It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 5:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
didea wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
If Mitch was smart he would have brought North back to The Score and paired him with OB. Instead he decides on Hub, Big Cat and Kreutz.

FACT: North would have been invited back to the Score, but the current hosts overall said NO. Dont know exactly who said NO...maybe all, but enough to stop any further discussions from management.

You'd have to bet it was Bernstein/Holmes/Speigel/Goff - the group who really dislike callers, believe they are smarter than everyone else, hate the old Score personality. Again, who really wants to hang out with this group?

Just my guesses

Mully and Hanley - OK with it, as long as it wasnt for their jobs, which I dont think it would be, those guys are entrenched very well. Like it or not.
Spiegs - Gonna say was OK with it at first, but then realized it might be his job...so has to vote no.
Goff - Says nothing, writes anonymous letter to Mitch.
Terry - Bring it on!!!!!!
Bernstein - No way in hell!
Leary- They didnt ask him, but he made it known he would quit! Mitch just says OK.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Barnaby's
Scorehead wrote:
If Mitch was smart he would have brought North back to The Score and paired him with OB. Instead he decides on Hub, Big Cat and Kreutz.

I don’t know if it was The Score’s decision or if it was OB’s decision to part ways. But I do know that OB and Dan Hampton are good friends. In fact, OB gave the HOF induction speech for Hampton. So it wasn’t really a surprise when it was announced that OB is going to be partnered with Dan Hampton on the WGN720 Bears postgame show.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
bigfan wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

FACT: North would have been invited back to the Score, but the current hosts overall said NO. Dont know exactly who said NO...maybe all, but enough to stop any further discussions from management.

North is currently employed on a rival sports network (Fox Sports Radio). Would The Score want to give him a local voice? Would Fox Sports be OK with it?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Scorehead wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

North knew Dan Lee and Seth Mason becore they started The Score...and North was the guy who convinced them to start an all sports radio station, which he had been telling them for a year or so.
That's how North got a job on the station - not the reason why one was created.

Not true. I'll post the history later if I remember.
You're probably referencing Norths own bio which claims he suggested the idea of a "sports show" to staff of Diamond Broadcasting. North subsequently bought air time for an NFL handicap show. Two years later The Score was launched. I'd call it a bit of a stretch to say The Score was created because of a suggestion made by a loud-mouthed hot dog vendor several years prior.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

North knew Dan Lee and Seth Mason becore they started The Score...and North was the guy who convinced them to start an all sports radio station, which he had been telling them for a year or so.
That's how North got a job on the station - not the reason why one was created.

Not true. I'll post the history later if I remember.
You're probably referencing Norths own bio which claims he suggested the idea of a "sports show" to staff of Diamond Broadcasting. North subsequently bought air time for an NFL handicap show. Two years later The Score was launched. I'd call it a bit of a stretch to say The Score was created because of a suggestion made by a loud-mouthed hot dog vendor several years prior.

You can find the history of The Score on the CBS website and it states that North had been suggesting that Lee and Mason start an all sports radio station.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:26 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
bigfan wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

Well, if that's true, they could probably use some kind of manager-type person to make decisions.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

No kidding. What kind of boss does that? Cuz like Big Fan said, one or more of the hosts that you ask will lose their job if they said "yes" to the return of North. Cuz North isn't coming back to do weekends with Shepkowski. Unless it was for Bears postgame. But once he's doing that, you know he would have Mitch's ear to get back to a weekday slot.

Bernstein is safe. Boers is gone. But no way you could pair North with Bernstein obviously. Sure as hell couldn't pair North with Goff. The first racist comment and Goff would knock him out while they're on the air. Cuz that's what brothers do according to Goff. Spiegel and North wouldn't work either. Mully and Hanley are safe like Big Fan said.

So it would be Goff and Spiegel getting fired to make room for North.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:04 pm 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
bigfan wrote:
didea wrote:
I think this may work -= North attracts your basic fan, and the others may not. really, hi care what Big cat Williams or Kruetz has to say?

The only thing this show will need to succeed is......more billboards!!

It will keep the core Drive listeners and they have them....but if they are going Post Game, they should go pre game.

Pre Game shows are damned boring. Basically you need one person to give you information for 15 minutes, not two hours of useless bullshit.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:30 pm 

bigfan wrote:
Aggravated Sox Fan Bob wrote:
I am thrilled for Mike North. The guy was the cutting edge when THE SCORE began. He went off the tracks. Time for redemption. This will be hysterical. The Bears are going to suck, and North will crucify them.

Gonna ask about this one.

There is no doubt that North morphed into a World Class delusional asshole at WSCR. Full of himself and full of shit.

Radio version of Blago. Narcissistic goof.

HOWEVER........if he has learned anything from that experience...if he has humbled himself and realized nobody gives a fuck about his politics...his VEGAS bullshit... and comes back to his Chicago Greaser Dropout act....he will succeed.

