It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ozzie
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:48 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Caught some Ozzie in studio with Bruce this morning. I honestly dont think I heard one second of the Score this week. Showed up early to an appt, so had my coffee and tuned in.

Was this promoted at all during the week? because any Sox fan would have loved to have heard what he was talking about and his conversations with Jerry this week.

Also great hearing him talk about bloop hits with KC and dropping a few "shiiitts" on the air, but the thick accent and speed at which he talks helps cover it up.

Post subject: Re: Ozzie
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:51 am 

I heard Bruce promote it last week, but I didn't hear it mentioned in the limited time I listened this week. Ozzie sounded remarkably mellow and objective. I loved how he talked about squeezing every cent out of the Marlins though :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Cowley mentioned it a few times yesterday while sitting in for Speigs,

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:52 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
I heard Bruce promote it last week, but I didn't hear it mentioned in the limited time I listened this week. Ozzie sounded remarkably mellow and objective. I loved how he talked about squeezing every cent out of the Marlins though :lol:

"shhhheeeet....erh I mean poor fielding"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:36 pm 

sox fans should regard him favorably, in retrospect. he was a crazy dude but very lively and entertaining. good player and obviously *2005*.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:39 pm 

I heard one "shit." He was talking about KC's team speed and how it plays in their defense and taking extra bases. "Nobody sees that shit." There was a couple seconds of silence then Espo went into a question. Funny stuff

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Shouldn't you be able to say "shit" on the air by now? Really?

I wish Sirius or even podcasts would have R rated talk shows, calling guys fuckers and stuff.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
bigfan wrote:
Caught some Ozzie in studio with Bruce this morning. I honestly dont think I heard one second of the Score this week. Showed up early to an appt, so had my coffee and tuned in.

Was this promoted at all during the week? because any Sox fan would have loved to have heard what he was talking about and his conversations with Jerry this week.

Also great hearing him talk about bloop hits with KC and dropping a few "shiiitts" on the air, but the thick accent and speed at which he talks helps cover it up.

He was great this morning.....I wonder why he isn't managing.....he should be back with the Sox.....

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

I wish Sirius or even podcasts would have R rated talk shows, calling guys fuckers and stuff.

Howard Stern has been on Sirius for ten years.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:50 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Chus wrote:

yeah and combined he's worked for about 4-5 of them.

he really checked out after the merger once he realized there was no more financial motive for him to put on good/entertaining shows. hell, he ended up suing them trying to get more out of the actual merger after awhile.... and you know that you're gonna put on a grade A+ show for the company that you're suing for hundreds of millions of dollars..... 2-3 days a week!

Wigward wrote:
we're going to work some fridays

the absolute death knell was when artie was jettisoned from the show and basically not replaced. love him or hate him he was the last actual human being on that show.... now it's just like.... man i dont even care enough to see how bad it's gotten.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:09 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
Chus wrote:

yeah and combined he's worked for about 4-5 of them.

he really checked out after the merger once he realized there was no more financial motive for him to put on good/entertaining shows. hell, he ended up suing them trying to get more out of the actual merger after awhile.... and you know that you're gonna put on a grade A+ show for the company that you're suing for hundreds of millions of dollars..... 2-3 days a week!

Wigward wrote:
we're going to work some fridays

the absolute death knell was when artie was jettisoned from the show and basically not replaced. love him or hate him he was the last actual human being on that show.... now it's just like.... man i dont even care enough to see how bad it's gotten.

I know. I used to listen everyday, but I haven't listened in a year or so, maybe longer.

I was just pointing out that there are R rated talk shows on Sirius.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

bigfan wrote:

Hasn't Ozzie been on the station several times over the years? I don't really care what he as to say at this point.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:38 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
You would have thought that Kenny and him were best buds.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I'd love him as Sox color guy, but not gonna happen.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:50 am 

Seacrest wrote:
You would have thought that Kenny and him were best buds.

They just cant work together. If Jerry is talking to him, as Ozzie said, you know Jerry has a reason for it.

Lets see, they need a latin speaking, defensive minded coach....Hmmmm...Know any of them?

I am sure they hadnt talked for quite some time. Not a guess, but 2-3 times over past 2 years.

I know how Jerry works. He doesnt ever ask the question, but has a conversation and sizes up the situation.

By no means am I saying Ozzie is being signed here...but at this point, it wouldnt even come close to surprising me , knowing that they spoke this week.

Also, might be one of the best things they could do. I even think Ventura would be OK with it, would be good for the gate.

Now....you have that little problem of that Snitching Coach??????

