It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 9:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mizzou Protest
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:57 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
That skinny bitch is a communications major :lol: ... Not a fire able offense IMO.. But she's made herself look really bad.. Maybe a suspension is warranted.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:59 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
http://dailycaller.com/2015/11/11/mizzo ... -reporter/

University of Missouri faculty member Melissa Click apologized Tuesday night and resigned her courtesy appointment with the Missouri School of Journalism. David Kurpius, dean of the journalism school at MU, posted the news to Twitter just before 9 p.m.

This is...interesting:

http://dailycaller.com/2015/11/10/the-9 ... rd-resume/

The 9 Most Preposterous Parts Of Melissa Click’s Absurd Résumé

Posted By Blake Neff On 3:23 PM 11/10/2015 In | No Comments

America has become enthralled with the spectre of Melissa Click, a University of Missouri (MU) professor who was caught on video threatening a cameraman with mob violence for attempting to cover on-campus protests. But perhaps the most appalling thing about Click isn’t what she did on Monday, but rather what she has done over the previous 15 years of her academic career.

As an associate professor for MU, Click been making over $50,000 a year to teach and conduct research in the field of communications. Click’s curriculum vitae (academia’s glorified, lengthy version of a résumé), available on MU’s website, chronicles an eclectic set of interests that she studies at taxpayer expense, including Twilight, Martha Stewart, and more. Here’s the highlights:

1. “Graduate Certificate in Advanced Feminist Studies, University of Massachusetts-Amherst”

The ground zero of Click’s activism. While officially a communications professor, she also made the effort to get an additional credential, not just in women’s studies, not just in feminist studies, but in advanced feminist studies. A quick online investigation suggests this exact program may only exist at UMass-Amherst.

2. ‘More drinkin’, less thinkin’, fewer teeth, and beer’: Representations of class in CMT’s My Big Redneck Wedding”

Available online here! Click’s conclusion: “Pink Sneakers and CMT have no plans for a fourth season of the show and that is probably a good thing—the show is too steeped in stereotypes to offer viewers any sort of useful look at redneck identity.”

3. “Fifty Shades of postfeminism: Contextualizing readers’ reflections on the erotic romance series. In E. Levine (ed.) Feeling Feminine: Popular Culture for Women in the Early 21st Century.”

Sadly, this book chapter has not yet been published, so the masses will have to wait to learn about Click’s critical post-feminist insights on 50 Shades of Grey.

4. “Saving food: Finding the politics of the everyday in food preservation. Environmental Communication, 4, 301-317”

Here, Click manages to spend 15 pages describing how the act of canning food can help destroy capitalism.

“Unlike the dominant discourses of food movements, which encourage an individualistic, consumer-oriented politics, food preservation emphasizes connection and relationships and thus has the potential to subvert the capitalistic logic of the global agro-food industry,” Click writes.

5. “Center for Arts and Humanities Grant, University of Missouri. Awarded to support travel to attend TwiCon in Dallas, TX for study of Twilight fans.”

That’s right, in 2009 Click received taxpayer funding to attend a Twilight fan convention.

6. “The trouble with Thomas: A closer look at the popular children’s Series.”

Apparently, there is something highly problematic inherent in the Thomas the Tank Engine series. Alas, the book is not out yet, so once again readers will have to wait before devouring Click’s savory scholarly insights about this troubling program.

7. “It’s ‘a good thing’: The commodification of femininity, affluence and whiteness in the Martha Stewart phenomenon.”

Click’s dissertation. Since then, she has proven to be really, really interested in Martha Stewart, authoring several papers and book chapters about her. Another standout work: “Perfecting fanaticism?: U.S. audiences’ love/hate relationships with Martha Stewart.”

8. “Twitards and Tyler’s Van: Anti-fans, Twilight, and textuality.”

Along with Martha Stewart, Twilight appears to be Click’s chief scholarly passion. At a glance, it is nearly impossible to tell what this paper is actually about.

9. “Advisor of the Year Award from Association of Communication Graduate Students of the University of Missouri.”

America is doomed.

Follow Blake on Twitter

Send tips to blake@dailycallernewsfoundation.org.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Tad Queasy wrote:
dailycallernewsfoundation.org.

College Professors do weird stuff, stop the presses.