I don't need to hear Mongo or Hampton. 5 minutes per season is enough of them.

North started believing his own bullshit at WSCR..... THE BIG MAN.....the door hit him in the ass on the way out. Wonder if Reinsdorf, who just put North in the palm of his hand, has had any contact with Mike in the last decade or so? I DOUBT IT, unless North is looking for some sort of comped parking or a Patio pass.

The thought remains in my mind that if Mike North has toned down his BIG TIMING and his EGO, he will make a HUGE COMEBACK with this Bears post game. If he remains his own worst enemy, this is a bust.

I wish him luck. He has done his time. Let's see how he does on parole.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:34 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

Well, if that's true, they could probably use some kind of manager-type person to make decisions.

Cant just go and make a decision to bring someone in that most if not all, wont get along with. Thus you look into it and decide not to go with it. I would have liked to seen Northy back as a regular employee, the place needs it, but unless you have a full lineup that your station can afford you dont make the move.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

bigfan wrote:
Cant just go and make a decision to bring someone in that most if not all, wont get along with. Thus you look into it and decide not to go with it. I would have liked to seen Northy back as a regular employee, the place needs it, but unless you have a full lineup that your station can afford you dont make the move.

You've said that most people at the Score don't get along with Bernstein. Doesn't stop Mitch and Zim from renewing his contract a 3 or 4 times already.

But I get your point with North. Mitch is bringing him in again. Bernstein has been there and has built up the hate from co workers. It's different. I get it.

I still don't get why Mitch had to ask when he knew the answer. He had to know Bernstein would say "no". Thus that's the position of all of his clones. Seems like common sense.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:50 pm 

Beardown wrote:
bigfan wrote:

You've said that most people at the Score don't get along with Bernstein. Doesn't stop Mitch and Zim from renewing his contract a 3 or 4 times already.

But I get your point with North. Mitch is bringing him in again. Bernstein has been there and has built up the hate from co workers. It's different. I get it.

I still don't get why Mitch had to ask when he knew the answer. He had to know Bernstein would say "no". Thus that's the position of all of his clones. Seems like common sense.

I think we all know the last guy to confront someone is Bernstein. Bernstein takes care of things the old fashion way...he tattles.

Not liking someone and not being able to get along with someone are very different things.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

True. But has Mitch heard the years of B&B mocking North? Not just since he left. They did it while he was there.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:01 pm 

A Loho hosted postgame show would get higher ratings. It's sad but true. You old farts need to forget the North glory days. They're never coming back

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

North is currently employed on a rival sports network (Fox Sports Radio). Would The Score want to give him a local voice? Would Fox Sports be OK with it?

North would leave Fox in a heartbeat.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

Last edited by Scorehead on Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:05 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

North would leave Fox.in a heartbeat.

North would bag groceries if Jewel was willing to hire him.

Last edited by Douchebag on Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:20 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
bigfan wrote:
I am thrilled for Mike North. The guy was the cutting edge when THE SCORE began. He went off the tracks. Time for redemption. This will be hysterical. The Bears are going to suck, and North will crucify them.

Gonna ask about this one.

There is no doubt that North morphed into a World Class delusional asshole at WSCR. Full of himself and full of shit.

Radio version of Blago. Narcissistic goof.

HOWEVER........if he has learned anything from that experience...if he has humbled himself and realized nobody gives a fuck about his politics...his VEGAS bullshit... and comes back to his Chicago Greaser Dropout act....he will succeed.

I don't need to hear Mongo or Hampton. 5 minutes per season is enough of them.

North started believing his own bullshit at WSCR..... THE BIG MAN.....the door hit him in the ass on the way out. Wonder if Reinsdorf, who just put North in the palm of his hand, has had any contact with Mike in the last decade or so? I DOUBT IT, unless North is looking for some sort of comped parking or a Patio pass.

The thought remains in my mind that if Mike North has toned down his BIG TIMING and his EGO, he will make a HUGE COMEBACK with this Bears post game. If he remains his own worst enemy, this is a bust.

I wish him luck. He has done his time. Let's see how he does on parole.

Well said Bob.

I hope Mike has learned from past mistakes.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:02 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
A Loho hosted postgame show would get higher ratings. It's sad but true. You old farts need to forget the North glory days. They're never coming back

Learys ratings would be equal to Sheps ratings. You should get numbers on the Citys top sports station after a Bears game....just open up the phone lines and get an ex Bear in the studio.

The fact your station lets you do another show, on essentially what is your competiton...well, that might be the first hint they are OK with you leaving????...Then again, not really sure what 120 sports is, or if it is real anything more than a content filler for other websites.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

I don't get what 120 is either. So Larry does a morning show for a male demo. Guys turn on their local sports radio as they get ready for work. Maybe they'll turn on sportscenter before work. Are people really dialing up Larry on the internet before work? No.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:18 am 

Will David Hernandez sponsor the post game show featuring Pappy?

