It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 5:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:26 am 
1000 CLUB

I can't stand it.

Bernstein is the one you wouldn't expect. He's only a Cubs lover cuz Theo is Jewish, however. But I've often heard Rozner tell people he's not a Cubs fan since becoming media. He clearly is. Just heard a replay of him gushing over Theo and the Cubs on the radio. Nobody that's not a Cubs fan talks like he just did about the Cubs.

Don't get me wrong. Theo and the Cubs have built something great. Not the point. I just don't want media guys gushing and giving verbal fellatio to Theo. It's disturbing for big market media guys to do so. Especially those that say they aren't fans when they clearly are.

It's like Rozner and other guys are too cool too admit it. But it comes across when they speak.

Caught a little of Silvy today. He's like a 10 year old. But he's an admitted Cubs fan. Still weird for a media guy. Kaplan the same way. A 50 year old guy in the media shouldn't sound like my little nephew when talking about the Cubs when he covers them. Kaplan shouldn't worship 20 something year old ball players like he does. I wouldn't be surprised if he had posters of Rizzo and Bryant in his bedroom.

Should Chicago media sound like little boys over the Cubs? I ask you. Do you like it? I don't.

Not a bitter Sox fan like many of you will say. I know the Cubs are gonna be great for 5 to 8 years. I'm impressed by it. Doesn't mean they won't get bounced from the playoffs all of those years. But a GM can only get them there. Playoffs are out of their control at that point. So Theo won already. I just find something wrong with local media waiving pom poms. Or flat out getting erections while talking about the Cubs. Especially when they claim that they aren't fans like Rozner. And like many others say.

I just think this is another example of our soft media. Not that they say the Cubs have done well and are gonna be great for a long time. They will be. That goes without saying. But the fact that they behave like little boys while talking about them.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:33 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
You're chained to the Cubs furnace now.

Turnabout and all that....

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:34 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:38 am 
1000 CLUB

Alright. Just to prove I'm not biased. As a Bears fan I'm probably the only one in this city that hates Tom Thayer cuz I thinks he's a fan boy bitch!!!! Our media gushes over him like he's something great. Which I also hate. He's not great. He's bad. He's a McCaskey kiss ass and a poor speaker. He's an example of a media fan boy just like Cubs media.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:50 am 
1000 CLUB

Don Tiny wrote:

What you didn't see.

Maddon turned and shoved that bottle up the vaginas of Kaplan, Rozner, Bernstein and Silvy.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:50 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
So you're arguing that, because you dislike Tom Thayer's broadcasting style, you have objective opinions on the Cubs?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:53 am 
1000 CLUB

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
So you're arguing that, because you dislike Tom Thayer's broadcasting style, you have objective opinions on the Cubs?

Yeah. Makes perfect sense. Tomorrow, when you're sober, you'll understand.

Tomorrow, when I'm sober, I'm gonna read this thread, not realizing that I made it the night before, and it will also make perfect sense to me. Cuz I'm right.:P

Last edited by Beardown on Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:54 am 

Beardown wrote:
But I've often heard Rozner tell people he's not a Cubs fan since becoming media.

I don't think I've ever heard Rozner say this.
I'm not privy to his honest feelings.......I'm not in is running club or anything like that.

But he DID slap me on the ass when the Cubs beat the Cards. That spoke volumes, IMO.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:58 am 
1000 CLUB

spanky wrote:
Beardown wrote:
But I've often heard Rozner tell people he's not a Cubs fan since becoming media.

I'm not privy to his honest feelings.......I'm not in is running club or anything like that.

But he DID slap me on the ass when the Cubs beat the Cards. That spoke volumes, IMO.

I've heard him say it on several occasions. He's clearly a Cubs fan.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:59 am 

Beardown wrote:
He's clearly a Cubs fan.

No question.

I don't think he tries to hide it the way Levine hides the fact that he is a Sox fan though.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:00 am 
1000 CLUB

spanky wrote:
Beardown wrote:
He's clearly a Cubs fan.

No question.

I don't think he tries to hide it the way Levine hides the fact that he is a Sox fan though.

I'm telling you he does try to deny it. He proudly says he's not a fan of Chicago teams since becoming a part of the media. Like that's the cool thing to say. Like it gives him more credibility or something. Heard him say it on Hit and Run and when he subs with Bernstein. He goes out of his way to say it cuz he knows it's not true.

Which is cool if he is a fan. I just hate that he feels he has to deny it.

Last edited by Beardown on Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:01 am 

Beardown wrote:
I'm telling you he does try to deny it. Heard him say it on Hit and Run and when he subs with Bernstein.

I'll only believe it if somebody from one of his social groups confirms it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:10 am 

I did hear Rozner say that Cub fans should get down on their knees and thank Theo today.

