It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:00 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
No doubt Farmio is a complete pud, with his "If I was pitching...." and "he doesnt want to meet me 1 on 1"...crap...and it sure is fun to mock his uncomfortable style of "broadcasting' between him and his Darren "I do the postgame show from the car" Jackson...

but are we not going to have them to kick around anymore when WLS gets those clips of Radio History?

"Did you see the Bulls are talking to Phil Jackson again?"
"uuuhhh...No"

Will WLS not allow the Score to play that stuff anymore?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
could it be that these two will be FIRED and Rongey will get rewarded for his fellating skills?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:21 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Hatchetman wrote:
could it be that these two will be FIRED and Rongey will get rewarded for his fellating skills?

Not a chance in hell!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
bigfan wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Not a chance in hell!

Phew!! I love those goofy guys. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:30 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
nice BD-esque thread!

Seems unlikely they will play white sox drops once they leave the station. the morning show will have to update their boards to get rid of the 5+ year old drops they still use daily like the phil jackson thing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:32 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
WLS890 would be smart to tell Jerry that they would like to start with a clean broadcasting slate. No Ed, DJ, or Rongey.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:15 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Why would they want to?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:34 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Scorehead wrote:
WLS890 would be smart to tell Jerry that they would like to start with a clean broadcasting slate. No Ed, DJ, or Rongey.

Yep.. Make his dream of driving a windy city limousine a reality.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
They can wheel out... Mike North! For all your pre-, post- and in-game needs

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
While I'm much more of a Cub fan that a White Sox fan, I like listening to baseball games regardless of the team. I have XM in part because of the MLB package.

I hope to hell that Jerry Reinsdorf's minions make Dave Wills an offer he can't refuse to leave Tampa and come back come to Chicago. Ideally, he'd take 62 road games on TV and 100 other games on the radio.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

Of course WLS won't allow it. The SCORE wasn't allowed to play Pat and Ron when they were on WGN. Nor was any other Chicago station. ESPN 1000 can't play Sox radio highlights. Why would this be different?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
312player wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

Yep.. Make his dream of driving a windy city limousine a reality.

:lol:

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:24 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Do we know that WLS has editorial control over the broadcasts? Wouldn't surprise me if Cumulus doesn't even have the option to remove guys in Weird Jerry's inner sanctum. With 890 in the shitter the way it is, they might have approached this negotiation with even less leverage than the White Sox.

Maybe Jerry Reinsdorf can CLOSE. BUSINESS. DEALS. with Dan Bernstein whereby the Score can use Farmio clips in exchange for random acts of Bulls/Sox verbal fellatio, but why buy the cow when you get the milk for free?

bigfan wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Not a chance in hell!

Like so many other boring white guys, Rongey will wind up somewhere in the Cardinals organization.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:55 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
http://www.royalsreview.com/2015/7/19/8 ... the-royals

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:20 am 

The White Sox are their employers and WSCR by consent gets to rebroadcast their clips. When the contract ends so will the consent.

What could become interesting is if Jerry wakes up and decides to let better professionals promote his product (specifically White Sox) and WLS puts together something of a sports talker or two. Local in content with guys who are set to take on (down) WSCR and an emphasis upon callers. Sure, there will be a few more meatballs to hear but the landscape is prime for such an action.

87.7 suffered from a recycling of product and a lack of billboards. There was nothing new or fresh about their approach and thus nothing compelling to force a listen. With WLS carrying two teams (which equals year round programming) there is the chance to either reinvent or create something new.

Wife and I listened to 87.7 on a drive over the weekend, she likes it and for me the playlist is ecclectic enough to be listenable. The billboards don't hurt either as they're consistent with the packaging and presentation of the product. Their latest ratings proves that create the right product and you too will get ears that listen.