It is currently Wed Sep 25, 2024 11:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Commitment rules
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Are there any? I understand harbaugh is not the first or only to pull scholarships but it's shitty. I don't think there should be any recruiting til senior year and it should all be in writing.

Post subject: Re: Commitment rules
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:15 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
Are there any? I understand harbaugh is not the first or only to pull scholarships but it's shitty. I don't think there should be any recruiting til senior year and it should all be in writing.
There are rules but nothing becomes official until signing day of your senior year of high school. Signing day is February 3rd.

There are a lot of regulations and quiet periods on when you can recruit, how many letters you can send, how many calls you can make, and so on.

A lot of people want an early signing period but the big schools do not.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:16 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
There are rules but nothing becomes official until signing day of your senior year of high school. Signing day is February 3rd.

There are a lot of regulations and quiet periods on when you can recruit, how many letters you can send, how many calls you can make, and so on.

And by big schools you mean Alabama, OSU, UM, LSU etc.

Kirk Ferentz is on record wanting an early signing period.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:28 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

If kids were able to accept scholarship offers immediately a lot of this garbage would stop. It would force schools to wait until their junior season before they started offering scholarships. A lot of schools "offer" but if a kid said he wants to commit they tell them to wait :lol:. Theyjust want to be able to say if the kid really brekas out that they were there from the beginning.

My personal favorite are the schools that offer kids and don't bother to check that the kid has a 1.3 GPA and no shot of playing anything above JUCO.

Another problem is so many of these assistant coaches that handle the recruiting do not do their homework on the particular area they have to cover. For example, if you see a kids highlight tape and everything on it is against the worst three teams on the schedule, that should raise red flags.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.