It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:18 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Not really enjoying these two be pissed the Bears hid White's status. Maybe I am just used to it from hockey but so what. Also alluding to the fact that Chicago media are somehow better and deserving of more than Charlotte, NO and Denver.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:35 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Goff said Bears' brass "learned their lesson" with how they handled this. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:16 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Holy shit. Please tell me I didn't just hear Big Perp say he does Peapod for groceries because he's too busy / not enough time.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:48 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
badrogue17 wrote:
Holy shit. Please tell me I didn't just hear Big Perp say he does Peapod for groceries because he's too busy / not enough time.

Let's see you find time to go grocery shopping when you work four hours a day, five days a week!

He and Laurence are two of the most delusional people I've ever heard in my life.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:54 am 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
badrogue17 wrote:

If he did, there's at least a week of free delivery to the Purple Palace...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:55 am 

badrogue17 wrote:

Peapod had to upgrade its truck to fill his orders.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:55 am 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
badrogue17 wrote:

If he did, there's at least a week of free delivery to the Purple Palace...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:56 am 
1000 CLUB

pittmike wrote:
Not really enjoying these two be pissed the Bears hid White's status. Maybe I am just used to it from hockey but so what. Also alluding to the fact that Chicago media are somehow better and deserving of more than Charlotte, NO and Denver.

I don't know what Goff is talking about. With a few exceptions, Chicago sports media sucks. They're stupid and soft in their coverage. You read some of our columnists? Dumb. When it comes to the Bears, most scoops are gotten by national media. Not by the guys who are around this team every day. Except for Biggs. He'll get something every now and then. Of course, Bernstein will make up something every now and then as well.

I think most of the media in town are pretty much just fan boys and girls.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

Like with this White thing. Why is it a shock to our local media? Ed Werder reported he could miss the season like a week ago.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
love him or hate him, cowley is the only beat guy willing to write stories that make management look bad. the rest of the beat guys sit on stuff for fear of losing their ownership sources. wittenmeyer tries to break "negative" stories on the cubs ownership (debt service??) but looks foolish doing so.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
The Chicago sports media is so lazy.

Only Bernstein has his own sources.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:08 pm 

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
The Chicago sports media is so lazy.

Only Bernstein has his own sources.

which are all management sources.... who have motive to leak info that benefits management.... bernsein has never broke a story that came from a player source

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

Zaidman and KC Johnson are absolute shills. I get it with Zack. He works for the Bears. Why KC feels the need to be Paxon's PR guy I'll never understand. Must be good friends with him.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:24 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Zaidman and KC Johnson are absolute shills. I get it with Zack. He works for the Bears. Why KC feels the need to be Paxon's PR guy I'll never understand. Must be good friends with him.

it's so KC can break stories on things that happened 3 years ago... as long as Pax OK's the release of that info first of course.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
The show is way off the rails. One segment is more than enough on the all important topic of participation trophies. What's next, the Evanston tee ball playoffs?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
denisdman wrote:
The show is way off the rails. One segment is more than enough on the all important topic of participation trophies.

Do brothers get participation trophies?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Curious Hair wrote:
denisdman wrote:
The show is way off the rails. One segment is more than enough on the all important topic of participation trophies.

I dunno about that, but I think these callers need participation trophies. Apparently people have a lot of thoughts on this national issue. That last caller sounded really creepy.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:26 pm 

I turned on the show for about 10 mins today and hear meatpants talking about how he lettered in tennis and could still play a mean game of doubles tennis.

:lol: :lol:

Yeah that is about as likely as Bernsie turning around a 95mph fastball

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
Newman from Seinfeld was a wonderful tennis player.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
DannyB wrote:

Newman's athleticism was on full display when he ran, at an angle, out into the street. You know the episode I'm talking about.

The guy was light on his feet.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
RFDC wrote:
I turned on the show for about 10 mins today and hear meatpants talking about how he lettered in tennis and could still play a mean game of doubles tennis.

:lol: :lol:

If Meat is playing solo, its already doubles.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
badrogue17 wrote:

People who say they dont have enough time, always have enough time.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Juiced wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Peapod had to upgrade its truck to fill his orders.

:lol:

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
denisdman wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
denisdman wrote:

I dunno about that, but I think these callers need participation trophies. Apparently people have a lot of thoughts on this national issue. That last caller sounded really creepy.

This is a blog entry I really like about participation trophies:

Quote:
I'm going to tell you a secret about kids who got the medals that said "participant" on them: we know we weren't the best that day. Some were not the best any day. A whole lot of us were there anyway because we loved what we were doing, and we wanted to get better. Hell, I knew a 6 year old--this was over a decade ago, she's an adult now--who refused to take her first place trophy because she didn't even meet the requirements of her level, but all her competition fell attempting to do so. To us, the medal was an acknowledgement that we put in effort.

You know who got really intense about the trophies? Parents. My mother, at least, had it in her head that if a child is not succeeding at a sport, that child should not do that sport. It doesn't matter if they are enjoying themselves. What matters is that they are bringing home awards; if you can't possibly be the best, she said, why participate at all? It's like "because it's fun" never occurred to her, or many of the adults hanging around.

Participation awards convinced my mother that we were 'good enough' to continue in the sports of our choosing. We were succeeding! Look at the trophy! My first year competing tumbling, I was mediocre. Had I not come home from the first meet with a trophy, my mother would have yanked me out. Five months later I got 8th at State & qualified to Nationals. Six weeks after that I got 6th at Nationals. Many years after that I got 3rd at Nationals. But without the participation trophies, which to my parents meant success, I wouldn't have had the chance to get the real benefits from my chosen sport.

Things like strength. Things like perseverance. Things like learning to lose and win gracefully. Things like goal setting. Things like learning to cope with a bad day. Building frustration tolerance skills. In my case, building enough physical dexterity to move relatively gracefully through space. Friendships. Knowing how to compete with someone without them being The Enemy. Focus. Comfort in front of an audience. Poise. Working through fear.

It wasn't about the trophies, and I suspect it wasn't for most of my generation in the various activities we pursued. I had a lot of trophies. Some were even pretty impressive. The only one I was sad to have to leave when I moved?

It was the one that my coaches nominated me for & coaches & judges voted on. It wasn't for being a great athlete (I was pretty good. I wasn't Athlete of the Year material). It was for...sportsmanship, setting a good example for younger competitors, perseverance, grace in both victory and defeat.

It was for the things that mattered.

But I never would have gotten to that place without participation trophies because of the old idea that sports are only for the most gifted of athletes. Most of the people I did sports with? We did it because we liked it. Not for the trophy or medal. And we knew which trophies and medals really stood for something.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Matches Malone wrote:
DannyB wrote:

Newman's athleticism was on full display when he ran, at an angle, out into the street. You know the episode I'm talking about.

:lol:

-Hank Kingsley