton video as a kid. I'm sure Payton made money off that as he probably did on some of the books about him.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Beardown wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Beardown wrote:

I disagree. Of course the author wants to make money. But there have been other books about Payton. Where I'm sure it was all about how great he was. Those authors were also trying to make money, but they avoided the full truth.

I had the Payton video as a kid. I'm sure Payton made money off that as he probably did on some of the books about him.

For a guy who knows next to nothing about much of anything, you certainly use "I'm sure" an awful lot.
You haven't read the books, but you know what they are about?
You know that the subjects of books get money from the authors?
Tell me more about things you are "sure" of!!!

Former host of The Outdoors Experience on WIND and The Great Outdoors on CLTV
http://www.wefishasa.com

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:06 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Hey BF,I blasted him first!

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=94004&p=2244791&hilit=payton#p2244791

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

SteveSarley wrote:
Beardown wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Beardown wrote:

For a guy who knows next to nothing about much of anything, you certainly use "I'm sure" an awful lot.
You haven't read the books, but you know what they are about?
You know that the subjects of books get money from the authors?
Tell me more about things you are "sure" of!!!

Here's Walter's Autobiography.

No. I didn't read it. But I'm pretty sure he didn't discuss the tanks of nitrus oxide tanks in his garage. Nor banging whores while married. That's what one would call...wait for it... a common sense safe assumption. I also think it's safe to assume that Walter got money for his AUTOBIOGRAPHY even though he had help writing it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
You know, Beardown, you are really just a smarmy little creep that always wants to go to negative places.
Do you know for a fact about Walter and tanks of nitrous oxide and whores?
Do you get your jollies repeating this kind of slanderous garbage?
I bet you are hoping that Jarrett Payton's wife sees your post about seeing him in a strip club.
That would just make your sad little life have meaning, wouldn't it?
You are the TMZ of anonymous message board posters.

Former host of The Outdoors Experience on WIND and The Great Outdoors on CLTV
http://www.wefishasa.com

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
bigfan wrote:
Beardown wrote:

so your ideal host cares a lot about athletes who aren't playing anymore, but not enough to unearth the bad stuff. Why isn't there a Spada section, again?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:10 pm 

bigfan wrote:
Have no no idea, but nothing better than getting my Chicago Sports info from a kid that never saw Jordan, Payton, Sosa or Frank Thomas play...and if they did it was after juice breaks....

I don't see how this is important. Unless you're just conceding terrestrial radio to the old, which is understandable. But then you want that sweet DraftKings content, too...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
bigfan wrote:

You think CSN created that style of sports talk show?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:21 pm 

I was gonna say 'who remembers Sports Page?', as I did (with my juice sippy-cup) but it only somewhat-recently got cancelled: http://www.score670.com/phpBB/viewtopic ... 21&t=32845

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Walter Payton practiced denistry on the side? :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:28 pm 

IMU wrote:
bigfan wrote:

You think CSN created that style of sports talk show?

yes, I do.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:33 pm 

NBC / SportsChannel did. You know this.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:36 pm 

IMU wrote:

Bigfan needs chicago sports media history lesson.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:37 pm 

the only real sports talk was "The sports writers on TV"

these guys were real, passionate, really talked through the commercials, they didnt hold back on each other and were really friends in the end.

These guys did this job because they loved it. None of them made very much money. Gleason still brought a cheese sandwich wrapped in wax paper to the Bulls games during the jordan years. Jauss drove a beat up old Chevette to Depaul games...asked him why he doesnt get a new car...and he said 'When this car stops getting me to where I need to be"...and without Ben Bentley not sure you have a chicago bulls team here. I kknow you dont have a Benny the Bull. Telander....he was there for the money....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:38 pm 

IMU wrote:

Correct....of course I know this and Sports Writers...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:38 pm 

Which was NBC / SportsChannel.

It still was the first premier sports panel show. A format that many networks have followed.

Comcast, Fox, ESPN, etc etc

I've never looked at Sports Talk Live and said "this is unique / revolutionary."

It is formulaic. And mostly bad. These days the only time it is on is when it precedes an actual game and I'm too lazy to move to MLBHD until the game starts.

I assume CLTV version will be as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:45 pm 

Sportschannel took the guys from radio on WGN and made it the "On Tv" version...

Bentley would announce the opening "The Sportswriters.....ON TV!!!!!" As if this was a major deal...and in those days it was....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:51 pm 

I'm fairly sure we're in agreement but your continued expounding makes me wonder.

Rejoin our COC.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
I know "Sports Feed" is supposed to be a play on newsfeeds and #socialmedia and all that, but all I think about is serving up a big burlap bag of industrial-grade Sports Feed to hungry livestock.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Can't Brittney host the show instead of her brother?

He is the generic blah weekend sports guy type. Not the bemusing Bruce Roberts type, but the iffy Sid Garcia or Matt Rodewald type.