It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:35 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Went to the Nebraska game on Saturday.

WAY better experience than Notre Dame and U of I ever was.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:55 am 

1. wrong
2. my years in a POW camp back in Nam were a better experience than a day of U of I football

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:57 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Ty: Would you like a drink? Tuna Colada, perhaps?

Lacey: Anything. Who's your decorator, Benihana?

Ty: No, I brought most of that stuff back from Vietnam.

Lacey: You were in the war?

Ty: Uh...no.... Homo. Much I'm better now, though.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:58 am 

Ole Miss is probably my favorite that I have been to.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:59 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Seacrest wrote:

theres like 20+ programs that could say that.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:04 am 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
1. wrong
2. my years in a POW camp back in Nam were a better experience than a day of U of I football

I WAS at the Nebraska game Saturday.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:05 am 
Site Admin

Kirkwood wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

theres like 20+ programs that could say that.

Every program could probably say that about U of I.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:08 am 

Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
1. wrong

I know. I meant wrong about ND. I have been to all three venues on gameday as well. I guess it is subjective but I don't think collective wisdom agrees with you nor do I.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:11 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
1. wrong

I know. I meant wrong about ND. I have been to all three venues on gameday as well. I guess it is subjective but I don't think collective wisdom agrees with you nor do I.

I thought Notre Dame's was nice but nothing great.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:12 am 
Site Admin

Hawg Ass wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
1. wrong

I thought Notre Dame's was nice but nothing great.

This.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:05 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
I thought Notre Dame was pretty awesome, but I was with Zorich both times so my experience may not be typical.

I was in Champaign during the MIke White era for some pretty good teams and I don't remember that being what I would call a great college game day atmosphere, certainly nothing like Camp Randall or Michigan or Ohio State. I've never been to an SEC game, but I think those are supposed to be the best. It's got to be tough to beat Alabama vs. LSU at either place.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Seacrest wrote:

Notre Dame is just awful. Wooden bench seats that are about 8 inches wide, and they cram people together worse than any other stadium I have been in. Mrs. Scorehead and I went to the Michigan state game last year and left at half time. Fans are also annoying as hell.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:29 pm 

Madison has to be in the discussion

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:33 pm 
Site Admin

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I thought Notre Dame was pretty awesome, but I was with Zorich both times so my experience may not be typical.

I was in Champaign during the MIke White era for some pretty good teams and I don't remember that being what I would call a great college game day atmosphere, certainly nothing like Camp Randall or Michigan or Ohio State. I've never been to an SEC game, but I think those are supposed to be the best. It's got to be tough to beat Alabama vs. LSU at either place.

There is a great family atmosphere at NE. It's bench seating like ND, but they were fiberglass. You had young and old together like ND as well. You had business execs sitting next to farmers in overalls with their children. No over served idiots in our section. And the crowd was louder than the MSU-ND crowd was when we went to a couple of years back.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Scorehead wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Notre Dame is just awful. Wooden bench seats that are about 8 inches wide, and they cram people together worse than any other stadium I have been in. Mrs. Scorehead and I went to the Michigan state game last year and left at half time. Fans are also annoying as hell.

That's because you're a terrible fan. If you want to a recliner then stay at home.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:34 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
spanky wrote:
Madison has to be in the discussion

Yeah, just a great time. Madison isn't a campus in the same way Notre Dame or Ann Arbor are, but it has its own charms. And you can't beat hitting a supper club after a game.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:59 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

There is a great family atmosphere at NE. It's bench seating like ND, but they were fiberglass. You had young and old together like ND as well. You had business execs sitting next to farmers in overalls with their children. No over served idiots in our section. And the crowd was louder than the MSU-ND crowd was when we went to a couple of years back.

The business execs and farmers are the same people. There is no real class distinction in Nebraska.

The entire city participates in the game which is fun. The rituals, pomp and circumstance surroundings aren't anything worth mentioning. I enjoyed my time in Lincoln because it was welcoming to a stranger cheering for the opponent like no other place I have been.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:59 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

This guy gets it. At least as well as folks who've never been to big time games in the south.

My only real SEC experience was @ The World's Largest Cocktail Party (UGA - FLA, moment of official silence/SEC pc) which was an absolute blast, even in Jacksonville. It was New Year's Eve/Day/Thanksgiving and Spring Break all rolled into one. Hell it was a blast hanging with the FSU parties when they would come up to Atlanta to trample GA Tech. I can't imagine a Friday & Saturday big game at Death Valley can be improved upon. I can't wait to hit one next fall.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:03 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

The business execs and farmers are the same people. There is no real class distinction in Nebraska.

