It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 763 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 26  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:26 am 

Furious Styles wrote:
Who wants to play Sunday?

After this weekend, every weekend will involve me either driving down to Kenosha or Chicago until the weekend of October 17th and 18th, I just can't do the drive. Sorry.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:31 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Playing Steeple Chase Saturday morning and then my home course Monday morning, possibly 27 that day depending on weather and how busy it is.

Weather I don't think looks good for Monday. :(

We tee off at 6:30 and will be done by 9 so we might be able to fit it in

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:32 am 

Furious Styles wrote:
Who wants to play Sunday?

Sorry I already have plans with the family that day.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Heading up to Green Lake tonight for the last time this summer :(

Might try to get in 3 rounds at Lawsonia, 2 for sure.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:12 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
94 with a 9 on a par 4 and 3 lost balls yesterday. My jekyll & Hyde of good 9 bad 9 continues.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:12 pm 

Played for the first time in over a month today. 41, 48. I hit the ball really good and the ugly stick was workin all day but I ran out of steam down the stretch. I finished double, triple, triple. I won 2 skins and a pin. It was a good day.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
87 at Chevy Chase yesterday. Walked on as a single mid-afternoon and finished in 2:55.

Moved closer to the ball and my ballstriking improved immensely. Putting let me down. Put new grips on my wedges and switched out the TM 1/2 mallet for a full mallet. Ready for Michigan golf in two weeks.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:54 am 

Tangled with Steeple Chase Saturday morning and it essentially put me in a headlock and wouldn't let go. I had a 44 on the front.
Played much better on the back but doubled the last hole for an 85. I was hitting wedges fat on one swing and then skulling them
on the next. The course was in great shape and the greens were the toughest I have putted on all season, including Erin Hills.
VERY fast.

Played 27 yesterday. Shot a 79 the first 18. I had 36 putts which is just horrible. My scrambling game around the green has been
off but my biggest problem is hitting fairways. I only hit 4 of them but hit 11 greens. Twice I had to punch out and got up and down
from 60 yards out for par so that gave me some hope. The extra nine was going well overall. I missed a 3 footer for birdie on the
first. Was one over going into #8 and doubled it. We walked all 27. Teed off at 6:30 and finished at 11. We were really dragging
ass the last 4 holes on that extra nine.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:18 am 

Missed out on a opportunity on Sunday to play with Shakes and his bride at Lawsonia as I woke up Saturday not feeling well and didn't want to back out at the last second, so Piglet and I cancelled. Woke up mid morning on Sunday feeling much better and went out and played Sunday afternoon and Monday. Shot 78 on Sunday and came back with 74 yesterday, feels good to put a couple of good rounds in the book as it has not been the best of summers for my scorecards.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:01 am 

What is the deal with parking at the BMW Championship? Can anyone help me? I looked at the website and it looks like if you drive a BMW they
have a parking lot but otherwise they want you to take a shuttle bus in from Waukegan. Is this right? I need to leave to go out of town after the
golf and didn't want to have to bus it back up north before heading out of town. Looking at the map it doesn't appear there would be a lot of spots
to park in the area. What are my options?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:15 am 

yep, I'm sure that's right. There's no parking around there, similar to Medinah where everyone had to take a shuttle. I'm sure it will be the same when the US Open comes to Erin Hills.

Just go out and get a BMW, problems solved.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:18 am 

Had my final weekend in Green Lake. Was disappointed to find the greens on the Lawsonia Links course aerated and sanded. played there Friday and shot an 83. Decided to spend the rest of my weekend on the Woodlands course. Played as a single Saturday and was 2 over after 10. Then a 2some in front of me asked me to join them. Turns out I had played with them earlier in the year. Bogeyed the next 4 holes before making the decision to hang back and finish as as single. Played the next 3 holes at 1 under before having my usual look at the scorecard on 18 double bogey to finish the round with my first ever sub 80 round on the Woodlands, a 79. Next day played the same course with my wife and barely broke 90.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:24 am 

here is the golf schedule for the rest of the week.

Tomorrow: Go to O'Hare at 5:30 am, pick up Chevy Tahoe from Enterprise. Drive to South Bend, pick up friend. Drive to Indianapolis and play a round at the Wolf Run Country Club at 2:30. Rated as the 21st hardest course in the USA, it should be quite a test especially after spending essentially 9 hours traveling to get there. From there head to downtown hotel and wait for other two friends to arrive from Orlando.

Friday: 7:30 tee time at The Fort in Indy, rated as one of the 10 best public courses in Indiana. From there, drive to French Lick and check in to resort. Possibly play more golf in the afternoon if we have time.