"Founded by Tucker Carlson"

Hey it's RR's bow tie guy!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Tad Queasy wrote:
http://dailycaller.com/2015/11/11/mizzou-communications-professor-resigns-from-appointment-after-threatening-reporter/

University of Missouri faculty member Melissa Click apologized Tuesday night and resigned her courtesy appointment with the Missouri School of Journalism. David Kurpius, dean of the journalism school at MU, posted the news to Twitter just before 9 p.m.

This is...interesting:

http://dailycaller.com/2015/11/10/the-9 ... rd-resume/

The 9 Most Preposterous Parts Of Melissa Click’s Absurd Résumé

Posted By Blake Neff On 3:23 PM 11/10/2015 In | No Comments

America has become enthralled with the spectre of Melissa Click, a University of Missouri (MU) professor who was caught on video threatening a cameraman with mob violence for attempting to cover on-campus protests. But perhaps the most appalling thing about Click isn’t what she did on Monday, but rather what she has done over the previous 15 years of her academic career.

As an associate professor for MU, Click been making over $50,000 a year to teach and conduct research in the field of communications. Click’s curriculum vitae (academia’s glorified, lengthy version of a résumé), available on MU’s website, chronicles an eclectic set of interests that she studies at taxpayer expense, including Twilight, Martha Stewart, and more. Here’s the highlights:

1. “Graduate Certificate in Advanced Feminist Studies, University of Massachusetts-Amherst”

The ground zero of Click’s activism. While officially a communications professor, she also made the effort to get an additional credential, not just in women’s studies, not just in feminist studies, but in advanced feminist studies. A quick online investigation suggests this exact program may only exist at UMass-Amherst.

2. ‘More drinkin’, less thinkin’, fewer teeth, and beer’: Representations of class in CMT’s My Big Redneck Wedding”

Available online here! Click’s conclusion: “Pink Sneakers and CMT have no plans for a fourth season of the show and that is probably a good thing—the show is too steeped in stereotypes to offer viewers any sort of useful look at redneck identity.”

3. “Fifty Shades of postfeminism: Contextualizing readers’ reflections on the erotic romance series. In E. Levine (ed.) Feeling Feminine: Popular Culture for Women in the Early 21st Century.”

Sadly, this book chapter has not yet been published, so the masses will have to wait to learn about Click’s critical post-feminist insights on 50 Shades of Grey.

4. “Saving food: Finding the politics of the everyday in food preservation. Environmental Communication, 4, 301-317”

Here, Click manages to spend 15 pages describing how the act of canning food can help destroy capitalism.

“Unlike the dominant discourses of food movements, which encourage an individualistic, consumer-oriented politics, food preservation emphasizes connection and relationships and thus has the potential to subvert the capitalistic logic of the global agro-food industry,” Click writes.

5. “Center for Arts and Humanities Grant, University of Missouri. Awarded to support travel to attend TwiCon in Dallas, TX for study of Twilight fans.”

That’s right, in 2009 Click received taxpayer funding to attend a Twilight fan convention.

6. “The trouble with Thomas: A closer look at the popular children’s Series.”

Apparently, there is something highly problematic inherent in the Thomas the Tank Engine series. Alas, the book is not out yet, so once again readers will have to wait before devouring Click’s savory scholarly insights about this troubling program.

7. “It’s ‘a good thing’: The commodification of femininity, affluence and whiteness in the Martha Stewart phenomenon.”

Click’s dissertation. Since then, she has proven to be really, really interested in Martha Stewart, authoring several papers and book chapters about her. Another standout work: “Perfecting fanaticism?: U.S. audiences’ love/hate relationships with Martha Stewart.”

8. “Twitards and Tyler’s Van: Anti-fans, Twilight, and textuality.”

Along with Martha Stewart, Twilight appears to be Click’s chief scholarly passion. At a glance, it is nearly impossible to tell what this paper is actually about.

9. “Advisor of the Year Award from Association of Communication Graduate Students of the University of Missouri.”

America is doomed.

Follow Blake on Twitter

Send tips to blake@dailycallernewsfoundation.org.

Fucking academics

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Il-Forno in Deerfield
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Fucking academics

I wish I could defend us, but I have a colleague who's whole career is based on social movement and feminist rhetoric in the play "Wicked."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:39 pm 

Psycory wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Fucking academics

I wish I could defend us, but I have a colleague who's whole career is based on social movement and feminist rhetoric in the play "Wicked."

See...that's the thing. There are legitimate professors like yourself.

