It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 5:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:13 pm 

I know the Cubs are the hot topic of conversation and deservedly so with all they have done lately. But, can't you carve about ten minutes or so within the two hour format for a little White Sox talk. C'mon Bruce if you have to, make up some trade rumor to kick around.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:18 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
I've heard a rumor that they're going to change the call sign to WOO.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
The Score is thrilled to have rid themselves of the White Sox and their 5 fans. There is no White Sox news to discuss, and there are no callers calling to talk White Sox. Tune to 890, there is plenty of Sox talk there.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Scorehead wrote:
Tune to 890, there is plenty of Sox talk there.

You sure about that?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:01 pm 

Blackcloud wrote:
I know the Cubs are the hot topic of conversation and deservedly so with all they have done lately. But, can't you carve about ten minutes or so within the two hour format for a little White Sox talk. C'mon Bruce if you have to, make up some trade rumor to kick around.

Just wait for the airing of meaningless cubs spring training games...and cubs pre & post...and cubs weekly! Cubs fans will understand sox fans frustration...we've lived it!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:07 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Scorehead wrote:
The Score is thrilled to have rid themselves of the White Sox and their 5 fans. There is no White Sox news to discuss, and there are no callers calling to talk White Sox. Tune to 890, there is plenty of Sox talk there.

Amen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:16 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I've heard a rumor that they're going to change the call sign to WOO.

i don't do this often, but [drum roll].....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:32 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Scorehead wrote:

i love this new meme that sox fans don't exist. seriously, you think they woulda moved the team to sarasota or something if there was more $$$ to be made elsewhere.

the saddest thing about this cubbiepalooza / cubpacalypse / dawning of the age of cubquarius / etc is that even if you're not a cub fan you wanna open up and enjoy this team on a purely baseball-level, but then you get all these self-righteous WOO CUBBIES!!! fans who haven't just been in the endzone b4, but they don't even know how to look up a football field on google maps. they honestly don't know how to handle being really good in such a way that they don't end up being despised for it (SEE: CARDINALS, ST LOUIS)

cuz man... you know, i used to hate the yankees because as a non-yankee-fan that's just what you do. on the surface they're eminently hateable and "mystique and aura" and etc etc....but then i eventually went out to the bronx and saw a game there and you know what happened when yankees fans got a glimpse of my doofus-ass rocking an expos vlad guerrero jersey with an angels cap? they came up to me and gave me compliments! they were like "why the hell do you have an angels hat and an expos jers.... [notices GUERRERO / 27] OHHHHH SHIT, now that's a badass player who i wished we would have got! you guys [angels] have kicked our asses lately and [rah rah rah aka "baseball conversation ensues"]

seriously, i had never encountered a fanbase who was so comfortable with themselves that they'd complement your team and talk about it's positive things and what they liked about your team and whatnot..... i figured that it was like since they had 26-27 championships they were secure enough in their fandom enough to not be miserable Caller Bobs perpetually trying to cut everyone else down to their levels of misery and self-loathing BECAUSE THEY WEREN'T MISERABLE AND/OR SELF-LOATHING. they could actually like other teams/players/etc (maybe just because they saw it like every good player in baseball was a potential future yankee, but still...) and betray the tribe/fiefdom-of-fandom or whatnot because the yankees don't need cheerleaders when they've got a stacked trophy case. that brings plenty of cheer on its own merit.

contrast that with cubs fans, who always have to remind you just how shitty your team/players/etc are and how laughably-irrelevant you are compared to the mighty mighty COO and it's like.... man, you know, i wouldnt mind seeing these assholes lose in the most hilarious way possible just so all those jagoffs have an awful night.

AND THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ACTUAL BASEBALL TEAM/ORGANIZATION (outside of "go cubs go" of course)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:45 pm 

I listened to a little White Sox weekly with Andy Masur today. He called Jose Quintana Jose Quesadilla. He has a long way to go to reach Rongey level.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:15 pm 

Keyser Soze wrote:
I listened to a little White Sox weekly with Andy Masur today. He called Jose Quintana Jose Quesadilla. He has a long way to go to reach Rongey level.

