It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 5:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Is Mike Murphy toast?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:48 am 

pizza_Place: Beggars
Its Huebner and Finfer this morning and maybe a month since Murph's been on what supposedly was his regular Sat morning gig.

I guess he pissed someone off or maybe they just don't want to pay him when they have Finfer now?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:52 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Where's my "what if" bell?

If they don't have him on after all the Cubs news,my guess is he is toast.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:54 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
They might have taken him off the air because of his prickly old man "Not doing it the right way" thoughts and he doesnt understand the plan.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:57 am 

bigfan wrote:
They might have taken him off the air because of his prickly old man "Not doing it the right way" thoughts and he doesnt understand the plan.

I understand 3 years of major sucking for hope for the future. I still feel that was not needed!! :evil:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:05 am 

pizza_Place: Beggars
Finfer responded. "Stuff going on"...

Region Motors Inc. ‏@ww46307 14m14 minutes ago

@BenFinfer Hey Ben, keep up the good work. Just curious as to what happened to Murph???
0 retweets 0 likes
Ben Finfer ‏@BenFinfer 13m13 minutes ago

@ww46307 Thanks. He'll be back. Has had some stuff going on the past few weeks.
0 retweets 0 likes
Region Motors Inc. ‏@ww46307 11m11 minutes ago

@BenFinfer Ok, thanks for responding.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:08 am 

jimmypasta wrote:
bigfan wrote:

I understand 3 years of major sucking for hope for the future. I still feel that was not needed!! :evil:

Yes, we know you would be the one guy listening to Murph gripe about the path that Theo took, while Fred sits in the corner, but lets turn back the clock to 2011 Jimmy P.

Soto, Pena, Barney, Castro, Ramirez, Soriano, Byrd and Fukudome is what your lineup was.

Let me note, you have Colvin and DJ Lemahieu on that roster.

Garza, Shark, Demp,Z, Wells....is the basis of yout staff,

.....with that, you now have 4 years to become a World Series favorite.

Please give me your plan JPasta.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:38 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
No, he is Burrito.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:19 pm 

bigfan wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Yes, we know you would be the one guy listening to Murph gripe about the path that Theo took, while Fred sits in the corner, but lets turn back the clock to 2011 Jimmy P.

Soto, Pena, Barney, Castro, Ramirez, Soriano, Byrd and Fukudome is what your lineup was.

I have no problem unloading players at the All-Star break if your team sucks. The problem is you set your team up to suck in April. My plan would also be to mix youth with veterans but I would be trying to win every year. I would be looking for a lot of OBP types with a few power guys mixed in. The pitching would be one ace and back fill with Jason Hammel-types and hopefully give some young arms a look. Something that hopefully could be accomplished with smart scouting and some computer/stat guys without ripping it all down on purpose.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:42 pm 

jimmypasta wrote:
bigfan wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
bigfan wrote:

I have no problem unloading players at the All-Star break if your team sucks. The problem is you set your team up to suck in April. My plan would also be to mix youth with veterans but I would be trying to win every year. I would be looking for a lot of OBP types with a few power guys mixed in. The pitching would be one ace and back fill with Jason Hammel-types and hopefully give some young arms a look. Something that hopefully could be accomplished with smart scouting and some computer/stat guys without ripping it all down on purpose.

....and that gets you what? A good try?

You just gave me the same plan for the past 100 years?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

I wonder why they really fired Murph. I could see him getting in a heated argument with the PD over a nothing issue and the PD saying, fuck it, I don't need this shit for a once a week Saturday guy.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:20 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
bigfan wrote:

yeah but this time doesn't "wait til next year" actually MEAN SOMETHING unlike the previous 99+ years? =D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:45 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
bigfan wrote:

yeah but this time doesn't "wait til next year" actually MEAN SOMETHING unlike the previous 99+ years? =D

Which is the whole point.

I have always said....I dont care how they got there. You want to tear down Wrigley...do it. You want to trade Sammy...go ahead...for anyone to have any issues with a Cubs team that is a fave to win a World Series "AT THIS POINT"...well, I just cant help you. The thought of "I dont like how they got there" is kind of amazing, when in the next sentence...."I am happy where they are" is uttered.

Welcome aboard...and get both feet in the damn water....instead of this bullshit of telling everyone you are in, so if things dont go well, you can say "I was never fully in"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:01 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
bigfan wrote:
Welcome aboard...and get both feet in the damn water....instead of this bullshit of telling everyone you are in, so if things dont go well, you can say "I was never fully in"

huh? what are you talking about? "ARE YOU IN OR OUT?" [picture of hanging ALOU/SOSA/MCGRIFF jerseys] was the slogan for the 2004 cubs and we all know how that turned out.

i'm merely a keen observer of the passing scene and, dare i say, a baseball fan. there happens to be an interesting team in my local metropolis here who seems poised to provide some meta/entertainment for years to come. as such i'm saying "hey if i was the cubs i'd do [this], then maybe you can do [that] and you'll be able to [something something and trade for danny salazar]" and i'm not necessarily taking up a blood oath with the cubs as part of the formal application for proper fandom; i'm just shooting the shit and pulling for the most meta/entertainment i can get out of a local baseball team over the next [however many] years.

i know that getting into baseball and becoming an expos fan has set me up to be in a situation here where ppl want me to see the cubs doing well and come crawling back to cubs fandom so they can puff out their chests and be like "WE WERE ALWAYS RIGHT! YOU WERE A FOOL TO LEAVE US!" --- but i can tell you that i honestly don't have that gut-emotional-investment to where i'm wanting/needing them to do well to satisfy me. the closest i came this year was letting loose a "YES!" when uhhh.... fuck was it fowler who hit that HR in st louis? it was one of those early/first-inning go-ahead/ish HRs that got a raw gut reaction, but i think that was mostly a combination of childhood cub-fandom and a general desire to see the cardinals take it up the giggy.

after that HR i was just kind of watching those games because it was the thing to do, and it really didn't hurt me or bother me when the mets took em out to the woodshed in the NLCS. now if i start thinking "oh fuck" during a future trip to the woodshed then i think you've got me on the fandom angle and i'll be sure to take my 20 lashings in the form of "LOL YOU BANDWAGONER" posts here =D

TLDR = none of ^^^that^^^ matters since everyone just assumes i'm too proud to admit that i'm a closet cubs bandwagoner anyways. fortunately i'm not above posting for academic reasons.

i can honestly tell you that i give way more of a shit about my 12-keeper fantasy team way way WAAAAYYYYYYY more than the chicago cubs. that's my actual team, the cubs are just like seeing an old childhood crush on TV doing well and you're thinking "hey it'd be cool if they won..... that is if i dont mind the apocalypse being down one seal"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucano's
I'm pretty sure this is the same schedule he's had since joining AM1000. Baseball season with a little fall overlap. Then see him again in April.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:04 pm 

Ed_from_Lisle wrote:
I'm pretty sure this is the same schedule he's had since joining AM1000. Baseball season with a little fall overlap. Then see him again in April.

If he is going to preface every statement with the "I dont like what they did" again this year, Murph can do his show for the 3 Cubs fans that enjoy that and John Vukovich, his only sponsor.

Murph will be doing a show from the Hukleberry Finn Inn. (I think thats Benkowskis sponsor?)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

Murphy is preparing for his new show on Webio !! North told him it was great.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Murph's moving to WCUB to take Boers' place alongside Bernsie. #HellHathFrozeOver

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
http://themikemurphybrownschickenmeatba ... ytmnd.com/

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
http://meeeeatballlll.ytmnd.com/

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:25 am 

pizza_Place: Jack Brickhouse Toppings
sinicalypse wrote:
bigfan wrote:

huh? what are you talking about? "ARE YOU IN OR OUT?" [picture of hanging ALOU/SOSA/MCGRIFF jerseys] was the slogan for the 2004 cubs and we all know how that turned out.

i'm merely a keen observer of the passing scene and, dare i say, a baseball fan. there happens to be an interesting team in my local metropolis here who seems poised to provide some meta/entertainment for years to come. as such i'm saying "hey if i was the cubs i'd do [this], then maybe you can do [that] and you'll be able to [something something and trade for danny salazar]" and i'm not necessarily taking up a blood oath with the cubs as part of the formal application for proper fandom; i'm just shooting the shit and pulling for the most meta/entertainment i can get out of a local baseball team over the next [however many] years.

i know that getting into baseball and becoming an expos fan has set me up to be in a situation here where ppl want me to see the cubs doing well and come crawling back to cubs fandom so they can puff out their chests and be like "WE WERE ALWAYS RIGHT! YOU WERE A FOOL TO LEAVE US!" --- but i can tell you that i honestly don't have that gut-emotional-investment to where i'm wanting/needing them to do well to satisfy me. the closest i came this year was letting loose a "YES!" when uhhh.... fuck was it fowler who hit that HR in st louis? it was one of those early/first-inning go-ahead/ish HRs that got a raw gut reaction, but i think that was mostly a combination of childhood cub-fandom and a general desire to see the cardinals take it up the giggy.

after that HR i was just kind of watching those games because it was the thing to do, and it really didn't hurt me or bother me when the mets took em out to the woodshed in the NLCS. now if i start thinking "oh fuck" during a future trip to the woodshed then i think you've got me on the fandom angle and i'll be sure to take my 20 lashings in the form of "LOL YOU BANDWAGONER" posts here =D

TLDR = none of ^^^that^^^ matters since everyone just assumes i'm too proud to admit that i'm a closet cubs bandwagoner anyways. fortunately i'm not above posting for academic reasons.

i can honestly tell you that i give way more of a shit about my 12-keeper fantasy team way way WAAAAYYYYYYY more than the chicago cubs. that's my actual team, the cubs are just like seeing an old childhood crush on TV doing well and you're thinking "hey it'd be cool if they won..... that is if i dont mind the apocalypse being down one seal"

I mean really man, who gives a shit if you like the Cubs now or not? I appreciate the self awareness, but let's move on here.

"He sounds like a man that was never challenged to be a man."
"He gives a lot of opinions without probably having many life experiences."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:40 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Chus wrote:
http://themikemurphybrownschickenmeatballsandwichblog.ytmnd.com/

Murph looks like Ned Flanders in that picture.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:06 am 

Cubs are too mainstream for Sini to admit he is a fan.

Needs to reinforce he is an observer! Lol

While wearing his headphones and jotting down his future lyrics.

He is a closet cubs fan with the closet door wide open and he is dressed in full Cubby gear.