It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 5:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Remember jon kelley?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
spmack wrote:
Apparently he was dumped for Richard Roeper.

http://www.robertfeder.com/2015/10/19/r ... y-chicago/

Comparatively, Jon Kelley is actually one of the more likable people on that show and I'm not even sure if he's human or an automaton. Corey McPherrin and Darlene Hill come off as completely disingenuous and phony. McPherrin is a life-sized, constantly smirking bobblehead and Hill looks like a deranged, overly happy cartoon. I would swear McPherrin does the "Blue Steel" look from Zoolander.

Melody Mendez and Natalie Bomke (sp?) should host the show. The both seem likable and genuine and are very easy on the eyes.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Tad Queasy wrote:
spmack wrote:

Comparatively, Jon Kelley is actually one of the more likable people on that show and I'm not even sure if he's human or an automaton. Corey McPherrin and Darlene Hill come off as completely disingenuous and phony. McPherrin is a life-sized, constantly smirking bobblehead and Hill looks like a deranged, overly happy cartoon. I would swear McPherrin does the "Blue Steel" look from Zoolander.

Melody Mendez and Natalie Bomke (sp?) should host the show. The both seem likable and genuine and are very easy on the eyes.

Melody Mendez, if you watched before she got the gig, tried too hard. She NEEDS attention, and it is annoying. I like Lisa Chavarria when she tones the masculinity down and anchors, when she is out in the field, she deepens her voice and gives off a more masculine vibe.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Does anyone watch 32 in the morning?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:31 am 

Colonel Angus wrote:
Does anyone watch 32 in the morning?

Fox 32? Yes I do.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:22 pm 

Cashman wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
spmack wrote:

Melody Mendez, if you watched before she got the gig, tried too hard. She NEEDS attention, and it is annoying. I like Lisa Chavarria when she tones the masculinity down and anchors, when she is out in the field, she deepens her voice and gives off a more masculine vibe.

I didn't notice Melody doing that, but I do remember when all four or five of them were at Bourbonnais last year for Bears' camp and when they were in the studio around that time trying different combinations of personnel for what I assume were tryouts to determine the final pairings. There were several occasions when Melody or Natalie were talking and someone (it sounded like Darlene) would cough off-camera. I don't think that was coincidence, and it seemed awfully cunty.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:24 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
Cashman wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
spmack wrote:

I didn't notice Melody doing that, but I do remember when all four or five of them were at Bourbonnais last year for Bears' camp and when they were in the studio around that time trying different combinations of personnel for what I assume were tryouts to determine the final pairings. There were several occasions when Melody or Natalie were talking and someone (it sounded like Darlene) would cough off-camera. I don't think that was coincidence, and it seemed awfully cunty.

I only watch in the mornings, for like 20min...

I like Chavarria, and there has yet to be a pairing that I feel has been equal. Bomke was good, but they took her off mornings(before 7am) pretty quickly.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:32 am 

Have any of you guys seen Roeper in Ch. 32 in the morning? His face is bloated and sweaty and he needs to comb his hair. He is way too old to pull off whatever messy look he's going for with his hair.

He seems like kind of a spazz.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:48 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Remember Jill Kelly? Very 90's rack.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
KDdidit wrote:
Remember Jill Kelly? Very 90's rack.

The deep voice was a turnoff.

<º)))><