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:32 am 

Chus wrote:

yeah but howard stern isn't r-rated anymore. when's the last time you remember anyone taking a sybian ride? (tho in fairness the sybian ppl prolly stopped paying howard to shill their machine to his dedicated audience of 25k every day)

gotta give him credit tho....he turned "so how much money are you worth?" / "how big is your cock? 8 inches? beer can thick? wow i bet it's a beer can thick 8 inches.... look at you man... living the dream. i wish i could hang out with you and we could do some real man things" </hetero> / and of course "why do you hate your father" ---- yeah he turned those 3 things into this schtick where he's some supposedly godly interviewer, and thats his attempt to reinvent himself to befriend as many celebrities as possible b4 his vanity project of a show mercifully gets taken out back like old yeller in the next few years.

honestly howard has to have amassed 500mil-1bil right now.... why does he bother? clearly the show is the only claim to relevance he still has ("he used to be really good at radio in the 90s") and without it he'd just be another old rich queen living in florida paying beff da beard her millions to go shopping and take selfies with cats while he fucks ralph and whatever young ass he can buy down in the grotto of his mansion.

ah well, at least we got to find out that the guy who made a name slaying phonies in the 90s ended up being the phoniest wigged old queen in radio. kind of sad, but hey he used to have a good radio show. first 2 years on sirius were pretty damn fun, you know? RIP.

i've ended up going over to cumia's show lately. pretty good. it scares off all the pussy redditor O&A fans who wanna call ant a racist bigot cuz he doesnt preach leftarded groupthink.... but hey we had a jocktober last month!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:34 am 

oh and chus, if you havent seen it http://bethfanpage.blogspot.com and you're welcome! enjoy!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:07 am 

sinicalypse wrote:
Chus wrote:

yeah but howard stern isn't r-rated anymore. when's the last time you remember anyone taking a sybian ride?

Many years ago. I stopped listening completely. If somebody would have told me in 2010, that I would not be listening at all in 2015, I would have called them a dirty liar.

sinicalypse wrote:
oh and chus, if you havent seen it http://bethfanpage.blogspot.com and you're welcome! enjoy!

I have been reading it since the first time you posted that link. I can't get enough. :lol:

<º)))><

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:47 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
sinicalypse wrote:
gotta give him credit tho....he turned "so how much money are you worth?" / "how big is your cock? 8 inches? beer can thick? wow i bet it's a beer can thick 8 inches.... look at you man... living the dream. i wish i could hang out with you and we could do some real man things" </hetero> /

Yep. I was flipping through Sirius channels the other day and I heard these two goofs, Oakerson and some other dope, talking about cocks and the colors of their cocks, etc. It was the kind of thing Howard could do and it would be funny and not queer at all. With these guys it wasn't funny and it seemed totally gay.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:02 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Yep. I was flipping through Sirius channels the other day and I heard these two goofs, Oakerson and some other dope, talking about cocks and the colors of their cocks, etc. It was the kind of thing Howard could do and it would be funny and not queer at all. With these guys it wasn't funny and it seemed totally gay.

Classic Stern. He, and his guys, who are often overlooked, could take the dumbest topic, and make it entertaining.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
bigfan wrote:
Lets see, they need a latin speaking, defensive minded coach....Hmmmm...Know any of them?

That's going to be a tough get.

Not too many of those people walking around, let alone defensive minded ones.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:33 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
An R rated sports show is needed to call Aqib Talib a motherfucker.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:35 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
bigfan wrote:

Lets see, they need a latin speaking coach

Eamus catuli!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:54 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Regular Reader wrote:
I loved how he talked about squeezing every cent out of the Marlins though :lol:

Reminds me of when Mongo bragged about stealing the Packers' money in the last year of his career.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:10 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:
gotta give him credit tho....he turned "so how much money are you worth?" / "how big is your cock? 8 inches? beer can thick? wow i bet it's a beer can thick 8 inches.... look at you man... living the dream. i wish i could hang out with you and we could do some real man things" </hetero> /

I had to drive around Friday night. My minivan has Sirius so I flipped on the show. It was focused around George Takei. I immediately flipped to 101 and it was also focused on George Takei. I don't know where they get their information, but there is nothing interesting about George. He was originally brought on as a kind of celebrity whack packer. Now that they treat him as legit he really has nothing to offer other than stories of his lifestyle as a very old gay guy.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:13 am 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Matches Malone wrote:
bigfan wrote:

That's going to be a tough get.

Not too many of those people walking around, let alone defensive minded ones.

Especially with a sense of humor.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:16 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere