It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Chus wrote:
Zizou wrote:
If Terry retired they'd have more money to pay Dan so why would Rod lowball him? Dan's been there for almost 20 years and is the only draw the station has.

The B&B section on this board proves this statement to be correct. Lil' Danny still moves the meters.

I don't even think that's really true anymore. Look at the 1st page of that section and there's maybe 1 or 2 daily threads that are over 2 pages, most aren't even 2.

Go to about page 20 from 2 years ago and they consistently get to 4 or 5 with many up to 8, 10, 12 pages or more.

I haven't listened in a couple months for any length of time. The predictability of the show really sucks the entertainment out of it.

I generally avoid it because it's generally a circle-jerk of anti-Bernstein dinks that more or less amounts to a text version of the opening of 2001; while I can only speak for myself, I have to imagine a number of others have a similar lack of interest in posting in those show threads.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:29 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Oh, pfft. This board was relentlessly pro-Bernstein once. We're not the dinks.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:30 am 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Chus wrote:
Zizou wrote:
If Terry retired they'd have more money to pay Dan so why would Rod lowball him? Dan's been there for almost 20 years and is the only draw the station has.

The B&B section on this board proves this statement to be correct. Lil' Danny still moves the meters.

I don't even think that's really true anymore. Look at the 1st page of that section and there's maybe 1 or 2 daily threads that are over 2 pages, most aren't even 2.

Go to about page 20 from 2 years ago and they consistently get to 4 or 5 with many up to 8, 10, 12 pages or more.

I haven't listened in a couple months for any length of time. The predictability of the show really sucks the entertainment out of it.

The diminishing level of interest is also relative to the overall interest in this board. There used to be two shows that routinely drew a lot of interest and now there is one. The hosts of these shows would partake in the discussions. None of that happens now unless one of them is "multing". SPMACK "perpetual mult hunter" would know more about that aspect of the board.

There also are a number of guys that I could remember from that era who no longer post or post with far less frequency. I didn't post much then but I remember reading their stuff and they were quite frankly more passionate about their opinions and posting on the board. I think the lack of posting is tied to both declining interest in the show and a declining interest in posting on this board.

When it comes to posting relative to the respective shows though Bernstein wins in a landslide. The posting on his particular show exceeds the collective posting of all the other shows on this board.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:34 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
good dolphin wrote:
I am and will always be eternally grateful to Mitch for saving the station from going down the path of national programming from 6pm-6am weekdays and all throughout the weekend. You may not remember that direction the station was taking but it almost ruined the Score. I'll take 24 hours of Bernstien and Sir rather than concede a single hour of listening to Amy Lawrence

I would gladly listen to Scot Ferrall in place of Loho or Les.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:38 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Have the ratings been posted anywhere? If they suck as outlined by spada, then it will give some legitimacy to his theory.

I see Feder has some ratings stuff behind the Tribune pay wall. I didn't see them on Chicagolandradioandmedia (world's worst designed site).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:39 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Curious Hair wrote:
Oh, pfft. This board was relentlessly pro-Bernstein once. We're not the dinks.

It's not to say I don't get perturbed at Bernstein's crap ... the search can likely pull up a number of posts from me calling him everything but a white man ... but when the threads start out with the usual crap, it's like nothing short of an appearance by the ghost of Marvin Gaye would engender any positivity in the thread, so, well ... it's easier to generalize the generalized consensus by invoking the informal term 'dinks', even about people who probably shouldn't otherwise be counted amongst them.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:41 am 

Scorehead wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
I am and will always be eternally grateful to Mitch for saving the station from going down the path of national programming from 6pm-6am weekdays and all throughout the weekend. You may not remember that direction the station was taking but it almost ruined the Score. I'll take 24 hours of Bernstien and Sir rather than concede a single hour of listening to Amy Lawrence

I would gladly listen to Scot Ferrall in place of Loho or Les.

I caught LoHo for about 45 minutes driving back from O'Hare last night. I thought he had some decent hockey thoughts on NBC and putting a few games on NBCSN. Only B&B is toxic to me, and yet that is admittedly the premier show on WSCR. I just can't handle the level of hate spewed by that show.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
denisdman wrote:
Have the ratings been posted anywhere? If they suck as outlined by spada, then it will give some legitimacy to his theory.

I see Feder has some ratings stuff behind the Tribune pay wall. I didn't see them on Chicagolandradioandmedia (world's worst designed site).

Yes. WSCR went from a 2.5 to a 2.0 and fell behind WMVP. I think the link is in this thread somewhere.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:43 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
denisdman wrote:

2.0 cume for May, down from a 2.5. They took the biggest drop from April in the market, with the Mix and KQX losing .4. Neither drivetime is in the top ten for 6+, though of course they're really only looking for males 18-49.

http://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb005 Here's the full market report
viewtopic.php?p=2256585#p2256585 here's the Feder article

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:51 am 

Many thanks. I think they look at the men's demo more than overall, but that is pretty sad.

ESPN 1000 is just terrible in every way. I know it has its fanboys, which are largely composed of out of towners who now reside in Chicago. WSCR is missing a big personalities, but I still listen up until B&B. The entire genre is kind of played out. It gets old listening to a rehash of the same Monday Morning QB talk. But I listen nonetheless.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:17 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Curious Hair wrote:
This board was relentlessly pro-Bernstein once.

I hated those days.