It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dear Mr. Goff
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:38 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
I know you think you are a big star now and thus cant improve, but let's take a walk back.

You have improved, you speak clearer and louder than you did when you first got some air time. You got criticized and you improved on it, congrats.

Time to improve again.

1. Gotta reduce the giggles. Everything isnt that funny. You sound like Hubs illegitimate child....and think to yourself, if you are listeing to a show and you hear the 2 hosts giggling so much they cant talk? It happens just too often.

2. Must reduce the minutiae talk of everything. How you dress, what you did as a kid, how you interact with people, it just takes up too much time, kills segments and hearing about what you did as a kid in 5th grade on a constant basis is just old fashioned boring. You want to know what I did in 6th grade? Gusssing not....get the point?

3. The preaching should be limited of how everyone should act, what everyone should think....but then you add to it..."Live your life". We know some people do bad things, they do wrong things and your opinion isnt always right. It then becomes WAY too much of a focus of your topics and once again, takes up too much time and really just becomes the Jason Goff Bitch and Moan show. You complain about others bitching, but then arent you just bitching about them?

SUGGESTIONS.

Go back to your producer mind set. Here you are coming into the NFL season. Great time to start something cool, a contest, even one with no real prize, just fame for 15 seconds?

Dont run out of the door at 1:30, because others do or have done it before you, work on the show. It will be evident. Feel free to mock Spiegs for not, but it really isnt as hard as you make it ut to be.

Suggest other meet and greets. I think you know its a good idea and I know its not your job to organize these things, but you can put a little pressure on the and make it happen. Rainmakers matter.

CONCLUSION

If I didnt like you, or didnt think you should be on the air, I would have said so (Like your evening friend), just some thoughts to see you improve.

Next Drink is on you!

Post subject: Re: Dear Mr. Goff
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:59 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
You think he is better than he is. I liked him and Abbattacola in the early 2000s but they always came off as a lesser version on Carmen and Silvy. A few years later they changed. I don't know if the Bernstein attitude rubbed off on them or they were frustrated by their lack of air time but they weren't the same. I think Goff will just tell you he's gotta be himself and this is just what he is now.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:01 am 

Spaulding wrote:
You think he is better than he is. I liked him and Abbattacola in the early 2000s but they always came off as a lesser version on Carmen and Silvy. A few years later they changed. I don't know if the Bernstein attitude rubbed off on them or they were frustrated by their lack of air time but they weren't the same. I think Goff will just tell you he's gotta be himself and this is just what he is now.

Summary: Room for Improvement and not too far gone that he cant make some changes.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:05 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
He also needs to stop with breaking into the "almost whisper serious voice" - even when he's not talking about anything serious. Seems like he just does that at random for no reason whatsoever.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:09 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Was I the first guy to point out the art of the talk-giggle? Nothing wrong with laughing AFTER a statement but the nervous sounding talk-giggle makes him sound like a guy that's about to crack.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:10 am 

jimmypasta wrote:
Was I the first guy to point out the art of the talk-giggle? Nothing wrong with laughing AFTER a statement but the nervous sounding talk-giggle makes him sound like a guy that's about to crack.

AWARD TO JIMMY!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:13 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
bigfan wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

Summary: Room for Improvement and not too far gone that he cant make some changes.

Summary: Too far gone.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:16 am 

This is an extensive collection of notes from a guy who doesn't listen.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:19 am 

Douchebag wrote:

This is a statement from a guy who doesnt read, as I never said I dont listen to them, I actually stated I do listen....just not as much, they are mkaing my daily ESPN switch easier and earlier.

"Look nobody listens" is pretty much been you're daily comment for a year now. Time for some new material?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:21 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
has a radio guy ever taken suggestions as to how to improve? no, I don't think so.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:22 am 

A guy who knows nothing about radio, broadcasting, or humor in general, is probably not the best person to be making suggestions to someone on how to improve their show.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
I still listen when I can. I don't dislike Mully & Hanley or Speigs & Goff. I think that 'SCR could do better but I don't think better is found up the dial.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:24 am 

Douchebag wrote:
A guy who knows nothing about radio, broadcasting, or humor in general, is probably not the best person to be making suggestions to someone on how to improve their show.

Fabulous, we have eliminated you from the discussion again.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:36 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Douchebag wrote:

Your school has Sunday detention? Don't let Mr O'Brien snag your phone!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:46 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
bigfan wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

This is a statement from a guy who doesnt read, as I never said I dont listen to them, I actually stated I do listen....just not as much, they are mkaing my daily ESPN switch easier and earlier.

"Look nobody listens" is pretty much been you're daily comment for a year now. Time for some new material?

He also has "no it isn't " in his repertoire. Don't sell him short.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:47 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

He also has "no it isn't " in his repertoire. Don't sell him short.

Yes, I am aware of his 4 witty comebacks.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:51 am 

Is PittMike still sleeping one off? We need all the lapdogs to assemble.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:52 am 

Im sure BRick will be along shortly for a slightly more verbose critique along with a reminder that there are people banned. Baited breath, lads.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:52 am 

Douchebag wrote:

Speaking of lapdogs, wheres BRick?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:53 am 

Douchebag wrote:

No need, your constant assanine comments reflect your personality just fine.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:54 am 
1000 CLUB

Big Fan's criticisms and suggestions to Goff is something that Mitch Rosen should be doing. But he tries to avoid his talk show hosts. So Big Fan has to do it.

