It is currently Wed Sep 25, 2024 1:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 496 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
DannyB wrote:
Great win for Sparty. At OSU. On the road. Without their starting QB. Wow.

OSU lucky they beat Northefn they suck

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
So Iowa moves into the playoffs, right?

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:38 pm 

W_Z wrote:
the Les Miles Bowl today. Will they even show up...

Les to Miami.

You heard it here first.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:43 pm 

Scorehead wrote:

They have to.

For a week.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
spanky wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

They have to.

For a week.

In my world, Oklahoma is ahead of Notre Dame and Iowa.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
Scorehead wrote:

Iowa is the Big Ten's best team. No question about it. They will beat Michigan State in title game.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:43 pm 

Scooter wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

Iowa is the Big Ten's best team. No question about it. They will beat Michigan State in title game.

Not sure on that one.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:48 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Scooter wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

Not sure on that one.

I am. They would beat Ohio State also. Buckeyes most over rated team I can remember recently.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:51 am 

Chus wrote:
spanky wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

They have to.

For a week.

I can't get that Oklahoma loss to Texas out of my head, Texas is terrible.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:28 pm 

Wolverines -2 on Saturday. Star player calls out the Buckeye coaching staff after the game Wheels falling off that Urban bus? Kind of similar to that 2009 Gators squad.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:51 pm 

Zizou wrote:
Wolverines -2 on Saturday. Star player calls out the Buckeye coaching staff after the game Wheels falling off that Urban bus? Kind of similar to that 2009 Gators squad.

What's funnier to me is the outrage at Elliott for publicly calling out the great Urban. Most of the college football know it alls are besides themselves & verklempt. Given that Urban has agreed with Elliott's assessment (to try & keep him on the field) just gilds the lilly for me.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:55 pm 

Chus wrote:
spanky wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

They have to.

For a week.

This guy gets it.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:58 pm 

Scooter wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

I'll take some of that action.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:59 pm 

Chus wrote:
Chus wrote:
spanky wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

They have to.

For a week.

This guy gets it.

Your world makes no sense. Congrats on seeing the college football world the same as Condoleeza. You LOVE her.

Both teams have one loss.
OU loses to Texas, ND beat Texas.

ND's loss is to the clear #1 by a 2-pt conversion in a hurricane. It simply cannot be justified. It can't. There's no scenario.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:09 pm 

NIU just played what might be their worst first half of the year. Just fucking awful.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:11 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
Scooter wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

I'll take some of that action.

I would. Win some for once

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:13 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
NIU just played what might be their worst first half of the year. Just fucking awful.

Disgusting

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:22 pm 

spanky wrote:
Your world makes no sense. Congrats on seeing the college football world the same as Condoleeza. You LOVE her.

ND's loss is to the clear #1 by a 2-pt conversion in a hurricane. It simply cannot be justified. It can't. There's no scenario.

And Iowa has one good win: Northwestern

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:37 pm 

spanky wrote:
spanky wrote:

Spanky you have done a piss, poor job of coaching this game.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:40 pm 

spanky wrote:
spanky wrote:

Wisconsin did not count,right. Pitt. Whatever.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:42 pm 

They will beat Michigan State also. After Nebraska loses to them 27- 17. Best team in Big 10.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:24 am 

spanky wrote:
Chus wrote:
Chus wrote:

This guy gets it.

Condaleeza? Oh brother. :lol: Then I will throw Ty Willingham, Tom Osborne, and Barry Alvarez at you. Certainly no Big 10 or ND bias there.

We are basing this on their one loss? OU lost to their biggest rival. Sure Texas sucks, but if there was one game that they were getting up for, it was the OU game. Alabama lost to Ole Miss. That doesn't mean that anybody who beat Ole Miss is better than Alabama.

I'm no fan of Big Game Bob, but if you want to start comparing wins, which is important in my world, then OU wins. ND has beaten Navy and USC. Iowa beat the worst Wisconsin team in the last fifteen years, and a bunch of bums. They avoided Michigan, OSU, and MSU. Congrats on beating FCS teams, and the shit Big 10 teams. OU has wins over Tennessee, WV, Baylor, and TCU.