The entire city participates in the game which is fun. The rituals, pomp and circumstance surroundings aren't anything worth mentioning. I enjoyed my time in Lincoln because it was welcoming to a stranger cheering for the opponent like no other place I have been.

It's odd, but I don't ever think I have ever had more wrong preconceptions about a place as I did before going to Nebraska. Admittedly I only made it for the CWS in Omaha, but anyone who had spent anytime in Lincoln said that the gameday experience was very similar. Extremely nice people, shockingly fun attitudes.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

It's odd, but I don't ever think I have ever had more wrong preconceptions about a place as I did before going to Nebraska. Admittedly I only made it for the CWS in Omaha, but anyone who had spent anytime in Lincoln said that the gameday experience was very similar. Extremely nice people, shockingly fun attitudes.

Interesting, I look forward to checking out a game there sometime. I'll be there The weekend of the 19th but the football team will be in Miami.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Caught the end of Rudy this weekend. I didn't realize the real life guy was part of a pump and dump scam....

https://www.sec.gov/news/press/2011/2011-268.htm

Partial:

SEC Charges Daniel “Rudy” Ruettiger and 12 Others in Scheme to Pump Stock in Sports Drink Company
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
2011-268

Washington, D.C., Dec. 16, 2011 — The Securities and Exchange Commission today charged Daniel Ruettiger and 12 other participants in a scheme to deceive investors into buying stock in his sports drink company. Ruettiger is widely known for having inspired the 1993 motion picture "Rudy."
Additional Materials

Litigation Release No. 22198
SEC Complaint

According to the SEC’s complaint filed in federal court in Las Vegas, Ruettiger founded Rudy Nutrition to compete with Gatorade in the sports drink market. Rudy Nutrition produced and sold modest amounts of a sports drink called “Rudy” with the tagline “Dream Big! Never Quit!” However, the company primarily served as a vehicle for a pump-and-dump scheme that occurred in 2008 and generated more than $11 million in illicit profits.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Kirkwood wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

That's because you're a terrible fan. If you want to a recliner then stay at home.

That usually is my preference. I admit to being a ND hater.

Mad city is a great great experience. I lived there for a while in the early '80's. Great stadium and gameday experience.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Hawg Ass wrote:
Ole Miss is probably my favorite that I have been to.

Yep.

Oxford on game day is a fun time.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:13 pm 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

That was my point. All together cheering "Go Big Red"

We had two BYU fans in our section and they were treated well. The kids selling concessions was also very unique. But after a two hour first half and a real feel temp of 104, you started to wonder.

Btw, did you have a Runza?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:35 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Caught the end of Rudy this weekend. I didn't realize the real life guy was part of a pump and dump scam....

Partial:

SEC Charges Daniel “Rudy” Ruettiger and 12 Others in Scheme to Pump Stock in Sports Drink Company
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
2011-268

Washington, D.C., Dec. 16, 2011 — The Securities and Exchange Commission today charged Daniel Ruettiger and 12 other participants in a scheme to deceive investors into buying stock in his sports drink company. Ruettiger is widely known for having inspired the 1993 motion picture "Rudy."
Additional Materials

SEC Complaint

According to the SEC’s complaint filed in federal court in Las Vegas, Ruettiger founded Rudy Nutrition to compete with Gatorade in the sports drink market. Rudy Nutrition produced and sold modest amounts of a sports drink called “Rudy” with the tagline “Dream Big! Never Quit!” However, the company primarily served as a vehicle for a pump-and-dump scheme that occurred in 2008 and generated more than $11 million in illicit profits.

Rudy is the worst kind of ND guy. He settles for the crumbs of what an ND degree can offer.

I think a Score show had Montana on some time after Rudy came out and he didn't seem to be very aware of Rudy's existence.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:08 pm 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Partial:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
2011-268

Additional Materials

SEC Complaint

Rudy is the worst kind of ND guy. He settles for the crumbs of what an ND degree can offer.

I think a Score show had Montana on some time after Rudy came out and he didn't seem to be very aware of Rudy's existence.

My son's high school coach was Montana's roommate. He said Hollywood made Rudy. He was barely noticed by team members.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
Years ago I had a client in Helena, MT (Last Chance Gulch anyone?) and they took me to a Unov of Montana game. One of the best times I've ever had at a sporting event. The place only held like 25k but I think the entire crowd and the entire campus was out there tailgating. Plus the game itself topped 100 points.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:24 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
I would agree on the person that put Ohio State.