I for one think Goff can improve if he listens to Big Fan.

It's like Rocky. Remember he was a dumb ass, poor speaking idiot in Rocky I & II. Then in Rocky III he was smart and spoke well. It was amazing. Goff can do the same.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:06 am 

Whose says Mitch hasn't addressed some of the issues, or plans to.

And if I hated the guy or didnt want him on the air, wouldnt have made some suggestions.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:17 am 

Douchebag wrote:

You're a fucking idiot.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:19 am 
1000 CLUB

bigfan wrote:
Whose says Mitch hasn't addressed some of the issues, or plans to.

And if I hated the guy or didnt want him on the air, wouldnt have made some suggestions.

Well, if he has addressed them then Goff doesn't listen to his boss. If he's planning on it, what's taking so long? Goff has been a laughing fool for 6 or 7 months. Maybe drinky should say something to him. They're friends. Goff might listen to him. Then again, drinky has numerous broadcasting flaws himself. So maybe he's thinking "Who am I to say something". Spiegel can't say anything. Goff would knock his ass out if he dare criticizes him. :lol: Spiegel knows it too.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
What's wrong with bigfan's suggestions? I think they're good. I don't agree with all of them (myself, I don't mind the minutiae-of-life deviations from sports), but the stuff about working hard to produce the show and cutting down on the preachiness are tips that could benefit a number of Score hosts, not just Jason. The whole station is stuck in a rut of being too cool for sports talk radio and professing what superior people they are. It's not a good editorial stance. Jason has a lot of talent and clearly loves sports on almost a Grobber level. I already thought he was doing a better show than B&B before I stopped listening to the Score, but with fine-tuning he can be even better.

I'll take well-thought-out posts like this over Douchebag's drive-bys.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:24 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
What's wrong with bigfan's suggestions? I think they're good. I don't agree with all of them (myself, I don't mind the minutiae-of-life deviations from sports), but the stuff about working hard to produce the show and cutting down on the preachiness are tips that could benefit a number of Score hosts, not just Jason. The whole station is stuck in a rut of being too cool for sports talk radio and professing what superior people they are. It's not a good editorial stance. Jason has a lot of talent and clearly loves sports on almost a Grobber level. I already thought he was doing a better show than B&B before I stopped listening to the Score, but with fine-tuning he can be even better.

I am not against talking about other things than sports and if someone needs to correct anyone on the radio on how to tell a story,....well, then maybe that person shouldnt be on the radio? Speaking of.....the example of digression was on full display when Leary had his moment of telling everyone about his "run in' wth Hawk. His words, not mine. Turned into a discussion of "did he pound me or didnt he?" and what happens then? What if the pound is messed up? Can you go back and pound the guy? You can dislike Spiegs all you want, but I believe he doesnt let that turn into a 5 minute discussion on "pounding" or "dapping" (Brother version of Pound?) and Spiegs turns it back to WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED BETWEEN YOU AND HAWK? I dont know what happened because I turned the station.....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

I don't know how he would take it if his boss or one of his peers did bring this to Goff's attention. Sure, he reads it's from Big Fan, myself and others on this board. But Goff just dismisses us as dumb ass crackers. That's the easy way for him.

But I find Goff to be quite sensitive. Like when Spiegel, Boers or Bernstein even take a slight jab and him he cries, bitches and fights back. He's not the type to just take stuff. Even good old fashioned ribbing. Extremely sensitive. So I don't know how he would react if Mitch did sit him down over his broadcasting flaws. Not well, I would assume.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:59 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:

Good thoughts.

I agree. Actual direction and preparedness would go a long way.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

Personal stories are fine. Though nobody at the Score is really interesting. But one time Larry was looking to kill his half hour show. So he decided to describe, in really long form, how he wanted a pizza, ordered a pizza, picked up the pizza and subsequently ate the pizza. Really. That was the story. Took like 10 minutes to tell. Goff does similar shit.

So, yeah, they need to prepare shit. Both Larry and Goff. Not just wing it. Not just tell the boring, mundane activities of life to kill segments.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
One more time:

Beardown wrote:
Besides sucking Dan's cock when he subs for Terry, Larry is good about making simple daily events into dramatic stories with his slow delivery. This happened about 20 minutes ago.

Larry: So, I'm done at NBC 5 and I'm hungry, Dan. Normally when I'm hungry I get something to eat. I'm not sure if other people do that. Anyway, what I did was I went to a pizza place. And I'm thinking, it's late,I'll get a table. Well, it was packed. So, thinking on my feet, I went to something called "The Take Out section". That's where I saw a guy behind the counter and I said, "Look, I'd like to order a pizza to go. Can you hook up a brother up?" And the guy behind the counter said, "Twenty minutes, dog". And I was like, "Great". So, what I did was wait the 20 minutes, got my pizza and then I went home. You're not gonna believe the rest of this story, Dan. I went home, opened the pizza box and ate the pizza.

Dan: Oy. We'll be back after this.