It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kaplan to AM 1000
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:58 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
denisdman wrote:
I like Kap. I would regularly tune into his 5:30 show. I also listened to him on the Game. I will be listening to his ESPN 1000 show because B&B sucks hard.

He has grown on me.

exactly!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:00 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
Does Jurko only put forth marginally more effort than Boers, or do I not listen enough to get the full scope of his contributions?

No you are pretty much on point there. As long as he is getting paid the same I'm guessing Jurko is probably pretty happy about having to work 1 less hour now.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
denisdman wrote:
I like Kap. I would regularly tune into his 5:30 show. I also listened to him on the Game. I will be listening to his ESPN 1000 show because B&B sucks hard.

He has grown on me.

Yep.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:05 pm 

Does this mean that JHood's show slot is now normalized from 6-10? It seems like they go to national programming half the time his show is supposed to be on. If so, great for Hood.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
jimmypasta wrote:
denisdman wrote:

He has grown on me.

exactly!

Kap has grown on me as well. I'm happy for him and I'm sure he will do well at AM1000.

Sure seems like WGN has turned into a junior high school lunchroom.

If you're not sitting at the Jimmy de Castro, Steve Cochran & Roe Conn table, your on your way out.

What a mess.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
They're setting up Kap & Waddle for middays. When Mac's contract is up @ the Drive, they'll get him to do Afternoon Drive w/ Silvy & Jurko. Mac'll like it because he won't have to helm the ship & he'll get to work in afternoons & w/ Jurko. As for what happens to Carm, IDK. Maybe Finfer teams up w/ him from 9-11.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Barnaby's
spmack wrote:
Kap and Co sounds like a lot of Finfer.

I’m not sure. As of now Ben Finfer has not tweeted anything regarding this new show, which I find kind of curious.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
jimmypasta wrote:
I didn't care much for Kap teamed with Haugh whom I found very boring. I have switched on Kap though. I will have no problem putting him on at noon. Good luck to him.

Same here Jimbo. Im in.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
The "Co." will be Lance Briggs & Brian Urlacher.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Scorehead wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
I didn't care much for Kap teamed with Haugh whom I found very boring. I have switched on Kap though. I will have no problem putting him on at noon. Good luck to him.

Same here Jimbo. Im in.

Text Kap every now & then and tell him to giggle and clap.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:15 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
i strongly advise anyone who's admitted to catching a case of kaplanitis (david "kap" kaplan growing on you) should get that shit checked out immediately. think about how desolate the chicago sports talk landscape must be when you have the guy who puts the "que?" in "milquetoast" evolving into an appreciated listen during your afternoons.

personally, i'm really happy for the children of chicagoland who are bound to have better futures now that the father of the year has escaped his wgnplus.com/CSN-chicago-simulcast probation to get back on the proper airwaves where he can spread his gospel of "telling it like it is" (TM)

it must really chafe his arse that his beloved cubbies have moved over to bernsteinville, cuz while i'm sure that dan respects "kap" and his relative ubiquity borne of WGN/cubs-pre-n-post/comcast there's no way these two alpha dogs like each other. i bet you kap thinks he can eventually become the FOTS @ ESPN1000 whereas he had no chance @ the score with bernstein and his army there, he'd just remain FOTY to dan's FOTS. and they're gonna have the radio side of HIS cubbies, so he's gotta stick to the tv only and whip up a new simulcast deal (brought to you by horwitz and horwitz, or so the upper left corner of my screen tells me when i jaunt by their channl/s) for this show and continue to spread the virus like opie and anthony taught him how.

will kap ever get enough juice to oust silvy and reunite with his WGN bwoy waddle? will all of the ring kissing go both ways so he can get the band back together over @ disney and fight the bernsteinization of the championship-era cubbies? stay tuned true believers!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

sinicalypse wrote:
i strongly advise anyone who's admitted to catching a case of kaplanitis (david "kap" kaplan growing on you) should get that shit checked out immediately. think about how desolate the chicago sports talk landscape must be when you have the guy who puts the "que?" in "milquetoast" evolving into an appreciated listen during your afternoons.

personally, i'm really happy for the children of chicagoland who are bound to have better futures now that the father of the year has escaped his wgnplus.com/CSN-chicago-simulcast probation to get back on the proper airwaves where he can spread his gospel of "telling it like it is" (TM)

it must really chafe his arse that his beloved cubbies have moved over to bernsteinville, cuz while i'm sure that dan respects "kap" and his relative ubiquity borne of WGN/cubs-pre-n-post/comcast there's no way these two alpha dogs like each other. i bet you kap thinks he can eventually become the FOTS @ ESPN1000 whereas he had no chance @ the score with bernstein and his army there, he'd just remain FOTY to dan's FOTS. and they're gonna have the radio side of HIS cubbies, so he's gotta stick to the tv only and whip up a new simulcast deal (brought to you by horwitz and horwitz, or so the upper left corner of my screen tells me when i jaunt by their channl/s) for this show and continue to spread the virus like opie and anthony taught him how.