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:26 am 

Beardown wrote:
I don't get what 120 is either. So Larry does a morning show for a male demo. Guys turn on their local sports radio as they get ready for work. Maybe they'll turn on sportscenter before work. Are people really dialing up Larry on the internet before work? No.

The intent was to create content, with SHOWS. I dont think the shows get anyone listening or tuning in.

The issue is that they sell content to other websites. ADHD generation stories. 30 second video clips. Quick stories, etc etc...and that is making them some money, it wasnt the plan, but thats what is working. Shockingly, Leary has not attracted anyone. Now, to kind of defend leary here...that should be a shocker......but Leary got the job so he could cross promote his 120 gig on the Score.

Well, after 2 weeks of Leary spouting off with his usual 20 minutes of all the ways you can reach him, or dropping the 120 sports gig mention every five minutes, the bosses said...."hey, Buddy, in case you missed it, we have a morning show that we dont want you telling people to turn off our radio station"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:57 am 

blame obama. the feds subsidized the deployment of the cellular networks but they did not give free access to everyone like they did when AM/FM was deployed.

we all should have free internet radio access through the cell networks. the entire cellular backbone should be federally subsidized on an annual basis like it is in other countries. give a few gigs of free data to all cell plans, and have free unlimited radio station access. we could eliminate FM bands at that point and use that spectrum for better uses.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
IkeSouth wrote:
blame obama. the feds subsidized the deployment of the cellular networks but they did not give free access to everyone like they did when AM/FM was deployed.

we all should have free internet radio access through the cell networks. the entire cellular backbone should be federally subsidized on an annual basis like it is in other countries. give a few gigs of free data to all cell plans, and have free unlimited radio station access. we could eliminate FM bands at that point and use that spectrum for better uses.

Norway is switching to all Digital Audio Broadcasting in a couple of years. Reading up on it, it sounds far superior to analog FM.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:29 pm 

i havent used FM radio in years. i put a hotspot in my truck and that was that. all music and radio stations can be accessed through that. it works great, doesnt go out under bridges and very rarely get buffering... but for the pitiful cellular network the sates have im surprised it works as well as it does.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

bigfan wrote:
Beardown wrote:

The intent was to create content, with SHOWS. I dont think the shows get anyone listening or tuning in.

The issue is that they sell content to other websites. ADHD generation stories. 30 second video clips. Quick stories, etc etc...and that is making them some money, it wasnt the plan, but thats what is working. Shockingly, Leary has not attracted anyone. Now, to kind of defend leary here...that should be a shocker......but Leary got the job so he could cross promote his 120 gig on the Score.

Well, after 2 weeks of Leary spouting off with his usual 20 minutes of all the ways you can reach him, or dropping the 120 sports gig mention every five minutes, the bosses said...."hey, Buddy, in case you missed it, we have a morning show that we dont want you telling people to turn off our radio station"

Got it. Yeah. I see those 120 videos pop up on some sites. I never click on them.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:43 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
IkeSouth wrote:
i havent used FM radio in years. i put a hotspot in my truck and that was that. all music and radio stations can be accessed through that. it works great, doesnt go out under bridges and very rarely get buffering... but for the pitiful cellular network the sates have im surprised it works as well as it does.

What does something like that cost?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:07 pm 

312player wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

What does something like that cost?

nothing. i bought a freedompop u770 modem, for like $25, and it comes with 500MB free data every month. i have it set to where if i go over 500MB it just stops working. if i have a few days left before the next month, then i just turn on my regular phones tether which that plan has like 2.5GB every month so i never run out

with 500MB a month, if all you do is listen to 32kb score or fox sports radio streaming, you wont run out. even if you listen for an hour every day to and from work. its when you start streaming high quality audio that racks up the data. whatever you do- dont install spotify!! it precaches every time it connects to the net, so even if you dont listen to it all of a sudden 30MB are gone :?

i have a 7" tablet in the dash of my truck, so everything is built in. and i have the hotspot setup to automatically turn on and off with the engine... so again there is no interaction needed once you turn on the car, it auto connects to cell data, throws out a wifi hotspot and the tablet auto connects to it. just press what stream/station you want.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
And there's the radio advantage. It's free.

But you had a point about subsidizing data plans if this is the way we're heading. The airwaves belong to the public, right? That's what the FCC told us for years. If that's the case, then when we start using the 88-107 stretch of the FM spectrum for other stuff, access had better be free.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:02 pm 

like i said, curious, there are free data plans out there... with a limit but still....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:15 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Beardown wrote:
The first racist comment and Goff would knock him out while they're on the air. Cuz that's what brothers do according to Goff.

Goff knows guys that would knock him out and then immediately buy the guy some PPO Select healthcare coverage to get that shit taken care of.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next