It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 763 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 26  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:47 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
If I could play just, just meet me somewhere off of the freeway and we could head straight up. It is not that far from here. Might want to clear that with the wife though first T-bone. :D

My calendar is clear that day. If you can golf then we can probably make it happen. My wife is cool with me golfing whenever I want during the season. I have a feeling I will
need to pay my penance during the off season. :eye:

:lol:

I will know for sure tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:35 am 

Looking forward to an all of the sudden round of golf with T-bone, Shake and Mrs. Shakes this Saturday up in Fond du Lac.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:35 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Hawg Ass wrote:
Looking forward to an all of the sudden round of golf with T-bone, Shake and Mrs. Shakes this Saturday up in Fond du Lac.

Interesting in playing a course I have never seen and hanging out. Most interested to see what kind of woman has the intestinal fortitude to get
married to and deal with a guy like shakes on a daily basis. :mrgreen: Should be fun.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:37 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

Interesting in playing a course I have never seen and hanging out. Most interested to see what kind of woman has the intestinal fortitude to get
married to and deal with a guy like shakes on a daily basis. :mrgreen: Should be fun.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:59 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:08 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:

yep, that came together rather quickly last night. Looking forward to hanging with you guys and trying out a new course. If we got time I know a good burger bar in town, http://www.fatjoesbarandgrill.com/, went there last year on the way back from Kohler. Also, this place...owned by the guy who owns the golf course, supposed to be best place in town.... http://www.visitbackyard.com/#_=_

The wife is still learning the game, but she plays fast, picks up if she's taking too many shots and knows all the etiquette.

Last edited by shakes on Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:11 am 

shakes wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

yep, that came together rather quickly last night. Looking forward to hanging with you guys and trying out a new course. If we got time I know a good burger bar in town, http://www.fatjoesbarandgrill.com/, went there last year on the way back from Kohler.

The wife is still learning the game, but she plays fast, picks up if she's taking too many shots and knows all the etiquette.

Not a concern at all.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:21 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
shakes wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

yep, that came together rather quickly last night. Looking forward to hanging with you guys and trying out a new course. If we got time I know a good burger bar in town, http://www.fatjoesbarandgrill.com/, went there last year on the way back from Kohler.

Not a concern at all.

We are more concerned about your on course etiquette :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:37 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
shakes wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

Not a concern at all.

We are more concerned about your on course etiquette :wink:

On that note, please don't tell my wife that "Blowjobs for Birdies" cart partner etiquette isn't a real thing.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:37 am 

Good to know I am riding with her. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:45 am 

I knew that was coming the second I hit submit.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:08 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
shakes wrote:

Try not to drag tooth on T-Bone.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:12 am 

Chus wrote:
shakes wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:12 am 

Chus wrote:
shakes wrote:

he just got married so I assume he enjoys pain.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:23 pm 

shakes wrote:
Chus wrote:
shakes wrote:

he just got married so I assume he enjoys pain.

Playing with you should do the trick :eye: :lol: ( not like you to leave your guard hand down like this shakey )

actually looking forward to seeing the retooled shakes game and new sticks in the bag.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:25 am 

Just read in the paper that on Tuesday the golf pro at the courses I usually play shot a 27 on the back nine of one of the courses including a
double eagle on a very difficult par 5. :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:27 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Just read in the paper that on Tuesday the golf pro at the courses I usually play shot a 27 on the back nine of one of the courses including a
double eagle on a very difficult par 5. :shock:

Damn, I don't care where you are playing shooting 27 is crazy. What's his name?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:31 am 

The par 5 he double eagled is 600 yards long and he put it in from about 300 with a wind aided 3 wood.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:37 am 

T-Bone wrote:
The par 5 he double eagled is 600 yards long and he put it in from about 300 with a wind aided 3 wood.

I don't know also about the courses down by you, but up here they are getting hard. The roll out is pretty crazy.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:44 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I don't know also about the courses down by you, but up here they are getting hard. The roll out is pretty crazy.

I sent you the article. He mentioned that he got quite a bit of help from the ground. We haven't gotten any rain lately. I believe we have gotten measureable
rain maybe twice in the last month.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:00 am 

T-Bone wrote:

That is insane. The best shot that I have ever seen was by my buddy a couple years back. On the par 5, 10th hole at Bolingbrook, he holed out from 232 yards, with a 3 iron.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:03 am 

Chus wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

That is insane. The best shot that I have ever seen was by my buddy a couple years back. On the par 5, 10th hole at Bolingbrook, he holed out from 232 yards, with a 3 iron.

That is pretty awesome. I can't remember a time when I was actually close to holing out for double eagle.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:06 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Chus wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

That is pretty awesome. I can't remember a time when I was actually close to holing out for double eagle.

The worst part about it was that I got a par, but still lost three strokes. :lol:

<º)))><

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:31 am 

Chus wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I think the best shot I ever saw was T-bone's buddy a couple years ago in a scramble when he went driver-driver off the deck (to 8 feet)- putt for a solo eagle on #9 par 5 at Shepherd's Crook.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:57 am 

shakes wrote:
Chus wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I think the best shot I ever saw was T-bone's buddy a couple years ago in a scramble when he went driver-driver off the deck (to 8 feet)- putt for a solo eagle on #9 par 5 at Shepherd's Crook.

