It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WCUB Launching
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:26 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
mitch taking no time to kick the WSOX out the door and WCUB going live from Wrigley on Monday. M&H, then Spiegs and Goff live.

I think they did 1 live show from COMISKULAR...and never in park either...once at that ChiSox bar and grill I think?

Post subject: Re: WCUB Launching
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:31 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
bigfan wrote:
mitch taking no time to kick the WSOX out the door and WCUB going live from Wrigley on Monday. M&H, then Spiegs and Goff live.

I think they did 1 live show from COMISKULAR...and never in park either...once at that ChiSox bar and grill I think?

That's not true. The did every opening day somewhere down there. And guaranteed they'd be live if the Sox were in the playoffs. Enjoy the Cubs on your favorite radio station. for me the Sox leaving just means I have less bernsteinism to deal with. No more fucking Rongey.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:33 am 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:44 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
bigfan wrote:

That's not true. The did every opening day somewhere down there. And guaranteed they'd be live if the Sox were in the playoffs. Enjoy the Cubs on your favorite radio station. for me the Sox leaving just means I have less bernsteinism to deal with. No more fucking Rongey.

"Somewhere down there" LOL thats the point....

It should have been at US Cellular....they tried one live post game from the Bullpen bar, couldnt get a sponsor and that went away.

You wont tune into 890.... :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:46 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
bigfan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
bigfan wrote:

It should have been at US Cellular....they tried one live post game from the Bullpen bar, couldnt get a sponsor and that went away.

Of course I will. Where else would I listen to the games?

Anyway, I really don't give a shit where the goofs from the Score do their remotes. I don't think it has anything to do with the "greatness" of the 107 year losers either.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:47 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
first sox weekly today after the Notre Dame game on WLS. No Rongey! temp fill-in Rob Hart.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:49 am 

Thought JORR would be a little cheery today? :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:36 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Hatchetman wrote:
first sox weekly today after the Notre Dame game on WLS. No Rongey! temp fill-in Rob Hart.

Rob Hart is a really talented radio guy who had the shittiest of all shitty breaks when he left WGN to be the top guy at FM News 101, arguably the biggest failure in Chicago radio history. He's also a huge Sox fan. If he gets Rongey's pre/post gig, he's earned it. That said, he is sort of on the Bernstein Tree, so it could be more of the same. Let's hope not.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
bigfan wrote:
Thought JORR would be a little cheery today? :lol:

he's #FOCUSed, no doubt =]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Barnaby's
bigfan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Being forced to move to 890AM makes Uncle Jerry throwing his weight around at ESPN1000 with the “you won’t get another bite at the apple” remark seem even more foolish in retrospect.

Last edited by WindyCityBreeze on Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset

"Music Radio 89...WLS!"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:27 pm 

I really have no idea what they do now ? Is it all talk radio? Syndicated?

Is there a local show that would promote them? or are they gonna to make Kittle walk around to all the other radio stations again with the Bacon on a stick?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Curious Hair wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Rob Hart is a really talented radio guy who had the shittiest of all shitty breaks when he left WGN to be the top guy at FM News 101, arguably the biggest failure in Chicago radio history. He's also a huge Sox fan. If he gets Rongey's pre/post gig, he's earned it. That said, he is sort of on the Bernstein Tree, so it could be more of the same. Let's hope not.

Rob Hart was doing news this morning on Mr. Fix It, Lou Mafredini's Show on WGN 720 AM. Lou asked Rob if he was permanently taking over the time slot and Rob replied as far as he knew, yes. Good guy.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:04 pm 

bigfan wrote:
I really have no idea what they do now ? Is it all talk radio? Syndicated?

They're live and local in drive times, Brandmeier has a syndicated show in mid-mornings, Rush in middays, and syndicated B-team right-wing nutbars in evenings and overnights.

Weekends largely consist of infomercials, yes, infomercials, like channel 50 at 4 in the morning but on a radio station. Usually they're for probiotic pills to make you shit your guts out, how to hoard precious metals for the upcoming global apocalypse, or other things that appeal to the old and frightened (robot insurance?). One infomercial was notably named "My Pillow," which I took for some kind of smoky-voiced sex talk show before finding out it was just paid programming for a pillow.