Maybe ND shouldn't have cut UM and MSU from their schedule. We saw what happened the last time they racked up wins against chumps. I think Eddie Lacy just scored again.

MSU is the team with the beef here. I can't believe as a UM fan, that I have to defend them, but if the refs don't blow that call against Nebraska, they are in, probably as the one seed. If Connor Cook is healthy, MSU is going to beat Iowa, so the Irish might back into the playoffs, setting up an opportunity to bet against them, for those so inclined.

Clemson is not the clear #1. Undefeated doesn't necessarily mean that you are the best. I remember when the 2013 KC Chiefs were 9-0, but they weren't the best team. They beat bums, and then got beat when they played the top teams. Alabama is the best team in the country. If Clemson plays Alabama, they will be underdogs, and will probably lose. The committee is just making the safe call by putting undefeated Clemson over Bama.

My world = the truth.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:40 am 

Chus wrote:
spanky wrote:
Chus wrote:
Chus wrote:

This guy gets it.

Condaleeza? Oh brother. :lol: Then I will throw Ty Willingham, Tom Osborne, and Barry Alvarez at you. Certainly no Big 10 or ND bias there.

We are basing this on their one loss? OU lost to their biggest rival. Sure Texas sucks, but if there was one game that they were getting up for, it was the OU game.

I'm no fan of Big Game Bob, but if you want to start comparing wins, which is important in my world, then OU wins. ND has beaten Navy and USC. Iowa beat the worst Wisconsin team in the last fifteen years, and a bunch of bums. They avoided Michigan, OSU, and MSU. Congrats on beating FCS teams, and the shit Big 10 teams. OU has wins over Tennessee, WV, Baylor, and TCU.

Maybe ND shouldn't have cut UM and MSU from their schedule. We saw what happened the last time they racked up wins against chumps. I think Eddie Lacy just scored again.

MSU is the team with the beef here. I can't believe as a UM fan, that I have to defend them, but if the refs don't blow that call against Nebraska, they are in, probably as the one seed. If Connor Cook is healthy, MSU is going to beat Iowa, so the Irish might back into the playoffs, setting up an opportunity to bet against them, for those so inclined.

Clemson is not the clear #1. Undefeated doesn't necessarily mean that you are the best. I remember when the 2013 KC Chiefs were 9-0, but they weren't the best team. They beat bums, and then got beat when they played the top teams. Alabama is the best team in the country. If Clemson plays Alabama, they will be underdogs, and will probably lose. The committee is just making the safe call by putting undefeated Clemson over Bama.

My world = the truth.

1). If we are having a tavern football disagreement......you can "force me" to take Alvarez, Osborne, and Willingham in exchange for Condy. /thread :D

2). The whole "OU lost to their rival" is a TERRIBLE argument that I keep reading. It was a "rivalry" for both teams, so if we are giving Texas credit for playing up to their rival, then OU should be discredited for not getting up for their rival, right? Not sure how it could be different.

3). I HATE Big Game Bob. He's a douche. But - ND has better wins than you are giving them credit for. Look at the current rankings: Navy (only loss), Temple, Pitt, plus USC, etc.
And yes - ND's LONE LOSS is better than any other teams' lone loss in the entire country. At this point, that cannot be debated. It simply can't. The whole idea of a "good loss" is strange to me, but it exists. ND wins that category, no debate.

4) I agree with you about Clemson, actually. But the Committee does not. They love them some Clemson.
The more I sit and think about it, the one team in the top 4 that ND should hope loses is..........Clemson. If Clemson loses either of their last two games, I think they are out of the top 4 for sure.

MY WORLD = DA TROOF

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:25 am 

spanky wrote:
1). If we are having a tavern football disagreement......you can "force me" to take Alvarez, Osborne, and Willingham in exchange for Condy. /thread :D

I had no intention of speaking about the committee. I watch tons of college football. I am just as qualified as any of these people, to speak on which teams are the best. You brought up Condi.