So, that seemed excessive.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:15 am 

I did hear Rozner say that Cub fans should get down on their knees and thank Theo today.

Except I actually did that.

So did you. Probably.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:19 am 

spanky wrote:

Except I actually did that.

So did you. Probably.

I didn't.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:21 am 

Beardown wrote:
Tomorrow, when you're sober, you'll understand.

I won't be sober tomorrow.

Catch me in January. I'll probably have a couple hours.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:22 am 

Beardown wrote:
Alright. Just to prove I'm not biased. As a Bears fan I'm probably the only one in this city that hates Tom Thayer cuz I thinks he's a fan boy bitch!!!! Our media gushes over him like he's something great. Which I also hate. He's not great. He's bad. He's a McCaskey kiss ass and a poor speaker. He's an example of a media fan boy just like Cubs media.

Yeah you were the one creating threads over the Bears being a top 5 defense when they were a shit team. Who's the fanboy again?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:34 am 
1000 CLUB

W_Z wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Yeah you were the one creating threads over the Bears being a top 5 defense when they were a shit team. Who's the fanboy again?

When? Probably when they were a top 5 defense. I know I never said that in the past 3 years. Cuz they clearly weren't.

I also said I liked Jay Cutler when nobody else did. Now people like Jay Cutler.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:44 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?

i am going to honestly try and remember to refer to blowjobs as "thanking theo" from this point forward. thanks dr. ken!

[insert IMU joke here]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:44 am 

yes. you were clinging onto anything you could because you're a fanboy. so that's what you were clinging onto. that you hoped they would be a top 5 defense.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:51 am 
1000 CLUB

W_Z wrote:
yes. you were clinging onto anything you could because you're a fanboy. so that's what you were clinging onto. that you hoped they would be a top 5 defense.

Hold on...

Wrong. Prove it. No way I said top 5 in the 2 Trestman years. They were god awful. I wouldn't have said that. I haven't said it this year. Hold on...

So prove where I said it when it wasn't true.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:57 am 

i said you were creating threads when they were a shit team, trying to cling to anything, like being a "top 5 defense" which means nothing if you're not playing for anything. if you want to deny that you are a fanboy, you can. but you are.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:01 am 
1000 CLUB

W_Z wrote:
i said you were creating threads when they were a shit team, trying to cling to anything, like being a "top 5 defense" which means nothing if you're not playing for anything. if you want to deny that you are a fanboy, you can. but you are.

Well, I have no idea what you're talking about. But it doesn't matter. Who gives a shit? Maybe you should drink a little. Cheers!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:04 am 

http://score670.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=62596

predictions!

i am drinking ya big lug. but you don't remember creating a thread about the bears being a top 5 defense years ago when they were bad? i know you're trying to do what you can as a fan...but it's like...you are a fanboy. ya know?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:13 am 
1000 CLUB

W_Z wrote:
http://score670.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=62596

predictions!

i am drinking ya big lug. but you don't remember creating a thread about the bears being a top 5 defense years ago when they were bad? i know you're trying to do what you can as a fan...but it's like...you are a fanboy. ya know?

Christ, that was 2011, whatever I said at that time was probably right. I'm usually right. But I'm not gonna research it. I'm not gonna even read that thread cuz I don't remember anything from that year in my state right now. I just saw the date on the inital post. Jeez, you still holding a grudge over my Bears comment from that long ago? Awesome. CHEERS.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:16 am 

you were wrong. DEAD wrong. except you're still alive. and still...a fanboy. down the HATCH.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:25 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Beardown wrote:
Christ, that was 2011, whatever I said at that time was probably right.

Beardown wrote:
Kansas City - Garbage team. WIN
@ Denver - It will be Tim Tebow at this point of the season. WIN
Seattle - Garbage team WIN

once again, to reiterate...
Beardown wrote:
Seattle - Garbage team

indeed, they only went 7-9 in 2011....but if you remember 2011 that was a seattle team that started tavaris jackson @ QB, and STILL they came into chicago and not only teabagged the bears 38-14, but they also ended johnny knox's career for shits and giggles.

then the next year they got a quarterback (russell wilson) and went 11-5, then the year after that they went 13-3 and won the super bowl. so yeah, total garbage team there... WIN

Beardown wrote:
There. Happy?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:04 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
spanky wrote:
Beardown wrote:

I've definitely heard him say it on more than one occasion. It's not always about the Cubs, sometimes it's the Hawks, another team that he is a huge fan of.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:19 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Beardown wrote:
Tomorrow, when you're sober, you'll understand.

I won't be sober tomorrow.

Catch me in January. I'll probably have a couple hours.

Dr. Ken my guy. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:26 pm 

http://score670.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=90339

predictions. :wink: