It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 763 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 26  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:32 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I wrote a long response and then at some point it logged me out and I lost it.

Great day at a phenomenal course. Visually stunning. Fairways were pretty generous framed by a pretty narrow 1st cut and then the rest is that long
fescue. The 1st cut is where you don't want to be actually as the ball sinks into the bottom and it thick and grabs the club. I hit the ball ok overall.
Managed to hit 11 of 14 fairways which saved me some strokes. I shot an 82 with two double bogeys on the front. 43-39 on the card with two birdies.
The highlight was my dad hitting it to within a foot on the par 3 6th hole. I was proud of him and he was happy he made a birdie out there. He also
made it all the way around with the same ball which was probably more impressive than the near hole in one. It was a great way to make a memory
and we had a very good time. I highly recommend it if you have the interest or if you can get a supplier to take you out there that is even better.
The greens fees are pretty steep.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:34 am 

T-Bone wrote:
I wrote a long response and then at some point it logged me out and I lost it.

Great day at a phenomenal course. Visually stunning. Fairways were pretty generous framed by a pretty narrow 1st cut and then the rest is that long
fescue. The 1st cut is where you don't want to be actually as the ball sinks into the bottom and it thick and grabs the club. I hit the ball ok overall.
Managed to hit 11 of 14 fairways which saved me some strokes. I shot an 82 with two double bogeys on the front. 43-39 on the card with two birdies.
The highlight was my dad hitting it to within a foot on the par 3 6th hole. I was proud of him and he was happy he made a birdie out there. He also
made it all the way around with the same ball which was probably more impressive than the near hole in one. It was a great way to make a memory
and we had a very good time. I highly recommend it if you have the interest or if you can get a supplier to take you out there that is even better.
The greens fees are pretty steep.

Awesome, very glad you had a great time with your father.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:26 am 

Anyone getting out this weekend to play? Supposed to play first thing Sunday morning but weather is looking pretty sketchy. I'd call this pretty close to the mid way
point of the Midwest golf season.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:30 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Anyone getting out this weekend to play? Supposed to play first thing Sunday morning but weather is looking pretty sketchy. I'd call this pretty close to the mid way
point of the Midwest golf season.

I would like to as I have literally nothing going on this weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:37 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I am presently hoping the forecast holds for finally no rain and no conflicts so I can hit a ball for the first time in weeks.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:39 am 

pittmike wrote:
I am presently hoping the forecast holds for finally no rain and no conflicts so I can hit a ball for the first time in weeks.

We could actually use some rain here, it is pretty dry.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:44 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
pittmike wrote:

We really could. If it could hold off between 6 am and 10 am Sunday I'm ok with rain the rest of the weekend. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Surprises me you could use rain. Missed Wisco as it went through?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:45 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
pittmike wrote:

We really could. If it could hold off between 6 am and 10 am Sunday I'm ok with rain the rest of the weekend. :wink:

I am tired of watering every damn day. :x

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:03 am 

pittmike wrote:

We haven't had much measureable rain in about 2 weeks.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:06 am 

T-Bone wrote:
pittmike wrote:

We haven't had much measureable rain in about 2 weeks.

Other areas of the state have, but as it has moved closer to us it has just disappeared.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:09 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Playing Highlands of Elgin tomorrow, probably gonna take it easy today cause my back has been real bad the last few days. Waiting for the doc to prescribe me some steroids today.

Played Steeple Chase last night, very underrated course in the northern suburbs. Tried a new putting style focusing on being shorter and quicker. Finally gave up on it after a 4 putt double on #11. Shot a 89, but felt like I played a little better than that. One bad shot on #9 resulted in a triple, also doubled 11 and 12. Played the course at 6466 yards, which is a little out of my comfort zone. Had a lot of hybrids and 5 irons in my hand for second shots. Only 22% FIR, but 44% GIR so my iron play was pretty solid.

Nice to see that on a day when I don't have it I can still keep it in the 80s. Last year that number was in the 100s.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:33 am 

shakes wrote:
Playing Highlands of Elgin tomorrow, probably gonna take it easy today cause my back has been real bad the last few days. Waiting for the doc to prescribe me some steroids today.

Played Steeple Chase last night, very underrated course in the northern suburbs. Tried a new putting style focusing on being shorter and quicker. Finally gave up on it after a 4 putt double on #11. Shot a 89, but felt like I played a little better than that. One bad shot on #9 resulted in a triple, also doubled 11 and 12. Played the course at 6466 yards, which is a little out of my comfort zone. Had a lot of hybrids and 5 irons in my hand for second shots. Only 22% FIR, but 44% GIR so my iron play was pretty solid.

Nice to see that on a day when I don't have it I can still keep it in the 80s. Last year that number was in the 100s.

That was my home course when I played up at College of Lake County. Nice track, I really should get out there as it has been 4 years or so.
Back nine is definitely tougher than the front but there are a number of holes you can get in trouble on starting on #9 which I guess you found out.
13 through 15 were always tough ones for me. Number 18 is a very nice closing par 5 that dares you to go for it with a perfect drive.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:26 pm 

As a golf fan, Jordon Spieth is must watch tv.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:58 am 

Got out yesterday and finally feel like I am getting my game back. Club finally feeling better in my hands and more control over the ball. 76 with
a lot of missed putts that I thought should have gone in.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:52 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Got out yesterday and finally feel like I am getting my game back. Club finally feeling better in my hands and more control over the ball. 76 with

Playing at Washington County on Sunday, 1st round in 2 months. :eye:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:00 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

:thumleft: Supposed to play Countryside down near Mundelein on Saturday. Solid public course layout. Haven't played out there for a few years.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:14 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

:thumleft: Supposed to play Countryside down near Mundelein on Saturday. Solid public course layout. Haven't played out there for a few years.