The writers that vote on the AP top 25 don't watch all of the games, especially the late games, but many people put a lot of stock into those rankings.

spanky wrote:
2). The whole "OU lost to their rival" is a TERRIBLE argument that I keep reading. It was a "rivalry" for both teams, so if we are giving Texas credit for playing up to their rival, then OU should be discredited for not getting up for their rival, right? Not sure how it could be different.

Sure, but the "our loss is better than their loss" was your argument. I prefer to base things on who they beat, not on how they were in their worst effort, out of twelve games.

spanky wrote:
3). I HATE Big Game Bob. He's a douche. But - ND has better wins than you are giving them credit for. Look at the current rankings: Navy (only loss), Temple, Pitt, plus USC, etc.

ND has top recruiting classes. Beating Navy should be expected, not the highlight of a resume. Temple and Pitt, seriously? USC is as low as they have been in a long time. A win over Stanford would be their signature effort.

spanky wrote:
And yes - ND's LONE LOSS is better than any other teams' lone loss in the entire country. At this point, that cannot be debated. It simply can't. The whole idea of a "good loss" is strange to me, but it exists. ND wins that category, no debate.

Again, I focus on good wins, not good losses. This is America, Jack. We play to win, not to not lose.

Do you think ND could beat Alabama? I don't.

spanky wrote:
4) I agree with you about Clemson, actually. But the Committee does not. They love them some Clemson.
The more I sit and think about it, the one team in the top 4 that ND should hope loses is..........Clemson. If Clemson loses either of their last two games, I think they are out of the top 4 for sure.

They love Clemson because they aren't Alabama, who is always here. People hate them, like they hate the Patriots, the Yankees, and so on. Jealousy is a bad trait.

There is no safer play than putting undefeated Clemson at #1. If Clemson and Bama played a game at pickem, I would unload on Bama.

spanky wrote:
MY WORLD = DA TROOF

My world = da trooth

<º)))><

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:30 am 

Chus wrote:
ND has top recruiting classes. Beating Navy should be expected, not the highlight of a resume. Temple and Pitt, seriously? USC is as low as they have been in a long time.

Check the rankings, the records, the results. They actually happened.
ND beat very good teams this year.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:42 am 

spanky wrote:
Chus wrote:
ND has top recruiting classes. Beating Navy should be expected, not the highlight of a resume. Temple and Pitt, seriously? USC is as low as they have been in a long time.

Check the rankings, the records, the results. They actually happened.
ND beat very good teams this year.

Temple sucks. Pitt sucks. USC sucks. Navy beat bums, and then got killed by ND. Navy runs a gimmick offense that beats teams with no talent. Navy is their signature win to this point. They lost to the one power that they played. I know it was a hurricane, but Clemson had to play in it, too.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:48 am 

Chus wrote:
They lost to the one power that they played. I know it was a hurricane, but Clemson had to play in it, too.

Agree about the hurricane and Clemson. Glad you see it my way. That was the best CFB game of the year.
ND played one "power"? ND has played 9 P5 schools, plus Temple and Navy.
Is there another school in this debate that has that can say they have a schedule like that?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:07 am 

spanky wrote:
Chus wrote:
They lost to the one power that they played. I know it was a hurricane, but Clemson had to play in it, too.

Agree about the hurricane and Clemson. Glad you see it my way. That was the best CFB game of the year.
ND played one "power"? ND has played 9 P5 schools, plus Temple and Navy.
Is there another school in this debate that has that can say they have a schedule like that?

I'm not looking at how many teams on the P5 list. Kansas and Wake Forest are on that list. A resume with Navy as the best win, is not a strong resume, even if Oklahoma lost to Texas. Who has ND beaten? Nobody of any consequence. Temple, Pitt, and USC suck. Wins over UM and MSU would look really good right now, but they wanted to play Wake Forest and Virginia.

To get in the final four, ND is going to have to beat Stanford, and hope for some help, which they may get.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:13 am 

I know that, given the chance, I would help an organization who unceremoniously fired me

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:20 am 

Notre Dame also is rightfully being hurt by not being in a conference. No title game to play in and it is easier for them when the opponents don't have as much relevant game tape against them.

I'm of the opinion that until Notre Dame joins a conference they need to go undefeated to make the playoffs.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 496 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next