It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:16 am 

pizza_Place: Gem City
bigfan wrote:
Once again...from last month.

FACT: North would have been invited back to the Score, but the current hosts overall said NO. Dont know exactly who said NO...maybe all, but enough to stop any further discussions from management.

So, yes, Mitch didnt follow up with North, but he did speak to him and mended some fences, but not enough to get him back.

I will guess Mitch chose not to contact North again and tell him that many or enough of the regulars now didnt want him back..as it probably is a good choice to not tell that to North, as nothing good comes from that.

Yet, a fence has been mended and maybe in time you might see him back, but if North keeps doing shitty interviews like this and takes shots at the guys who might hire him, of course he isnt coming back.

Much of that may be fact, but I don't believe for a second that Mitch would have to mend fences with North for him to return to the Score. North would come back in an instant if he had the chance. He knows now that HE screwed up.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:29 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Once again...from last month.

FACT: North would have been invited back to the Score, but the current hosts overall said NO. Dont know exactly who said NO...maybe all, but enough to stop any further discussions from management.

So, yes, Mitch didnt follow up with North, but he did speak to him and mended some fences, but not enough to get him back.

I will guess Mitch chose not to contact North again and tell him that many or enough of the regulars now didnt want him back..as it probably is a good choice to not tell that to North, as nothing good comes from that.

Yet, a fence has been mended and maybe in time you might see him back, but if North keeps doing shitty interviews like this and takes shots at the guys who might hire him, of course he isnt coming back.

Much of that may be fact, but I don't believe for a second that Mitch would have to mend fences with North for him to return to the Score. North would come back in an instant if he had the chance. He knows now that HE screwed up.

North can't mend Mitch's fence without his help, or permission.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:30 am 
1000 CLUB

Somebody had it right earlier in this thread.

Mitch, always the politician/nice guy, saw Mike at Doug's wake so they strike up a conversation. Mitch throws the Bears post game at him. But Mitch knows Bernstein doesn't approve of "Meatball radio" so he was never gonna hire him.

North's kind is dead at the SCORE. Bernstein changed that culture. Which is why everybody there tries to be Bernstein cuz they think it's the only way they'll advance. Problem is they're dumb. Dumb people trying to be Bernstein is awful radio.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Barnaby's
Beardown wrote:
Somebody had it right earlier in this thread.

Mitch, always the politician/nice guy, saw Mike at Doug's wake so they strike up a conversation. Mitch throws the Bears post game at him. But Mitch knows Bernstein doesn't approve of "Meatball radio" so he was never gonna hire him.

Rod Zimmerman was the one who brought up the idea to Mike North according to what North says in the interview.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

Well then Rod didn't mean it then.

I know it shouldn't be that Bernstein rules the station. But it's just evolved to that. He's crucified North on the air through the years. He's FOTS. So North can't come back. It's just that simple. I know it's weird. But the SCORE is a weird place.

They got rid of Mike Murphy cuz B&B hated him.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Beardown wrote:
They got rid of Mike Murphy cuz B&B hated him.

I thought they offered him evenings or weekends and Murph didn't take it. I don't think they brought Mac in because B&B hated Murph, because Bernstein doesn't like Mac, either.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Mariano's
Best part of the interview was the last line out of Nort's mouth: "Also I have a screenplay idea I'm trying to get to Sylvester Stallone."
:lol: I'll be lookin' for that.

"One guy lays the pipe, the other guy smokes it"--Clint Eastwood

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

It's kind of interesting how B&B do it.

Basically, B&B have insinuated that North and Murphy are racist. So even if Mitch and Rod wanted them back, they can't. Because the afternoon hosts have told the Score listeners that Murph and North are horrible racist people. So if Rod or Mitch hired them back it would mean they condone racists and racism.

Get it?

Bernstein wins again.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:58 pm 

i listen to north everyday. hes not as interesting when talking national topics. his morning show on the score was proof of that. he shines when talking about chicago sports.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
IkeSouth wrote:
i listen to north everyday. hes not as interesting when talking national topics. his morning show on the score was proof of that. he shines when talking about chicago sports.

...but his Chicago show was a 6 year ratings failure....not sure what that proves?

but the fence mending i was speaking about was just communicating. I dont Mitch wanted North back, but if the rest of the crew would have been OK with it, North would have been offered a job. This wasnt just Bernstein.

I dont think Mitch is looking for a job to get North on the air, but if something did come up....he at least has broken the ice and calling him wouldnt be so awkward.

The key still sits in Tearys hands. As long as he drops his comments, the show exists in its current state and they maintain approvable, but declining ratings.

Mitch would have no issue bringing back a North, Mac and _______ show. Where that show would be is the issue. If Teary goes away and Dan makes some power play, watch for a contract issue there, even though Danny would take about half his normal salary to stay working there, Mitch might make such a move.

The big part of all was that Mitch and North spoke. They hadnt since North left.

The stupid part is North not seeing that it was the first step of repairing something and he took his shots the first chance he could.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:12 pm 

north mac and mannelly.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
3rd guy needs to drive...thus I am thinking finfer....That 3rd guy needs to take a title as Producer/Host. Which is half the problem with the station now. All these guys that served as producers, who busted there asses as producer now dont lift a finger as a host, and the shows are no better than listening to a phone call between Nas and Good Dolphin talking Bears.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:49 pm 

bigfan wrote:
Mitch would have no issue bringing back a North, Mac and _______ show. Where that show would be is the issue.

Middays once Spiegel's contract runs out, with Goff and Dan reunited?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

Bottom line: As long as Bernstein is at the SCORE, Mike North will not be at THE SCORE.

Mitch and Zim have chosen their lane. Mike North was once FOTS. They went from "Mike North Meatball radio" to "DAN BERNSTEIN RADIO".

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:05 pm 

Bernstein's power base might be eroded if when he goes solo the ratings plummet. All kinds of stuff might happen then.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:06 pm 

Zizou wrote:
Bernstein's power base might be eroded if when he goes solo the ratings plummet. All kinds of stuff might happen then.

Conversations will be had. Changes will be made. Voices will be passive.