THATS AWSEOME!

http://media.tumblr.com/bee6850c5482d707ce10283bad0280c9/tumblr_inline_mg2oolacGm1qzct9q.jpg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:34 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
15 straight minutes of Sox talk on WGN on the way home from work.

Maybe GN takes over the Sox side of things.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:38 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:

Sox radio rights are the slut of the radio world. Everyone has had them once and then those who havent, once they do, dont want them back.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:44 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
I meant Sox coverage in general.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Peoria Matt wrote:
15 straight minutes of Sox talk

:shaking:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:31 pm 

Yankees' fans are smug condescending pricks, and your Expos apparel was a cute novelty as they thought, "what did they ever win?"

I roll with my Sox hat, and point out to any Bronx fan that the owner of the Sox still wishes he was relevant in New York and will continue to copy anything that the Yankess do (but on a much smaller scale).

And yeah, as I've posted elsewhere before, south side Chicago carries enough street cred for me to check up the dumb muthaphuckas from 161st and Lex hanging in the D train tunnels.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Jack Brickhouse Toppings
No Clever Moniker wrote:
I roll with my Sox hat, and point out to any Bronx fan that the owner of the Sox still wishes he was relevant in New York and will continue to copy anything that the Yankess do (but on a much smaller scale).

Honest question, what exactly does the chairman do on a smaller scale compared to the Yankees?

"He sounds like a man that was never challenged to be a man."
"He gives a lot of opinions without probably having many life experiences."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Weren't the blue seats at New Comiskey a tribute to the Brooklyn Dodgers?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:47 pm 

JBills wrote:
No Clever Moniker wrote:

Honest question, what exactly does the chairman do on a smaller scale compared to the Yankees?

The interior and exterior of Sox stadium is aesthetically comparable to old Yankee stadium (except for right field). He went from the old (now nostalgic) SOX uniforms to one that has caps and uniforms (home pinstripes and road) just like the Yankees. And while I knew (know there were) some New York based early investors with the team, he still likes to regale them with his "roots."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Jack Brickhouse Toppings
10-4... I didn't know you meant aesthetically. I thought you were referring to roster management. My bad.

"He sounds like a man that was never challenged to be a man."
"He gives a lot of opinions without probably having many life experiences."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:58 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
bigfan wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

Sox radio rights are the slut of the radio world. Everyone has had them once and then those who havent, once they do, dont want them back.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:11 pm 

JBills wrote:
10-4... I didn't know you meant aesthetically. I thought you were referring to roster management. My bad.

Man, that's where I get steamrolled with how the "Boss" operates. The "We" shit about getting who they want and how Jeter was no accident.

Unfortunately (or not) one of my good friends is an actuary and a die-hard Yanks fan. He can cite statistics in ways that would make Danny boy sound like why his son doesn't like playing with a rubik's cube because its only algorithms.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:25 am 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Chicago White Sox' VP of sales and marketing, Brooks Boyer, on at 9.

Chicago Cubs Owner and Chairman, Tom Ricketts, at 10.

Not a bad show this morning.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:56 am 

pizza_Place: Beggars
Bruce Levine is just brutal to listen to.

Just an angry rude low intellect type who is also a butcher of the English language.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:06 am 

I really like Espo. I just wish Levine Line would stop sucking everyone's ass for a couple minutes and let the man talk. That introduction of Ricketts almost made me throw the radio across the room. He's intolerable.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:23 am 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Difficult to argue Levine's faults - he has plenty - and I agree Espo is good as well.

The information and guests are what I appreciate most about the show when I can catch it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:33 am 

pizza_Place: Lugi's of Hong Kong
sinicalypse wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

i love this new meme that sox fans don't exist. seriously, you think they woulda moved the team to sarasota or something if there was more $$$ to be made elsewhere.

the saddest thing about this**********

********Correction
Saddest thing about this is it's advice from a fan of a team that doesn't exist.

Face it you're a fan of hating the Cubs aka a .............

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
cpguy wrote:
Bruce Levine is just brutal to listen to.

Just an angry rude low intellect type who is also a butcher of the English language.

Man, he doesnt let any of his co-hosts get a word in edge wise. just drawn out diatribes one after another.