It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East
With the Scores ratings the last year continuing to decline and ad sales down several million dollars last year and continuing to decline, Mitch Rosen's job is on the line. With the May ratings being released today and the Score falling behind ESPN expect Mitch Rosen to most likely be replaced soon. Once Mitch Rosen is fired Jason Goff, Matt Spiegel, Terry Boers, and Dan Bernstein will ll be replaced in order to get new talent in place who can increase ratings and ad revenue.

You can only continue to berate callers for so longer before the callers quit tuning in. This leads to lower ratings and lower ratings means less advertisers and therefore revenue.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:06 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
You talked to your guy? Were there any loud voices in the room?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:17 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
i was shocked to find this was not a BD created post... unless spada got his mult's mixed up

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Welcome back to Spada and the concussion-symptom on THE SCORE. It's just in time for our weekly segment: My Wife or my Book Editor??? Sponsored by 'Dave Hernandes Loan Services': this time with a slightly-altered name so you can't Google it!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Barnaby's
How about singling out the White Sox also? The team is currently in last place and whose games the station is saddled with. This cannot be helping the station’s ratings.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
spadaesq1 wrote:
With the Scores ratings the last year continuing to decline and ad sales down several million dollars last year and continuing to decline, Mitch Rosen's job is on the line. With the May ratings being released today and the Score falling behind ESPN expect Mitch Rosen to most likely be replaced soon. Once Mitch Rosen is fired Jason Goff, Matt Spiegel, Terry Boers, and Dan Bernstein will ll be replaced in order to get new talent in place who can increase ratings and ad revenue.

You can only continue to berate callers for so longer before the callers quit tuning in. This leads to lower ratings and lower ratings means less advertisers and therefore revenue.

I sure hope that you are correct.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

I've always believed that the SCORE changes once they get a new boss. Mitch is just a guy that's there. When things are going well he doesn't have to say anything. When things are going bad he still doesn't say anything. When hosts are bad he doesn't say anything. When producers leave a remote cuz they just want to get home early Mitch doesn't say anything.

They hire a new guy, he might say something.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Who's been predicting imminent changes at the Score for longer now, Spada or Scorehead?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
ZephMarshack wrote:
Who's been predicting imminent changes at the Score for longer now, Spada or Scorehead?

:lol: :lol:

Don't forget the king of assholery, SiD.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

The Bernstein thing is a perfect example. Any radio boss would have suspended him for at least a day. Christ, Bernstein would have totally understood. What did Mitch do? Buried his head in the sand.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:08 pm 

Doesn't Mitch also run XRT?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Stage 4?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Hold the line!

BernSTINE is on the unemployment line

whoa whoa whoa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:29 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
pittmike wrote:
You talked to your guy? Were there any loud voices in the room?

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Zizou wrote:
Doesn't Mitch also run XRT?

Can't be in any meaningful way. Freeform Norm's been running the place for what, 35 years?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mitch Rosen every day at 5:00 pm

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
SomeGuy wrote:
Hold the line!

whoa whoa whoa

Bernstein is easily 3 steps from unemployment.

1 needs to lose Terry see the big imminent drop...and Yes, I am sure of it....

Then when he goes Solo, because nobody is worthy...you will hear a show designed by him for him....its the North effect....then the big ratings drop..

Then comes to low ball offer from Rod...which Insults Dan and he walks out of prinicpal....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

bigfan wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
Hold the line!

whoa whoa whoa

Bernstein is easily 3 steps from unemployment.

1 needs to lose Terry see the big imminent drop...and Yes, I am sure of it....

Then when he goes Solo, because nobody is worthy...you will hear a show designed by him for him....its the North effect....then the big ratings drop..

Then comes to low ball offer from Rod...which Insults Dan and he walks out of prinicpal....

Disagree. He would take a low ball offer if he had no options. He has kids. North didn't. Thus principal is out the window. Big difference. Bernstein would never walk unless he had something else lined up

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:47 pm 

If Terry retired they'd have more money to pay Dan so why would Rod lowball him? Dan's been there for almost 20 years and is the only draw the station has.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

Zizou wrote:
If Terry retired they'd have more money to pay Dan so why would Rod lowball him? Dan's been there for almost 20 years and is the only draw the station has.

That's always been my theory. Terry makes 500k. Dan probably makes 400k. So 900k for the show. Terry retires, Zim tells Dan "600k to go solo". 200k increase for Dan? You kidding me. He'd take it. And Zim saves 300k. Win-win.

Then if Dan proved himself solo he'd get 900k for his next contract.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:13 pm 

People are not getting raises in talk radio in any situation. Would be fun I guess to ask Dan after his mnext contract (if there is one) how monitized that.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

pittmike wrote:
People are not getting raises in talk radio in any situation. Would be fun I guess to ask Dan after his mnext contract (if there is one) how monitized that.

Wouldn't be a raise, per say, for the show. It would be a 300k cut if he went solo in my scenario. As I just laid it out. You don't get that? Obviously you'd have to pay Bernstein more if it's only him and not Boers. It would be a trial period to see how it works.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:24 pm 

Beardown wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Wouldn't be a raise, per say, for the show. It would be a 300k cut if he went solo in my scenario. As I just laid it out. You don't get that? Obviously you'd have to pay Bernstein more if it's only him and not Boers. It would be a trial period to see how it works.

Ain't happening ask Roe Conn.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:32 pm 

i just dont understand when someone who makes a couple mil, why they feel they desperately need to hold a job. why do people need to live in expensive houses? you wouldnt hear from me, i would buy a nice house in some outskirt town with a large yard and huge garage and that would be it. fuck dealing with people :evil:

oh, and i would build a renewable energy system to be off the grid too. photovolatic solar, wind turbines, tesla batteries, geothermal supplemental heat, parabolic mirror to heat mineral oil for more heat, woodgas for emergencies... again, fuck paying bills and fuck dealing with people :evil: id pay for cellphone, internet, property taxes, vehicle insurance and obamacare. thats all i need.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:13 am 

I am and will always be eternally grateful to Mitch for saving the station from going down the path of national programming from 6pm-6am weekdays and all throughout the weekend. You may not remember that direction the station was taking but it almost ruined the Score. I'll take 24 hours of Bernstien and Sir rather than concede a single hour of listening to Amy Lawrence

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:34 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
SomeGuy wrote:
Hold the line!

whoa whoa whoa

Jeff Porcaro rose from the grave and immediately died again because of that post.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:38 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Zizou wrote:

The B&B section on this board proves this statement to be correct. Lil' Danny still moves the meters.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:50 am 

Chus wrote:
Zizou wrote:

The B&B section on this board proves this statement to be correct. Lil' Danny still moves the meters.

You are absolutely correct. There really isn't any interest in any other show and that is why I authored the post in the Goff section. Bernstein's show is must listen radio for a number of people that post on here. The whole "hate listen" stuff is a smokescreen. Their sports lenses must first be filtered by Bernstein before they can form an opinion. It really is quite obvious actually.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:19 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Chus wrote:
Zizou wrote:

I don't even think that's really true anymore. Look at the 1st page of that section and there's maybe 1 or 2 daily threads that are over 2 pages, most aren't even 2.

Go to about page 20 from 2 years ago and they consistently get to 4 or 5 with many up to 8, 10, 12 pages or more.

I haven't listened in a couple months for any length of time. The predictability of the show really sucks the entertainment out of it.