My guy will go driver off the deck, if he needs to. I would never attempt that.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:18 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
27 is insanely good. Even at a Par 3 course that would be fairly impressive.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:26 am 

shakes wrote:
Chus wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I don't remember that at all. I played in so many scrambles with those guys I can't remember much about any of them.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:17 am 

Played a nice course up in Fond du Lac with shakes, Mrs Shakes and Hawger. The weather couldn't have been any nicer and other than some
very slow play on the front nine it was a very enjoyable round of golf. As for my play it was not what it should have been. I made a couple
of nice birdies on the front which saved my score going out but coming in to the clubhouse it was a struggle as I airmailed 3 greens and
on #16 I shanked two straight right out of bounds leading to a quintuple bogey 9. 38-47 85

Yesterday got out early and played one of my home courses. Despite starting double, double, par, triple bogey, I parred out the rest of
the nine for a 43. Back nine I doubled a par 3 after topping it into the water but played one under the final 4 holes for a 39 and an 82 total.
Making big numbers is the latest thing I need to avoid. I am putting much better but still can't avoid a handful of 3 putts. Hopefully
things will improve next weekend.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:03 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Played a nice course up in Fond du Lac with shakes, Mrs Shakes and Hawger. The weather couldn't have been any nicer and other than some
very slow play on the front nine it was a very enjoyable round of golf. As for my play it was not what it should have been. I made a couple
of nice birdies on the front which saved my score going out but coming in to the clubhouse it was a struggle as I airmailed 3 greens and
on #16 I shanked two straight right out of bounds leading to a quintuple bogey 9. 38-47 85

Yesterday got out early and played one of my home courses. Despite starting double, double, par, triple bogey, I parred out the rest of
the nine for a 43. Back nine I doubled a par 3 after topping it into the water but played one under the final 4 holes for a 39 and an 82 total.
Making big numbers is the latest thing I need to avoid. I am putting much better but still can't avoid a handful of 3 putts. Hopefully
things will improve next weekend.

Really enjoyed Saturday, just wish I could figure my irons. Drove the ball very well and couldn't hit even a decent iron shot. Ended up with a smooth 83, looking forward to this Saturday playing with T-bone and Hawg Jr.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:42 am 

Another great weekend of golf up in Wisconsin. Started it out by playing Lawsonia Friday in 30 mph winds. Balls were oscillating on the greens, flagsticks were sideways in the wind. Started out with 5 bogeys and never really recovered...ended up 43-41-84 with all pars and bogeys.

Next day was the outing in Fond Du Lac with T-bone and Hawg. Had a great time hanging with those guys and really appreciate the patience they showed with my wife who's pretty new to the game. Course was in fantastic shape....but unfortunately my game wasn't. Had my worst round of the year, 44-49-93. First time in the 90s since mid May, early in the season. Didn't have a single good iron shot till my last iron shot of the day on 18, a 105 yard gap wedge that nearly holed out. Had a few good hybrids, but other than that pretty much everything else was terrible. Still managed to have a great time due to the company, but spent the rest of the day upset with myself for the total lack of focus I had in the round. The fact that I was able to have such a good shot on 18 when I really beared down and said to myself that I was going to finally have a good shot only emphasized to me how bad my focus was on the other 92 shots that day.

Decided to get up early and play Lawsonia yesterday. Needed to rebound after Saturday's disaster. Got to the course at 8:12 and was told I could jump in with a two some at 8:20 or wait til 10. So jumped in with no warmup. Got up and down on 1 for a par. On #2 had a great drive and was 120 out, setting up my favorite shot on the course....I know from experience that the way to approach #2 is to land the ball at the end of the right side of the fairway where it will take the slope and bounce on to the green. Exectuted it perfectly and watched the ball roll up to 3 inches for a tap in birdie. Parred 3 and 4 before bogeying the par 5 5th with a 3 putt from 30 feet. On 6 I landed a 199 yard 4 hybrid 4 feet in front of the pin...it rolled out to 15 feet and I got par. Next hole, the famous par 3 boxcar hole with a green that is elevated 25 feet and built on top of an old railroad box car. Hit it fat and was short of the green with a straight up 25 foot pitch. Got up and down for an impressive par. Next hole the wind started picking up. Short par 4 with the wind, went D-Gap wedge and then sunk the 15 foot birdie putt to go to -1 through 8. Never in my life have I played 9 holes at even par, let alone under par. Perfect drive on 9 with a tough left to right wind and tons of trouble on the r. Perfect hybrid and i was 85 yards out, needing only a 5 to finish -1. Of course I choked and shanked a SW almost OB and short sided myself with a bunker between me and the green. Great chip left me a 10 footer which I lipped out so ended with a bogey and my first ever even par 9 holes.

Back 9 the winds kicked up to about 20 mph and from the west which is a terrible wind for the back nine. The only holes where it is at your back are two short par 3s. Struggled big time with club selection and the wind the rest of the way. On #17 which is usually a D-9i, I went D-4 hybrid and came up 10 yards short. Scuffed my way to a 43 on the back to shoot a 79, a great bounce back from Saturday's fiasco.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 763 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 26  Next