It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Scorehead wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
If Mitch was smart he would have brought North back to The Score and paired him with OB. Instead he decides on Hub, Big Cat and Kreutz.

FACT: North would have been invited back to the Score, but the current hosts overall said NO. Dont know exactly who said NO...maybe all, but enough to stop any further discussions from management.

North is currently employed on a rival sports network (Fox Sports Radio). Would The Score want to give him a local voice? Would Fox Sports be OK with it?

North would leave Fox in a heartbeat.

Why would he leave, if he has more listeners than Bernstein?

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
I'm boycotting all postgame shows as an homage to my guy Doug.

I'm only now realizing how much I miss Doug. He's been a part of my Bear viewing/listening for the better part of 40yrs. I watched him as a player and enjoyed him as an analyst.

It's hard for me to think about Bear football sans Doug Buffone.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:10 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
On North's show, callers should try to slip in a "WEBIO", like those guys yell BABABOOEY at the golf course.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:23 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Mr. Reason wrote:
I'm boycotting all postgame shows as an homage to my guy Doug.

I'm only now realizing how much I miss Doug. He's been a part of my Bear viewing/listening for the better part of 40yrs. I watched him as a player and enjoyed him as an analyst.

It's hard for me to think about Bear football sans Doug Buffone.

Pretty much my boat. The first year I remember was 1971 (the Chuck Hughes game being the oldest image I remember, but I'd probably been watching all season). Don't remember a Bears' football world without Buffone.

If North tries to channel Buffone after losses, it's going to come off horribly.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Douchebag wrote:
A Loho hosted postgame show would get higher ratings. It's sad but true. You old farts need to forget the North glory days. They're never coming back

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:02 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
This is so crappy it just. might. work. But what if I'm bummed after a Bears loss and I want to cheer up by listening to "Don't Stop" by Fleetwood Mac and "Somebody's Baby" by Jackson Browne? Other than Pandora, Spotify, youtube, my external hard drive, and three other radio stations in the market, where do I turn?

Hopefully in traffic.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:50 am 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
Yup. Without North there is no WSCR 820, 1160, 670.
That's BS. There was a growing market for Sportstalk radio throughout the country and the Score filled it locally. Timing was perfect and it would have succeeded regardless. North did help gain them publicity and perhaps sped up the process but his value in the big picture is over-rated.

not true

The guy reconfigured sports talk in this city.

The Score was poised to follow in the Coppock mold of being the mouthpiece for management. Terry, Shaer, Hanley etc. were all happy to be continue the paradigm of being the all knowing high priests who were received word from on high and delivered it to the ignorant masses. North flipped it and suddenly talk radio was the means for the fans perspective to get to the teams. Mac was quick to follow this lead and boom THE VOICE OF THE FAN was born.
I new you'd chime in with this thought...you're very consistent. I respectfully disagree with your recollection of how things went down however. I listened from day 1 pretty much from when they went on the air to til the sunset shutdown (During the week only. I rarely tuned in on weekends). The Score was the voice of the fan from day 1, regardless of your perception of the hosts. The shows back then were heavily reliant on input from callers. They drove the shows and topics. North did bring a different perspective to the table which was valuable and often entertaining - but he represented the meatball fan, not all fans.

Zippy is right about this. I have listened since day 1 also and they always marketed themselves as the voice of the fan. They were going to be the alternative to what Coppock was doing. They were going to be caller intensive with far fewer guests. North was an endless self promoter and a by product of his non stop self promotion would be the promotion of the station. He was no doubt the star of the early yrs, though for my money the HFC was always the stations best show.

The HFC didn't really take shape during the early yrs because they were splitting time with Hanley. North was the man rightly or wrongly and he did help grow the station though I never cared much for his show.

In terms of being the voice of the man, the score always marketed itself as such.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:01 pm 

their wish list of on air talent does not support your opinion

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Barnaby's
Quote:
Mike North ‏@North2North · 3 hours ago
I'm back and ready 2 talk bears @971TheDrive set your radios tonite for the Truth ..oh and @DanMcNeil971 Dan jiggetts after game #not2shabby

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:29 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
North is on now! Danny Mac @ 3:50pm, JOHN MOON MULLIN AT 5.... and uhhhh DAN JIGGETS @ 5:30!

he needs a cohost to shoot off of (idk who he could get.... hrmmmm... do any ideas come to mind? i got none. i wish one would present itself out of nowhere. if only god could send me a sign)

he needs that cohost tho cuz like, after a few first thoughts and a rundown of the callers he took a call really quick.... but he's taken 2 quick calls addressed them and he'll rant onwards and forwards from that.

