It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ESPN v WSCR Giveaways
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:49 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
listening to ESPN, they are giving away Hawks tickets to Game 6, on a Pub crawl wth Silvy, Gift certificates for Chicago Cut Steakhouse and giving away a weekend to stay and golf at the Grand Geneva....or you can be the 67th caller at WSCR for 2 Tickets to the Golf Expo! a $7 value!!!!!

Says that Chicago Cut, The Grand Geneva and Bud light think ESPN is what they should be promoting....which is the right call....or did Rod lose his sales staff?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:17 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Wow, that's pretty sad. I don't really have anything else to add to that, other than maybe the Score thinks they don't need giveaways to get listeners? Their latest ratings might belie that.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
devil's advocate here: look at all the crazy-good shit ESPN has to give away in the hopes of getting you to listen (they stop just short of giving you a handjob in a game-6 bathroom from silvy). the score knows you're listening anyways and thusly doesn't give a shit, as every $$$ saved goes to the remainder of the final terry boers recession (500k-1mil) contract!

so yeah when you're king of the relative-mountain that is sportstalk, you don't gotta coddle your listeners. the howard stern movie taught me that people who hate a show tune in for twice as long on average "just to see what he's gonna say next"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:01 am 

Well, they just lost 20% of their audience in a month. They might have to throw us some free shit.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:14 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
wow they lost 20% of their audience? scratch that joke about silvy giving you a handjob in the game-6 bathroom, i think we might have to go full-on "boy toy" experience in order to recoup that.

....but yeah you figure these stations only do stuff like this when they have to. hell they prolly tell dan to be more obstinate @ the score so people hate listen and they dont have to do stuff like this.,

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:17 am 

No, 670 lost 20% of its audience, 2.0 cume in May down from 2.5 in April. 1000 had a 2.1, first time they've beaten the Score in months if not years. It was 2.8 to 1.3 in February, almost a 3:2 ratio.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:28 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
devil's advocate here: look at all the crazy-good shit ESPN has to give away in the hopes of getting you to listen (they stop just short of giving you a handjob in a game-6 bathroom from silvy). the score knows you're listening anyways and thusly doesn't give a shit, as every $$$ saved goes to the remainder of the final terry boers recession (500k-1mil) contract!

so yeah when you're king of the relative-mountain that is sportstalk, you don't gotta coddle your listeners. the howard stern movie taught me that people who hate a show tune in for twice as long on average "just to see what he's gonna say next"

They dont HAVE to give it away....its the advertisers who choose to provide the items as then they get the advertising.

Grand geneva has chosen to forego the medium that gets them no business as anyone that stil listens to a certain afternoon show enjoys being played.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Great American
Doesn't the Score give away Sox tickets too? Call in now and you can save $9 dollars!

Mac FM wrote:
Did somebody say grass?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:25 pm 

Councilman Les Whinen wrote:
Doesn't the Score give away Sox tickets too? Call in now and you can save $9 dollars!

Yes, Mitch poops them...

Sox tickets are kinda weird, they arent that cheap, as many might think. The lower bowl tickets are not cheap and they sell.

Its the upper deck that you can get multiple tickets for $8 each...or less.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

This is just a guess on my part. But when ESPN gives away good prizes like $100 gift certificates to good restaurants that's probably negates some of what the restaurants pays for the spot or mentions. Where as Zim says just give me the money, I don't want to give back to the damn listeners.

Or maybe they get free gift certificates and Mitch just uses it for the staff. Cuz the hosts at the SCORE often say "Hey, look who brought in food for us today". So they take the freebies where ESPN 1000 thinks it's better business to throw it to the listeners. Maybe Mitch also uses some of gift certificates to the nice restaurants for himself. I saw him at Doug's funeral on TV. He's eating well.