Saturday. 8:00 tee time on the Donald Ross course, rated #2 course in Indiana. 2:40 tee time at Sultan's Run, sister course of the resort located 25 minutes away.

Sunday: 7:30 tee time on the Pete Dye course, rated #1 course in Indiana and one of the 100 best in the USA. Hosted a Champions Tour event earlier in the summer.

Weather looks a little iffy for Friday and Saturday, hopefully it holds up. Other than that, should be an awesome trip!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:25 am 

shakes wrote:
here is the golf schedule for the rest of the week.

Tomorrow: Go to O'Hare at 5:30 am, pick up Chevy Tahoe from Enterprise. Drive to South Bend, pick up friend. Drive to Indianapolis and play a round at the Wolf Run Country Club at 2:30. Rated as the 21st hardest course in the USA, it should be quite a test especially after spending essentially 9 hours traveling to get there. From there head to downtown hotel and wait for other two friends to arrive from Orlando.

Friday: 7:30 tee time at The Fort in Indy, rated as one of the 10 best public courses in Indiana. From there, drive to French Lick and check in to resort. Possibly play more golf in the afternoon if we have time.

Saturday. 8:00 tee time on the Donald Ross course, rated #2 course in Indiana. 2:40 tee time at Sultan's Run, sister course of the resort located 25 minutes away.

Sunday: 7:30 tee time on the Pete Dye course, rated #1 course in Indiana and one of the 100 best in the USA. Hosted a Champions Tour event earlier in the summer.

Weather looks a little iffy for Friday and Saturday, hopefully it holds up. Other than that, should be an awesome trip!

Sounds great, enjoy a little Hoosier golf.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:57 am 

shakes wrote:
Had my final weekend in Green Lake. Was disappointed to find the greens on the Lawsonia Links course aerated and sanded. played there Friday and shot an 83. Decided to spend the rest of my weekend on the Woodlands course. Played as a single Saturday and was 2 over after 10. Then a 2some in front of me asked me to join them. Turns out I had played with them earlier in the year. Bogeyed the next 4 holes before making the decision to hang back and finish as as single. Played the next 3 holes at 1 under before having my usual look at the scorecard on 18 double bogey to finish the round with my first ever sub 80 round on the Woodlands, a 79. Next day played the same course with my wife and barely broke 90.

shakes scores best when playing by himself.... :wink: :lol: I understand it can be hard to perform in front of strangers.

Hard to believe they aerated already. I don't like joining with strangers either.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:58 am 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
Played St. Andrews this past weekend in West Chicago. Pretty nice track for a $38 GolfNow deal. 48/42 with 3-4 shots left on the course on that back 9. Front 9 was the trainwreck that number describes.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:40 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
shakes wrote:

shakes scores best when playing by himself.... :wink: :lol: I understand it can be hard to perform in front of strangers.

Hard to believe they aerated already. I don't like joining with strangers either.

I actually do well in front of strangers too. Its when I know the people I am playing with that I shit the bed. My scoring average when I'm by myself or with strangers is around 80-81, with friends it is around 88-89. I've had 7 rounds in the 70s this year, none were with friends. In fact, I think most of them were when I was totally alone. Its just a totally different level of focus when I'm by myself. I literally have a 4 hour conversation with myself about my game and each shot I am preparing to take.

Honestly, I think I enjoy playing golf by myself more than I do with people, even friends. I shouldn't say that, I don't necessarily enjoy it more, its just a different experience altogether, one which I thoroughly enjoy. That said, playing with your buddies and joking around is also a thoroughly enjoyable experience, but totally different from the feeling I get on the course when I'm alone. One is pure golf and the other is a social outing.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:49 pm 

shakes wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
shakes wrote:

I actually do well in front of strangers too. Its when I know the people I am playing with that I shit the bed. My scoring average when I'm by myself or with strangers is around 80-81, with friends it is around 88-89. I've had 7 rounds in the 70s this year, none were with friends. In fact, I think most of them were when I was totally alone. Its just a totally different level of focus when I'm by myself. I literally have a 4 hour conversation with myself about my game and each shot I am preparing to take.

Honestly, I think I enjoy playing golf by myself more than I do with people, even friends. I shouldn't say that, I don't necessarily enjoy it more, its just a different experience altogether, one which I thoroughly enjoy. That said, playing with your buddies and joking around is also a thoroughly enjoyable experience, but totally different from the feeling I get on the course when I'm alone. One is pure golf and the other is a social outing.

I get it. I have had some of my best scores playing alone, at my own pace and talking to myself about stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:50 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
shakes wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
shakes wrote:

I get it. I have had some of my best scores playing alone, at my own pace and talking to myself about stuff.