everyone calling has to lick his ass about how good it is to have him back (i guess nobody wants to burst their bubble that he's technically still got radio shows you can listen to if you have a decent cellphone data plan) and mike's using the callers to springboard into more and more rants, so that tells you the obvious.... GET HIM A FUCKING COHOST! he really needs that.

also PASS/SPREAD THE WORD! he says if you go to turn on the postgame and get the white sox game tell your buddies to listen to north! so comeon CSFMB you have your marching orders.... forget the morning show or hell even the 2000s existed and let's talk some motherfucking bears! just be sure to tell NORTH how good it is to have him back on the airwaves in chicago like he never did that show on WIND =P

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Jagbag is back!

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Tuned in when Mac was, judging by the amount of wind buffeting I heard, calling from a wind tunnel. That was a real treat. Maybe next time he can step indoors for a few minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:11 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
Tuned in when Mac was, judging by the amount of wind buffeting I heard, calling from a wind tunnel. That was a real treat. Maybe next time he can step indoors for a few minutes.

Yea, that sounded like crap. Good to hear North and Mac though.

Earlier a guy called and dropped a "Whats happening Octavious"?

Waiting for Cheesehead Scott and Cleveland Mike!

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
I'm not a fan of his, but the little bit I did hear it sounded like he was having fun and enjoying himself which is more than I can say for most people on WSCR these days. I think he at least has that going for him.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Barnaby's
He needs to tone down the continuous screaming. The shrill sound of screaming is even more annoying to have to listen to on FM stereo.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:26 pm 

WindyCityBreeze wrote:
He needs to tone down the continuous screaming. The shrill sound of screaming is even more annoying to have to listen to on FM stereo.

I was just going to post the same thing. He does need to settle down a little bit.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Tad Queasy wrote:

Mac is famous for taking walks after Bear's games.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:27 pm 

Any sage advice from the Bookie Priest?

If he is giving advice, and not booking bets, shouldn't he be the Handicapping Priest?

<º)))><

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:44 pm 

Chus wrote:
Any sage advice from the Bookie Priest?

If he is giving advice, and not booking bets, shouldn't he be the Handicapping Priest?

Unless I missed it, the Bookie Priest did not make an appearance today.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:38 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Fresh off the shitter :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:38 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Scorehead wrote:
WindyCityBreeze wrote:

I was just going to post the same thing. He does need to settle down a little bit.

i thought it was purposefull

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:40 am 

I enjoyed listening to his take. Of course it was filled with Pappy being misinformed but he returned to the style of charming idiot rather than right wing flamethrower. I'll listen again

1. "Bears dominated time of possession with 32 minutes"- I guess we have different definitions of dominating

2. "Bears held the ball for 32 minutes. The Packers had it for 27"- I particularly liked that one. The extra minute was god's time.

3. "Moon" Mullen will not be heard on this show for a long, long time"- Mullen blew off a call in to the show.

4. texters and callers obviously got a script as they said nearly identical things about loving Mike and "being on a good team" to start their statements

Still, it was fun.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:22 am 

good dolphin wrote:
texters and callers obviously got a script as they said nearly identical things about loving Mike and "being on a good team" to start their statements

The weakest of sauce.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:33 pm 

Chus wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
texters and callers obviously got a script as they said nearly identical things about loving Mike and "being on a good team" to start their statements

The weakest of sauce.

It had an early days of the Score vibe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:42 pm 

I listened to a little more yesterday. It may not be hard hitting but I think it is fun.

More classic Pappy:

Jiggs: I was at the Bears alumni dinner. I talked with Vinson Smith. Vinson is a great guy

Pappy: I remember Vincent very well.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:44 pm 

Its fun as hell to hear North again. He seemed to calm down a little bit yesterday compared to week 1.

I would have paid $ to have been able to hear OB & North as the Bears post game show on The Score.
Dumbass Mitch missed a huge opportunity here.

Last edited by Scorehead on Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:58 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
Its fun as hell to hear North again. He seemed to calm down a little bit yesterday compared to week 1.

I would have paid $ to have been able to hear OB & North as the Bears post game shoe on The Score.
Dumbass Mitch missed a huge opportunity here.

Nort. Isn't. Going. Back. To. The. Score.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
fading out way before the games end...cant even do a post game gig....and not even angry...have accepted my fate of death.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
BF has a new avatar? Who hacked your account?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
bigfan wrote:
fading out way before the games end...cant even do a post game gig....and not even angry...have accepted my fate of death.

God, I've never seen bigfan so broken before. You're always in good spirits!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next