It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 5:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fred Mitchell
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:59 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
hanging it up....and the article states somewhere....had a good run.

For a guy to do this so long and never hear him in a controversy. Pretty impressive.

Can you tell me where Mark Bortz had dinner last night? :D

Post subject: Re: Fred Mitchell
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:04 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
hopefully B&B play the George Offman drop where the Bears signed him to the offensive line

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Always liked Fred....class act!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
I was behind him in line a few weeks ago at the Jewels in Oak Park on Roosevelt. The guy looked great at like 8am. He was with a woman who appeared to be a vagrant or something. It was kind of weird.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:57 pm 

DannyB wrote:
I was behind him in line a few weeks ago at the Jewels in Oak Park on Roosevelt. The guy looked great at like 8am. He was with a woman who appeared to be a vagrant or something. It was kind of weird.

That was Ben Carson

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
Freddie Mitchell was one of the go to guys for Inside Edition when reporting on the Ryne Sandberg is having sex with his neighbor story way back when. Why they were interested in it I don't know, but Mitchell was on air with them giving his thoughts on the affair.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Beggars
I met him in the 80's at a Lansing radio station (WLNR) for the Al Scardini Show. Super nice guy.

Does anyone remember that show - lol???!!

Best of luck to Fred. I'm sure he'll find another gig as I think I read he still wants to work.

Last edited by cpguy on Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Ryne Sandberg had sex with his neighbor?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
Matches Malone wrote:
Freddie Mitchell was one of the go to guys for Inside Edition when reporting on the Ryne Sandberg is having sex with his neighbor story way back when. Why they were interested in it I don't know, but Mitchell was on air with them giving his thoughts on the affair.

Ryne had to get his cooze somewhere because Cindy was screwing Davey Martinez in the clubhouse while Ryno was playing baseball.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
Hatchetman wrote:
Ryne Sandberg had sex with his neighbor?

Odds & Ins

July 27, 1995|By Fred Mitchell.

PLATTEVILLE, Wis. — Cindy Sandberg has heard the rumors, read the innuendos and winced at the gossip.

The recent ex-wife of retired Cubs star Ryne Sandberg says she wants to set the record straight.

Sandberg has written a book discussing, to a degree, his reasons for leaving the game that was paying him $7 million a year and he has touched on the breakup of his marriage.

But no one has approached Cindy to ask her about the damaging published statements and whispers about her private life.

"Actually, you are the first person to ask me," she said Wednesday from her home in suburban Phoenix. "I find the rumors amusing. These people don't know me, don't know what I am doing and never have."

For starters, Cindy addressed published and broadcast reports about her and two of her former husband's teammates.

"It was just friends," she said of those relationships with the players and their wives. ". . . . At that point I would be considered the veteran wife on the team."

The Sandberg's divorce became official July 5. They live in separate houses down the street from each other.

Cindy and Ryne have joint custody of their children, Justin (11) and Lindsey (12). Cindy is most concerned about the effect the reports about her might have on her children.

"I showed my kids the article that was written in the Tribune Magazine," she said. "I showed it to my daughter and she started reading it. Then she just put it away."

Cindy says she wishes Ryne and his fiance, whom he is expected to marry next month, the best in the future. (This was the neighbor.)

Cindy said she and Ryne divorced as amicably as possible under the circumstances and she will always cherish the good times in their 16-year marriage.

"Especially the 1984 season. But right now, Ryne and I are statistics."

Not the first time: Cindy also revealed Wednesday that she first filed for divorce in December 1993. The couple reconciled between Christmas and New Year's Eve, but she filed again right after Sandberg announced his retirement in June of '94.

"I have a very strong sense of family and I like families to be together," she said. "It is very hard not being able to have my children with me every day. Now that we are not together, the kids go back and forth."

Asked if their failed marriage was the determining factor in her husband's retirement, Cindy said: "Ryne retired because he was ready to retire. Ryne did what Ryne wanted to do. And I stood behind his decision."

Fred Mitchell.... All things Sandberg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:27 am 

That second wife was homely 20 years ago.

It's difficult to picture Ryne with kids in their 30s. Maybe they post here.

I like the "just friends". My wife isn't friends with any of my friends independent of me and I'd think it strange if they were.

I'd love to know what Cindy is up to these days.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:24 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
rogers park bryan wrote:
DannyB wrote:

That was Ben Carson

Carson's wife looks like Eddie Murphy dressed as a woman, in one of his awful movies.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way