It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 5:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
denisdman wrote:
BF has a new avatar? Who hacked your account?

He's had that avatar for a long time.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:30 am 

bigfan wrote:
fading out way before the games end...cant even do a post game gig....and not even angry...have accepted my fate of death.

I have driving around I have to do in the 3-6 pm hour on Sundays right now so it is perfectly timed for some postgame. However, in game, I am at that point right now. This was always going to be a transition year as they couldn't possibly assemble players for Fangio in the short window of time. Even if they did, 0-3 was almost unavoidable. 1-2 would have been an acceptable start even for a good team.

It will get better as the year goes on. These first three teams all can make a legitimate claim to Super Bowl contender.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:51 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Listening right now. Not bad.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:02 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
North still trumpeting Janikowski. Some things never change.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
Peoria Matt wrote:

Is his show brought to you by Basta Pasta?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Speedway
Matches Malone wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

That dump still open?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:17 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
just like OB and doug i fade out within about an hour or so.... but still you miss OB and doug no matter what.

north had a bunch of stats today, he had some yelling and whatnot... i still think he could use a cohost but idk if that's ego or economics or a bit of both. part of what made OB and doug the standard was that you had one guy yelling while the other one would change up with LINE STUNTS, DOUG, LINE STUNTS!!!! and suffice to say there's no LINE STUNTS on north's show.

but something about there being an inherent comfort zone with his voice yelling makes it work for me. i just gotta remember the drive is 97.1 and not 94.7 cuz i always get those fuckers mixed up.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
ChicagoEd wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

That dump still open?

Nope. Long gone.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:58 pm 

I was a at a abr where North's producer/board op hangs out; he texted someone at the bar and telling them that North was dying and needed phone calls, and we should call in ( this was about 5PM).

I guess it still is all about the billboards...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:34 pm 

didea wrote:
I was a at a abr where North's producer/board op hangs out; he texted someone at the bar and telling them that North was dying and needed phone calls, and we should call in ( this was about 5PM).

well it also makes sense cuz the guy's on a music station with no history of doing this... radio's a medium of familiarity and habit/ritual whatnot, and the combination of doing this on a station that doesnt have anybody turning it on out of routine and mike north not being the UH, PRETTY BIG FUCKING DEAL that he used to be = well hell yeah 2+hrs into a postgame show you're going to be el fuckedo, especially when even appointment listeners like me are out right around the danny mac call 45-60mins into it. i don't need to hear the same shit over and over and over again when there's redzone/SNF or even baseball around.

wasn't ob and doug only 2hrs?

but yeah wtf is the # for the drive? i only called les during the lovie era and i remember 312-644-6767.... who remembers the drive?

i told you lot, he needs a cohost bad. idk if it's ego/$$$ or a combo of both... .shrug.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
The post game calls are kind of weird. Its like people calling to fuck with North.

North tells a story about how he saw Matt Forte at Tulane and asked his producer at the time JEN JEN to call and ask about him...Tulane said they wouldnt let him talk .

So, North found Matt Forte!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
bigfan wrote:
The post game calls are kind of weird. Its like people calling to fuck with North.

North tells a story about how he saw Matt Forte at Tulane and asked his producer at the time JEN JEN to call and ask about him...Tulane said they wouldnt let him talk .

So, North found Matt Forte!

He found Forte but the guy had no clue who Mark DeRosa was.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:34 am 

sinicalypse wrote:
didea wrote:

well it also makes sense cuz the guy's on a music station with no history of doing this... radio's a medium of familiarity and habit/ritual whatnot, and the combination of doing this on a station that doesnt have anybody turning it on out of routine and mike north not being the UH, PRETTY BIG FUCKING DEAL that he used to be = well hell yeah 2+hrs into a postgame show you're going to be el fuckedo, especially when even appointment listeners like me are out right around the danny mac call 45-60mins into it. i don't need to hear the same shit over and over and over again when there's redzone/SNF or even baseball around.

wasn't ob and doug only 2hrs?

but yeah wtf is the # for the drive? i only called les during the lovie era and i remember 312-644-6767.... who remembers the drive?

i told you lot, he needs a cohost bad. idk if it's ego/$$$ or a combo of both... .shrug.

