It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:17 am 

I shit you not, that guy spent an hour of his show talking about the look of three baseball parks.

This had to rank up there with Goff's dish washer night as the most self indulgent radio I have heard on the station.

Also, do people really spend precious vacation time with the focal point being traveling to stadia (fucking Bernstein)? He had some Score back room guy on with him last night who went to Los Angeles and could only talk about going to a Dodgers game.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:45 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
I love baseball,but I could give a flying rat's ass about wasting vacation time to check out ballparks.

As for Goff's dishwasher riff sometime back,I was listening that night thinking he would move on,he didn't,it was terrible radio!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:51 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I've almost completely given up on sports radio. Probably consumed about 15 minutes total in the last 2 weeks. I used to listen all day long.

I recommend the Pistol Shrimps Radio podcast. Two improv comedians that don't know anything about basketball doing play-by-play of a women's rec league team. Strange at first but give it time.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:57 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
I saw Cards @ Pirates back in 2006. I liked Pittsburgh's stadium.

/end of story

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:00 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
jimmypasta wrote:
I love baseball,but I could give a flying rat's ass about wasting vacation time to check out ballparks.

i don't know what you wouldn't...10 years ago or so i was in San Francisco for about a week and was able to check out both an A's game and a Giants game. It was pretty fun. now i probably wouldn't plan a vacation specifically to see a certain park, but if i was in a city with a park i'd never been to, i'd make an effort to go

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:01 am 

redskingreg wrote:

/end of story

It's a great stadium but its a stadium. Even on a purely architectural level, there is better architecture in the city.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:04 am 

good dolphin wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

/end of story

It's a great stadium but its a stadium. Even on a purely architectural level, there is better architecture in the city.

I'm aware. I wasn't pitting a stadium against other architecture. Purely from a stadium standpoint, I liked the design and loved that it was right on the river.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:10 am 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I've almost completely given up on sports radio. Probably consumed about 15 minutes total in the last 2 weeks. I used to listen all day long.

I recommend the Pistol Shrimps Radio podcast. Two improv comedians that don't know anything about basketball doing play-by-play of a women's rec league team. Strange at first but give it time.

I'm with you Ken. I turned on B&B yesterday hoping to hear some fun bad radio and they where talking MLB needing to protect people who are sitting in the stands. I'm not sure how they have turned this into a daily topic. Yes, people need to be protected at games. Solution, add a screen or plastic glass. End Convo. Move on to next topic. But no they go on and on, on top of their soapbox about the dangers of watching a ball game. I PTFB and listened to some GNR. :(

B&B killed the sports radio stars.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:13 am 

Speaking of protecting people at MLB games, I'm surprised they still let kids catch popups at the HR Derby.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:25 am 

Bagels wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

i don't know what you wouldn't...10 years ago or so i was in San Francisco for about a week and was able to check out both an A's game and a Giants game. It was pretty fun. now i probably wouldn't plan a vacation specifically to see a certain park, but if i was in a city with a park i'd never been to, i'd make an effort to go

In agreement with my guy Bagels.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:30 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
redskingreg wrote:
Speaking of protecting people at MLB games, I'm surprised they still let kids catch popups at the HR Derby.

100% sure that comes to an end soon as 2 kids will collide...came close last night...

As For Leary, he looks at stadiums different from us regular fans....he knows so much more, thus you must value his opinion...

In reality, stadiums are shit. They are close to industrial buildings, whch are block, block, rebar, truss....of course even that is too much of a pain these days...pre fab wall, snap them in...bam...play ball...The emphasis on small party areas is what should be done to produce more revenue, but that costs a little more money....but I am sure Leary covered all this.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:31 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
PNC is really great. I wouldn't plan a vacation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:35 am 

Although I did plan a vacation of going to see Spring Training baseball out in Arizona with my son.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:37 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
redskingreg wrote:

oh no, don't let Bernstein know or we'll get a 'think of the actuaries' bit (for an hour)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Spring training is cool because you get out of the stupid winter and sit in the sunshine. The Sox have a nice set up.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:50 am 

bigfan wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

100% sure that comes to an end soon as 2 kids will collide...came close last night...

As For Leary, he looks at stadiums different from us regular fans....he knows so much more, thus you must value his opinion...

In reality, stadiums are shit. They are close to industrial buildings, whch are block, block, rebar, truss....of course even that is too much of a pain these days...pre fab wall, snap them in...bam...play ball...The emphasis on small party areas is what should be done to produce more revenue, but that costs a little more money....but I am sure Leary covered all this.

Or you'd have balls bouncing off of kids' faces.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:59 am 

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Spring training is cool because you get out of the stupid winter and sit in the sunshine. The Sox have a nice set up.

The Sox and Dodgers do have a very nice set up out there.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:02 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

Paid for the city of Glendale and their residents tax money....then when the cubs got STATE funding via a $1 tax on ALL Minor league ticket sales....Wow was Jerry upset....Theo Ricketts have really outsmarted Jerry during the tenure.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:04 am 

bigfan wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

Paid for the city of Glendale and their residents tax money....then when the cubs got STATE funding via a $1 tax on ALL Minor league ticket sales....Wow was Jerry upset....Theo Ricketts have really outsmarted Jerry during the tenure.

To be honest, I could give 2 shits how it was done.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:05 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Juiced wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:

I'm with you Ken. I turned on B&B yesterday hoping to hear some fun bad radio and they where talking MLB needing to protect people who are sitting in the stands. I'm not sure how they have turned this into a daily topic. Yes, people need to be protected at games. Solution, add a screen or plastic glass. End Convo. Move on to next topic. But no they go on and on, on top of their soapbox about the dangers of watching a ball game. I PTFB and listened to some GNR. :(

That's how you know it's a Really. Important. Issue.

They are trying to turn you into a smarter fan.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:06 am 

My Dad, my brother and I went to St Louis for the Sox/Cards series. We had fun.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:58 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

To be honest, I could give 2 shits how it was done.

Found it interesting that of any person on the planet to complain about a system that had a municipality paying for any stadium Uncle Jerry is last in that line.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:15 am 

Listening to tranny now.

Vegeteerian

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:58 pm 

redskingreg wrote:
Listening to tranny now.

Vegeteerian

That's another thing: Sir was talking about the quality of food items and began by listing vegetarian and gluten free offerings. Even Uncle Teeeery had to cut him off and laugh at him as those being irrelevant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:08 pm 

I honestly think each stadium should have a fruit stand. Its easy to sell, no prep, huge markup.....grapes and cherries....need noshing food at games....

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:16 pm 

bigfan wrote:
I honestly think each stadium should have a fruit stand. Its easy to sell, no prep, huge markup.....grapes and cherries....need noshing food at games....

Can't you bring your own food to games? Just pack up containers of fruit.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
"pack up containers of fruit?" No.

Not a bad idea, bigfan...but y'know stadiums aren't going to sell perishable items...hence why hot dogs are sold.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:19 pm 

:lol: yeah I can just see it. $10 banana

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
redskingreg wrote:
bigfan wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

Or you'd have balls bouncing off of kids' faces.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
bigfan wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

Jerry got the Dodgers to pay half.