Then there are the "professional students" who are somehow teachers.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Il-Forno in Deerfield
Well there's my compliment of the day. :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:44 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Psycory wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Fucking academics

See...that's the thing. There are legitimate professors like yourself.

Then there are the "professional students" who are somehow teachers.

I think Boyd, you probably have those people in all professions.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:59 pm 

Professional students?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:02 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Professional students?

or the equivalent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:11 pm 

:?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
This is making the rounds in the right-wing echo chamber.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKcWu0tsiZM

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:06 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
dailycallernewsfoundation.org.

College Professors do weird stuff, stop the presses.

"Founded by Tucker Carlson"

Hey it's RR's bow tie guy!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
DannyB wrote:

would smash Penelope

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:36 pm 

Like smash the Patriarchy smash?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Curious Hair wrote:
DannyB wrote:

would smash Penelope

So I let that video play out then this one started right after it. Who is this Ben Shapiro dude?
https://youtu.be/__Vj3DXwOBI

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT THE STUDENTS STILL WANT AT MIZZOU?

or did they just determine its nicer to live in a tent ???

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Professional students?

I think I sort of get it ... at seminary one could pursue an S.T.M. degree instead of the M.Div path to ordination, the former pejoratively referred to as 'Scared To Minister' by virtue of a pursuer of that degree being more innerested in the academics side rather than the 'real' job. Some would then go on to the M.Div of course, but this was the minority of folks that took that path.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:05 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Professional students?

I think I sort of get it ... at seminary one could pursue an S.T.M. degree instead of the M.Div path to ordination, the former pejoratively referred to as 'Scared To Minister' by virtue of a pursuer of that degree being more innerested in the academics side rather than the 'real' job. Some would then go on to the M.Div of course, but this was the minority of folks that took that path.

Huh?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:07 pm 

My MiL has an M.Div. She's a hospital chaplain now. Button 48.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
I just watched the 12-minute video. I cannot wrap my head around those people blocking the photographer from filming this. I literally can't.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
redskingreg wrote:
I just watched the 12-minute video. I cannot wrap my head around those people blocking the photographer from filming this. I literally can't.

Those fuckin blacks.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
spmack wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

Those fuckin blacks.

I hope you're kidding.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:36 pm 

redskingreg wrote:
spmack wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

Those fuckin blacks.

I hope you're kidding.

I am. I was Campin it up for a moment, my apologies.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:37 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
spmack wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

Those fuckin blacks.

:lol: Fuckin' spmack.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:40 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
spmack wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

Those fuckin blacks.

:lol: Fuckin' spmack.

I know, I was laughing myself. I'm glad WashingtonTeamGreg took it in jest.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:22 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Regular Reader wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
:lol:

I say something you don't agree with and you immediately insinuate that I'm a racist and bigot and all that. Seems quite the leap.

And bringing up past posts?

You're struggling here.

Struggling, perhaps. If only because I really don't want to get dragged into this bs with you. If I really wanted to take the time, I could give you your opinion on any issue. Occasionally you're good at dancing around what you really mean, but the speed and intensity with which you engage in certain threads belies your true feelings imo.

That and they're all fairly narrow imo. I rarely engage you (even in White Sox threads) because your posting history has been precisely that for years. Bigoted, narrow minded and often racist. So, take solace in that you've called me an ignorant bigot, and I'll happily discontinue this engagement. I'll laugh about this in the same way I laughed when (I believe it was) you previously called me a fascist.

Next.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:

I say something you don't agree with and you immediately insinuate that I'm a racist and bigot and all that. Seems quite the leap.

And bringing up past posts?

You're struggling here.

Struggling, perhaps. If only because I really don't want to get dragged into this bs with you. If I really wanted to take the time, I could give you your opinion on any issue. Occasionally you're good at dancing around what you really mean, but the speed and intensity with which you engage in certain threads belies your true feelings imo.

That and they're all fairly narrow imo. I rarely engage you (even in White Sox threads) because your posting history has been precisely that for years. Bigoted, narrow minded and often racist. So, take solace in that you've called me an ignorant bigot, and I'll happily discontinue this engagement. I'll laugh about this in the same way I laughed when (I believe it was) you previously called me a fascist.

Next.

Funny .gif.

But no.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
bigfan wrote:
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT THE STUDENTS STILL WANT AT MIZZOU?

or did they just determine its nicer to live in a tent ???

Careful now....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:41 am 

spmack wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

Those fuckin blacks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next