If it's any consolation, they don't have any idea what they're doing either. I think they're just killing time until they can stop carrying Rush. They might not have enough time to kill; Cumulus could be seriously fucked.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:23 pm 

Why the heck would the White Sox go to WLS?!?

This still baffles the mind. The signal and station itself is a terrible sinking mess.

I thought for sure they would have been picked up by WGN.

But the again, WGN hasn't exactly been making a lot of sense for a couple of years now...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:25 pm 

WLS sucks, but I'm glad the Sox didn't wind up on WGN. A world where the Cubs are on 670 and the Sox are on 720 is an upside-down world indeed. Even before the Score, the Sox spent years and years on WMAQ.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:34 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
WLS sucks, but I'm glad the Sox didn't wind up on WGN. A world where the Cubs are on 670 and the Sox are on 720 is an upside-down world indeed. Even before the Score, the Sox spent years and years on WMAQ.

I remember it well, CH. My dad's car radio never left 670 AM... ever. Country music and the Sox kept him a very happy camper. He even had the bumper sticker hoping WMAQ was gonna make him rich.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:22 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
bigfan wrote:

Pretty ironic when you consider the fact that Mitch doesn't even get the Score job without Jerry Reinsdorf giving him his blessing.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:27 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Pretty ironic when you consider the fact that Mitch doesn't even get the Score job without Jerry Reinsdorf giving him his blessing.

Is that so? Interesting.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:06 pm 

NEVER...in 10 years did the Sox have all the shows doing broadcasts from The CELL....Not once..

I am talking M&H, Spiegs, Devil and Boers, and even Leary...will be doing the shows from Wrigley all day.

Why is that???? Was it the Score not wanting to? Was it the Sox not accomodating them as their FLAGSHIP Station?

I mean the Sox could have built them a studio on the dime of the Ill state taxpayers....

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:09 pm 

My guess is that the Sox felt that they were doing enough for the Score by gracing their airwaves with their games and thus didn't have to go any extra mile for promotion. Am I in the right neighborhood on this?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:35 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
My guess is that the Sox felt that they were doing enough for the Score by gracing their airwaves with their games and thus didn't have to go any extra mile for promotion. Am I in the right neighborhood on this?

I dont know, didnt ask "hey, why didnt you ever have any decent relationship with your own flagship station?"...but just a continuation of the ineptiitude.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Godfella wrote:
Why the heck would the White Sox go to WLS?!?

This still baffles the mind. The signal and station itself is a terrible sinking mess.

I thought for sure they would have been picked up by WGN.

But the again, WGN hasn't exactly been making a lot of sense for a couple of years now...

No one wants the Sox and their rating turds.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:39 pm 

They want the ratings. Problem is when you get into attach yourself to White Sox business, you are doomed. Look what happened to Alex Snellius's wife!

Actually agree with Brick on the fact that upside potential exists in almost every realm, but dont agree as to the degree of upside.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:44 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
bigfan wrote:
They want the ratings. Problem is when you get into attach yourself to White Sox business, you are doomed. Look what happened to Alex Snellius's wife!

Actually agree with Brick on the fact that upside potential exists in almost every realm, but dont agree as to the degree of upside.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: wow.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:46 pm 

Darkside wrote:
bigfan wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: wow.

Too soon to destroy the loving memory?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:39 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
bigfan wrote:
NEVER...in 10 years did the Sox have all the shows doing broadcasts from The CELL....Not once..

I am talking M&H, Spiegs, Devil and Boers, and even Leary...will be doing the shows from Wrigley all day.

Why is that???? Was it the Score not wanting to? Was it the Sox not accomodating them as their FLAGSHIP Station?

I mean the Sox could have built them a studio on the dime of the Ill state taxpayers....

All very good questions.

The Score received the big push for a couple of years after the WS Victory and then did nothing in return.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:45 am 

bigfan wrote:
http://chicagoradioandmedia.com/news/6432-chicago-white-sox-opening-day-2014-special-radio-shows

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:46 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Sox are usually out of the running by the time they have their home opener some time in May.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:47 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
BRick and Hatchet.

:lol: