It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Laurence Show
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:31 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
He is too college basketbally tonight. Especially DePaul.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:52 pm 

"Build me a bicycle, clown!"

I don't fucking understand it. I don't want to understand it. The open is a great lead-in to his show considering how awful it is.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
If you have a creemp in your hee-amstring.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Herbie is in the house! Loho's gonna do an ask Herb segment after the break. He took the night off from Uber.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:02 pm 

For all the crap he gets Loho gives me good background noise. Looking forward to hearing what is up with Herb.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:43 pm 

It is the Herb Uber/Lyft show.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:43 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I am able to catch Larry once in a while and was listening last night around 7:45 - 8:15. He had on a newscaster or maybe weather girl from NBC 5 on
for about 20 minutes. It was really odd. He is obviously a friend of hers and her husband but it was just strange to interview her and just listen to their
small talk. I never did catch her name but it was just a strange block of time. I actually was looking forward to him talking to some King Of The Nerds
guy about upcoming superhero movies but I arrived home by that time.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:45 am 

her husband does not feel threatened by her relationship with Sir

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:54 am 

T-Bone wrote:
I am able to catch Larry once in a while and was listening last night around 7:45 - 8:15. He had on a newscaster or maybe weather girl from NBC 5 on
for about 20 minutes. It was really odd. He is obviously a friend of hers and her husband but it was just strange to interview her and just listen to their
small talk. I never did catch her name but it was just a strange block of time. I actually was looking forward to him talking to some King Of The Nerds

Alicia Roman. Weird another NBC weather chick. Anyway was interested to hear she came from a couple towns up from where I live now. But not sports for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:55 am 

good dolphin wrote:
her husband does not feel threatened by her relationship with Sir

Definitely not. When the "King Of The Nerds" came on there was a short homo erotic conversation about how
good looking this woman's husband was. I literally laughed out loud by how insecure these two were with this
guys supposed Adonis-like looks.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:57 am 

The happy couple

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:29 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
T-Bone wrote:
I am able to catch Larry once in a while and was listening last night around 7:45 - 8:15. He had on a newscaster or maybe weather girl from NBC 5 on for about 20 minutes. It was really odd. He is obviously a friend of hers and her husband but it was just strange to interview her and just listen to their small talk. I never did catch her name but it was just a strange block of time.

It almost sounds like he just wanted everyone to know that he's friends with her.

I caught a few minutes last night and he was talking about the University of Chicago football program, how fascinating it is, and how he'd like to tell that story but doesn't have an outlet. He said it's something he'd like to do on Ch. 5.

If only there were other media outlets in 2015 besides network TV! DAMN!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:15 pm 

pizza_Place: None at all
Last night or the night before Laurence said the word marry then stopped and said, "Wait, I meant meeeeeery." I laughed. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Lawrence is the last guy left who at least gives an effort.

He may have little talent, but the poor guy tries.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Lugi's of Hong Kong
T-Bone wrote:

I thought it was odd when he kept asking her if she wanted some more sugar in her tea. #roofie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

....at what ? because it sounds like he is back in HS, still trying to pull in chicks by inviting him to his radio show? Heard KKrul was on last week and I know an ex Scorer who told me once she left, Leary has asked her to come on a few times via text? and cant understand why he didnt ask once while she worked there? and if he is trying to some radiodocumentary about women in broadcasting, I guess Julie Di, isnt up to Leary's standards?

He's fake, he's a pud....and the best contribution to this board by the backstabbing OKC, was some solid quote about Leary, which I will let someone else find.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Weird vowel shifts aside, he does sound like a professional broadcaster on the air, which is not all that common at the Score. When he sticks to sports and doesn't indulge his peccadilloes, he does a solid evening show. He just needs to be kept away from comic books, women, and Dan Bernstein at all costs.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Curious Hair wrote:
Weird vowel shifts aside, he does sound like a professional broadcaster on the air, which is not all that common at the Score. When he sticks to sports and doesn't indulge his peccadilloes, he does a solid evening show. He just needs to be kept away from comic books, women, and Dan Bernstein at all costs.

So his only problems are talking and topics.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:29 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Larry is as about as bad as ya can hear in the major markets, socially awkward guys struggling with their own sexuality is his audience.. Just awful ...as bad as it gets .

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:32 pm 

312player wrote:
Larry is as about as bad as ya can hear in the major markets, socially awkward guys struggling with their own sexuality is his audience.. Just awful ...as bad as it gets .

You listen to Grimace and Slappy lately???

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:38 pm 

bigfan wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

....at what ? because it sounds like he is back in HS, still trying to pull in chicks by inviting him to his radio show? Heard KKrul was on last week and I know an ex Scorer who told me once she left, Leary has asked her to come on a few times via text? and cant understand why he didnt ask once while she worked there? and if he is trying to some radiodocumentary about women in broadcasting, I guess Julie Di, isnt up to Leary's standards?

He's fake, he's a pud....and the best contribution to this board by the backstabbing OKC, was some solid quote about Leary, which I will let someone else find.

shots firing in every direction

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:45 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

shots firing in every direction

Yeah, he had to end that post, I think he was out of bullets.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Curious Hair wrote:

so essentially, to succeed on air, he shouldn't be himself?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:57 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:

Yeah :lol: he's a huge turd ...he's got like 200 minutes to fill a week . he's a nerd, he's odd and can't even speak properly .

He's a huge reason why the station blows.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:58 pm 

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
312player wrote:

You listen to Grimace and Slappy lately???

No sir, I'm no masochistic.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:33 pm 

I don't disagree that Lawrence sucks. I'm saying that I don't think he gets out of his Uber car in front of the building 3 minutes before his show starts. I bet he has a sheet of paper with a plan of how he wants his show to go.

Poor guy tries.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:52 pm 

agreed

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
If we're going to rip Danny Deadspin for showing up to work with no prep other than a scan of that blog and what Jerry Reinsdorf's secretary told him to say, and we sure should, then we have to give Leery some credit for trying to prepare a show, bad as it can be at times. And honestly, his show is adequate for what it is.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:07 pm 

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
I don't disagree that Lawrence sucks. I'm saying that I don't think he gets out of his Uber car in front of the building 3 minutes before his show starts. I bet he has a sheet of paper with a plan of how he wants his show to go.

Poor guy tries.

I agree with ya ,

I think Larry tries really really really hard ..but I dont give a fuck...you either got it or not..he don't ..never has , never will .

The station blows ..I rarely listen ..which sucks . Just get some god damn talent in there .

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

bigfan wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

It's always been weird and creepy with the women guests. His intentions were obvious before he got married. Good to know somebody at the Score acknowledged it. Which means they all think it. But I remember that story you told about a fan you met at a Brewers game. Saying Larry asked a random female caller on a date. A girl whom he had never met in person. That's more weird. Larry ain't right.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next