It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Were you still in town when they did an old-school hip-hop/dance hour in mid-mornings? Would have been summer of '95, I think, before Eddie and JoBo came back. They must have played "White Lines" a lot, because the first time I knowingly heard it years later, it felt like it was somewhere in my subconscious already.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

bigfan wrote:
Darkside wrote:
I get the distinct impression Maddon doesn't like Jason very much.

Agree, I think Jason got to giggly with Maddon too quick. What I did like from Maddon is that it shows the guy really wants to talk baseball. I think he lmost ignores Jason's wisecracks now and keeps explaining stuff.

I thiink he really likes Spiegs baseball geekness...and the music thing....

I could see how Maddon would instantly hate Goff. I mean he has no idea who Goff is. So when it's constant cracking wise and laughing at nothing like a mad man, the hippie manager has to be like "Dude, what's wrong with you?"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:12 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Curious Hair wrote:
Were you still in town when they did an old-school hip-hop/dance hour in mid-mornings? Would have been summer of '95, I think, before Eddie and JoBo came back. They must have played "White Lines" a lot, because the first time I knowingly heard it years later, it felt like it was somewhere in my subconscious already.

I was still there but no way I listened to that stuff unless it was a saturday night with a goal or someone had it with them.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
bigfan wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Agree, I think Jason got to giggly with Maddon too quick. What I did like from Maddon is that it shows the guy really wants to talk baseball. I think he lmost ignores Jason's wisecracks now and keeps explaining stuff.

I thiink he really likes Spiegs baseball geekness...and the music thing....

Ha, man, looks like Goff didn't take too long to alienate himself from a local teams head honcho!

Holy smoley!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:21 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Regular Reader wrote:
Darkside wrote:

I'm curious as to why you think so. I'm pretty much back into my pattern of not really listening to the station.

I dunno. It's hard to explain. It's the tone of his voice when he responds to him. Listen to the podcast and listen to how he responds to Goffs dickwittery about Chase Utley.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Darkside wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Darkside wrote:

I'm curious as to why you think so. I'm pretty much back into my pattern of not really listening to the station.

I dunno. It's hard to explain. It's the tone of his voice when he responds to him. Listen to the podcast and listen to how he responds to Goffs dickwittery about Chase Utley.

I heard that today (Hoping to be there!) and while I do think Madden slipped, kinda felt as if there might have been some grey areas that Joe didnt want to get into, like taking specifically about Utley by name and Goff kept going there, even in a joking manner....

there was no doubt Maddon wanted to move on to the next topic and Jason didnt get it.....started to get uncomfortable at one point and I could see Maddon saying something like "hey, why dont we try it with one guy asking me questions, the 2 guys thing was a bit much" As Joe seems to be very diplomatic in his statements....that is if he will ever do it again.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:02 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
When he saw that the one guy he thought he liked was 500 lbs, I think he had enough.