I don't know about shortening the time. For all the post game we have in this city, local sports talk goes black a couple hours after the game. I would think there is an opportunity to catch some listeners 3-4 after the game

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:49 pm 

Mike North doing BEARS POSTGAME wrote:
and the bears beat the chiefs 18-7...

ok lol i get it anyone can flub a score update, but comeon pappy YOU ARE LITERALLY DOING A FUCKING POSTGAME SHOW ABOUT THE 18-17 BEARS WIN YOU JUST WATCHED!!!!! HOW CAN YOU FUCK UP THE SCORE?!?!?!

otherwise, solid show today.... tho on a winning day like today instead of instant and immdiate outrage it's a lot of mike dropping stats and basically doing the "hey the bears aren't all bad" aka "i think they can beat the lions" show, which goes to show that his format works better with losses/outrage/EMOting and whatnot, and when it's more of a relaxed victory-postgame show you really really see that the dude needs a cohost to converse with cuz he doesn't have too much.

fortunately after last week's "plz call up he's dying out there!" stuff this week he seems to have wayyyyy too informative/jokey/long-call callers....maybe he's finally shelling out a few bucks to get pro-callers (like i suspect many shows in contemporary radio do) or maybe he talked some of "his guys" to calling in and going longform, cuz the show is better when he has a rapport with SOMEONE/ANYONE to bounce back and forth with, otherwise you just end up with him giving stats and saying "HEY THE BEARS CAN BE PRETTY GOOD" and wow, i still have the show on at 4:47 today which is basically a record for me.... tho after this cigarette i'm going over to patsis/cowboys and i should have redzone on the laptop..... wtf am i doing?

did mcneil not come on today or did i miss him? i dont remember him mentioning mcneil at any point today and i surely dont remember the danny mac call, so maybe he's out and about puffing one on a golf course somewhere on what's prolly the last ~75-80 degree day of the year..... can't blame him for that when he doesn't roll out of bed for under 300k =D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:57 pm 

Mike North wrote:
Chris Mortensen is a dumbass.... he just copies off of Adam Schefter's paper!

Mike North wrote:
the lions got rid of fairley who is out there doing his thing in LA..... sorry, i mean st louis!

Mike North wrote:
it's sorta funny that they got rid of jared allen and they won 2 in a row

SPORTS! ATTITUDE! BITE!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:00 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I think it's funny that North is still bringing on Vegas business owners to interview for no apparent reason other than to get some free shit on his next trip.

Today it was some guy that owns the "best Chicago bar in Vegas" which led to a lot of "you grew up by 'da Lynch auto dealer?" / "so 'dat was near Portage Park? HAAA!", etc. talk.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:41 pm 

today by about 5:15-5:30 he's moved on to cubs talk (cuz you'll notice that the show isn't technically called "the mike north postgame show" or anything, it's "the mike north sports weekend") and yeah, sheeeeit, at least they're not 100% beating the same bears talking points over and over and over for the whole ~3hrs.

and hey, if you could get free shit in vegas wouldn't you do it? #ImJustSayin....................#AthansMotors

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:56 pm 

glad hes talking cubs. just wish he would drink while talking

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:59 pm 
Ended up with North while running errands when the WGN show was a train wreck. It wasn't awful.

Hey Pig Vomit. Bears fans are tuning in for OB. Not the one sentence of OB and the rest Mark Carmen i heard in my 10 minute trial listen.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Baby McNown wrote:
Hey Pig Vomit. Bears fans are tuning in for OB. Not the one sentence of OB and the rest Mark Carmen i heard in my 10 minute trial listen.

Pig Vomit died a year ago.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:12 pm 
Curious Hair wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:

Pig Vomit died a year ago.

I didn't see a link to his interview with Spada. My bad.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:35 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Mike wetting himself because Reinsdorf called him:

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/2015 ... 151209971/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Señor wrote:
Well, we had dinner.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6