Countryside is a dog track, you should go 100 yards down the street and play Steeple Chase instead.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:27 am 

shakes wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Countryside is a dog track, you should go 100 yards down the street and play Steeple Chase instead.

Really? I hate the old course but the newer one I always found interesting. Maybe they haven't taken care of it. My friend has a gift card to use at Countryside so I think
we are playing there regardless.

Edit -- Work sucks today so I am going golfing. :eye:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:21 pm 

pizza_Place: aurelios
For the 2nd time in a week I end the the round with 7 pars and still shoot a fucking 96!!!! How in the hell is that even possible :twisted: Played Heritage Bluff and Fox Bend yesterday. 26 over on 11 freaking holes.

Sorry just needed to vent a little. :oops: :oops:

Carry on so I can hear how real golfers play the game.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:02 am 

By the time I got home and was ready to head out golfing and I some serious stomach pains and had to cancel the golf. Probably worked out as it got really
hot and humid and I likely would have had an accident out on the golf course.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:53 am 

I think I just found my next set of clubs. It was love at first sight. Just released for the British Open.

http://www.pgatour.com/equipmentreport/ ... -iron.html

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:54 am 

Better check with the wife before you make that impulse purchase. :P

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:56 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:

:oops: She knows I have been looking but yeah, you are right. Damn you Hawg! The voice of reason.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:01 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

:oops: She knows I have been looking but yeah, you are right. Damn you Hawg! The voice of reason.

Just wanted to be the first to point that out to ya. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:20 am 

Had a great weekend of golf. played Highlands of Elgin with my golf league partner Saturday. If you haven't been, HOE is pound for pound the best course in Illinois. Golfweek has rated it #2 in Illinois the past 2 years on its list of best courses you can play, trailing on Dubs. I'll take HOE at its average price of $60 with a cart vs Dubs and its $155 any day of the week.

Had a great match with my partner. He's a 6 so he gave me 4 strokes and we played match play and stroke play. I chipped it from 40 yards to 6 inches for a par tap in on 17 and he responded by chipping it to 2 inches, but it was enough for me to win the match 2 and 1. Then on 18 he got par and I got bogey and he beat me by 1 in stroke play (79-84).

Next day took the wife to Coyote Run. Ended up with an 83...any time I can keep it under 85 with my wife in the cart I feel like I'm doing great. Highlight of the round was on #9, par 5 and I was in the thick rough under a hill 135 yards out in 2. Picked my target on a tree top and hit a blind 8 iron. Got up to the green and found my ball 3 inches behind the pin sitting next to its ball mark. Guy on the putting green told me that it had hit the flagstick so apparently it landed 3 inches past the cup, checked back into the stick and bounced back and landed right next to the original ball mark. Eagle would've been nice, but I don't complain much about tap in birdies.

Yesterday got out for a twilight round at Deerfield, my home course growing up and site of my only hole in 1. 39-40-79! First time ever breaking 80 there. 20 MPH winds didn't make it easy either. Almost choked it away by finishing double-par-bogey, but I'll take it.

Golf league tonight then time to start thinking about where I'm playing this weekend.

Got some $$ burning in my pocket and might go to Golfsmith today and pick up a Calloway XR 5 hybrid. Already have the 3 and the 4 in the Xhot series and LOVE them. Can hit my 5 iron, but only if I want to play a 170-175 yard fade. Would like an option that is 175, high and soft.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:23 am 

mcbrides wrote:
For the 2nd time in a week I end the the round with 7 pars and still shoot a fucking 96!!!! How in the hell is that even possible :twisted: Played Heritage Bluff and Fox Bend yesterday. 26 over on 11 freaking holes.

Sorry just needed to vent a little. :oops: :oops:

Now that you've vented, can you turn on the US Women's Open?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:27 am 

Countryside Prairie course tomorrow at 6:15. Will be nice to get out and finished before it heats up. Playing with some old friends I see maybe once a year.
My plan is to hit Franks For The Memories afterwards, which I haven't been to in a few years. Favorite chicken wings on the planet.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:59 am 

shakes I think maybe you have been playing Lawsonia too much and are spoiled with top notch courses. I played Countryside Prairie on Saturday morning
and thought it was in great shape. Nice layout and the greens were some of the best I have played on this year. $40 to walk which was a little steep but
not unfair after playing it.

Hit the ball well, in fact I hit the first 10 greens in a row but the putter really let me down. I shot a 76 with 37 putts including 4 three putts. Hit the ball
well enough to shoot a 70. I played 9 last night at my local course and carded a 38. Once again the putter let me down. I lipped a few out and the
others I just burned the edge or left them short.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:10 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
I continued my season trend of good 9 bad 9 as we sweat our asses off at Coyote Run on Friday afternoon. 55 on the front, which actually should have been much worse. I managed to pitch three consecutive holes to within 3' to "save" my double bogeys. Started the back 9 with back to back doubles, but managed to play the final 7 holes in -1 to card a 39. Stupid game.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 763 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 26  Next