will kap ever get enough juice to oust silvy and reunite with his WGN bwoy waddle? will all of the ring kissing go both ways so he can get the band back together over @ disney and fight the bernsteinization of the championship-era cubbies? stay tuned true believers!

better than listening to an asshole like Bernstein or the two middle class, suburban fools acting like tough guy urban hard asses, like Larry and Goff. Just phony shit.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Score is doomed wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:

better than listening to an asshole like Bernstein or the two middle class, suburban fools acting like tough guy urban hard asses, like Larry and Goff. Just phony shit.
SID is a fan of bland radio? I didn't see that coming.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Score is doomed wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:

SID is a fan of bland radio? I didn't see that coming.

Just a fan of decent human beings and Bernstein certainly isn't one. Goff and Holmes are just plain incompetent and uninteresting, bragging about nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:31 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Scorehead wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

Same here Jimbo. Im in.

Agreed, he's better than anything on the Score.

Scorehead..I can't find the Michigan v Utah game..is it on t.v. ?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
bigfan wrote:
The 9 AM- 10 Am is a key get for Adam D.! Nice work....

Yes it is. That means I don't have to listen to the Tubby and Giggles chucklefest after Mully and Handley end. ESPN for the win.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:47 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
isnt michigan @ utah on ESPN proper? if not (US Open week 1?) it'd be on ESPN2. i know they were advertising the shit out of it cuz they're carrying it for CFB kickoff weekend.

that is, unless the game has been delayed cuz on the ride over to the stadium jim harbaugh saw a meter maid lady writing tickets and decided to pull over and watch her for a couple'a hours because he loves "watching people perform at the highest level" ---- yeah there was a story from the other day when lord harbaugh was nearly late to practice cuz on the drive over he saw a traffic cop directing traffic @ an intersection with the light out and jimbo had to pull over and watch for ~30+mins cuz "[he] loves watching people perform at the highest levels" and clearly that traffic cop was on the ESPN100 rankings for traffic cops coming up for 15-16. duh. #ManOfPrinciple and all that, ask the board's resident harbaugh true believer scorehead!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
I think the game is on Fox Sports 1: we're gonna make you take us seriously, dammit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:08 pm 

pizza_Place: my house
The press release said ESPN was the # 1 station. When did that happen?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:29 pm 

Fox sports 1 yes...found it thanx

Great game.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:45 pm 

312player wrote:
Fox sports 1 yes...found it thanx

Great game.

Not really.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:16 pm 

Peaking your interest yet? College kickers are awful..I except every one of them to miss consistently over 35 yards.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:23 pm 

Oh yeah..n Rudock sucks.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:27 pm 

312player wrote:
Oh yeah..n Rudock sucks.

Yea, he's the biggest reason they are down. He's brutal.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

For the life of me, I just don't get the fascination with college football.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:32 pm 

Mr. Reason wrote:

:shock:

1. It's football.
2. It's football with 120 teams instead of 32, so there are a greater number of "good" matchups each week.
3. It's football.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Mr. Reason wrote:

1. A few people went to college, so you have a fanbase via that connection.
2. Many of the Schools are in areas without pro football...Bama, LSU (2 hrs from NO), USC, UCLA, TCU...Michigan and Ohio st :lol:

And colleges are experiencing the same football lack of attendance issues the NFL is.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
spanky wrote:
Mr. Reason wrote:

:shock:

1. It's football.
2. It's football with 120 teams instead of 32, so there are a greater number of "good" matchups each week.
3. It's football.

2a. With so many more options, some find the multi-team parlay more fun to play ... or so I've heard ... from terrible people that do things like bet college football ...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

bigfan wrote:
Mr. Reason wrote:

2. Many of the Schools are in areas without pro football...Bama, LSU (2 hrs from NO), USC, UCLA, TCU...Michigan and Ohio st :lol:

And colleges are experiencing the same football lack of attendance issues the NFL is.

I remain flummoxed.

The Illini lack of attendance is justified.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:59 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Mr. Reason wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Mr. Reason wrote:

I remain flummoxed.

The Illini lack of attendance is justified.

I'll be in the sea of red watching the Cornhuskers this week end.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next