Do you guys answer yourselves too?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:04 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:

My driver does all the talking....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:08 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

My driver does all the talking....

Now I know why you are talking to yourself.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:16 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:

Yes. The key is to change up your voice so you can keep track of who's turn it is to talk. I usually ask questions as myself, but try to give the answers as Wilford Brimley.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:17 pm 

shakes wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

Yes. The key is to change up your voice so you can keep track of who's turn it is to talk. I usually ask questions as myself, but try to give the answers as Wilford Brimley.

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
shakes wrote:
Drive to South Bend, pick up friend. Drive to Indianapolis and play a round at the Wolf Run Country Club at 2:30. Rated as the 21st hardest course in the USA, it should be quite a test especially after spending essentially 9 hours traveling to get there.!

Super jealous. Played it 15 years ago and it was a completely surreal experience. Enjoy.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:05 am 

After a lot of rain yesterday I assumed the course near my house would be dead and that leagues should be done dominating the after work
landscape. Apparently it was the last week for leagues so that will open up my golf after work plan a bit moving forward. I was able to play
the back nine twice. The first time I got around with no one in front of me in 1 hour. The second time I made it 4 holes until hitting a wall.
It took about 90 minutes to play the last 5 holes. No complaints overall just fun to hit the ball. It is a short course and only par 34 on the
back nine. I still am not hitting fairways and making enough putts. My wedges from 110 and in were on fire which you need on that course.
36-37 73 was ok.

I was invited by the assistant golf pro to represent their course in the Ryder Cup event they have coming up in a few weeks. I didn't know
anything about it and the course I play at 90% of the time didn't ask me to be on their team so that makes it a bit more interesting for me.
Sounds like a 2 day event where you play with a partner the first day ( 9 holes scramble and 9 best ball ) and then it is individual the next
day. Could be a lot of fun.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:07 am 

T-Bone wrote:
After a lot of rain yesterday I assumed the course near my house would be dead and that leagues should be done dominating the after work
landscape. Apparently it was the last week for leagues so that will open up my golf after work plan a bit moving forward. I was able to play
the back nine twice. The first time I got around with no one in front of me in 1 hour. The second time I made it 4 holes until hitting a wall.
It took about 90 minutes to play the last 5 holes. No complaints overall just fun to hit the ball. It is a short course and only par 34 on the
back nine. I still am not hitting fairways and making enough putts. My wedges from 110 and in were on fire which you need on that course.
36-37 73 was ok.

I was invited by the assistant golf pro to represent their course in the Ryder Cup event they have coming up in a few weeks. I didn't know
anything about it and the course I play at 90% of the time didn't ask me to be on their team so that makes it a bit more interesting for me.
Sounds like a 2 day event where you play with a partner the first day ( 9 holes scramble and 9 best ball ) and then it is individual the next

:thumleft:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:02 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Northside_Dan wrote:
Played St. Andrews this past weekend in West Chicago. Pretty nice track for a $38 GolfNow deal. 48/42 with 3-4 shots left on the course on that back 9. Front 9 was the trainwreck that number describes.

Which course? I love both of them.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:55 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
36-37 73 was ok.

:thumleft:

Found out my buddy and I are going to be matched up against the two assistant pros at the competing golf course. One of the guys we
go up against was the one who shot a 29 earlier this year and has won the county open the two previous years. Hopefully we don't
get completely disemboweled, but we feel a bit like sacrificial lambs being led to slaughter.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:59 am 

Played early Saturday morning. Hit the ball ok but was just a little bit off. Started off strong paring the first 3 and then going bogey/triple/bogey.
I played one over the rest of the day. I was actually one under on the back nine but bogeyed the last two including a topped drive on 17 and a
missed 3 foot putt on 18. Only hit 3 fairways all day long and my irons were a bit off but I was able to get up and down from next to the green
on 8 of 10 attempts and only had 29 putts ( with two 3 putts ). Finished with a 78.

Was going to play yesterday alone but decided I would get a lot more out of going to the driving range so I did that instead and spent about
90 minutes hitting balls and figuring a few things out. Good session.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:20 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Shot 91 (49-42) Saturday at the horribly dreadful Hickory Hills CC. Greens were soft and super slow, and the "fairways" were riddled with weeds and not much grass. I went with a buddy because it was literally the only option, but will never play there again. Could not chip to save my life, pushed a few irons right, hit the driver pretty well for the most part. On the terrible slow greens though I was on fire. One putted five greens and two putted everything else. One biride on a par 3, drained 3 par putts from at least 20', and two putted twice from 50'. It was really a sight to behold, and it was by far the best I have putted in a round since July 2013.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 763 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 26  Next