It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Will Joe Maddon being doing another weekly show with Spiegel and Goff? From what people said last year it sounded like Maddon did not particularly like either one of them.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

He especially hated Goff from what was posted here a few times. I caught one where Maddon was pissed that Goff kept interrupting him.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Beardown wrote:
He especially hated Goff from what was posted here a few times. I caught one where Maddon was pissed that Goff kept interrupting him.

I always inferred that from the conversations, but I don't know that he ever specifically said anything about the interruptions. He did ask him what was so funny once after Goff kept laughing hysterically over nothing. Also, once, after Goff asked a 10-minute rambling "question", Maddon asked him what the question was in a snarky sort of way... sort of Mully-Cooper-esque dynamic.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:51 pm 

Goff: We gonna do this, J?

Joe Maddon:I don't know, do you have the giggling under control?

Goff :) :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maddon: :roll:

Grimace: What about Victory Chicken for Cubs wins?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Les will end up booking Mark Madden by mistake.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:02 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
Les will end up booking Mark Madden by mistake.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Hope he tells both those idiots to fuck off and doesn't do it . Let them try and explain why the flagship can't land the manger of the team they carry. Between giggles about how funny that is of course .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
The first time Snickers & Giggles talked with Maddon on the regular Tuesday @ noon segment resulted in my signature below.

Maddon was telling an interesting story when Goff interrupted him with some stupid comment. Spiegel started laughing, Goff began giggling and slapping the console and Joe Maddon sternly asked Goff, "What's so funny?!?"

Great first impression, Beavis & Butthead.

It went downhill from there. Every week you could tell it was forced and got the feeling there was always tension.

It will be interesting to see who Maddon does a weekly segment with this season. I would be surprised if he doesn't appear anywhere on The Score regularly.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Surprised that deal has not been inked yet? or maybe it is awaiting the stamp of approval...but you would think that such shows would be getting advertisment time right now...

"Every Friday at Noon, the Joe Show, brough to you by_________________"

But what do I know

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:08 am 
1000 CLUB

Maybe B&B get Joe this year.

Unless I'm wrong, I don't think Bernstein has ever got Theo on his show. Others at the SCORE get him. Wonder if there is a reason for that. I know a lot of people hate Bernstein, but Theo shouldn't be one of them. Bernstein has licked him since the day he got there. He's a fan boy of Theo.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:50 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
I don't think Joe will be doing a show in that kind of format. He will be on as part of the game broadcasts, maybe a more extended interview than the 5-minute bullshitter with Coomer. Grote will actually be allowed to have a real post-game show as opposed to the truncated show he had at WBBM, so I could see him getting Joe to do a weekly 15-minute segment.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:19 am 

IN general and I havent searched the Score website, because I just dont want to and because it is terrible....but I will assume they (WSCR) will have a presence in Mesa soon? And wouldnt this be something to start advertising....? Once again, this is how MORE MONEY is made...'Shows in Arizona brought to you by the LITTLE GUYS"....or maybe Chad cant find someone willing to give free hotel space for the honor of having them? Rates are really expensive right now...Howard Johnson room is $150 a night for March...and that place sucks...

Will wait and see, but this mega deal with the cubs sure isnt showing any fruit yet....and you would think they would be squeezing it for every nickel? And this is exactly what I am talking about during the Zimmerman regime. Was about cost cutting, never about increase revenue as the choice.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:21 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Mully and Hanley should be doing multiple "Boys Day Out" at the games this year. Texted and asked but didn't get a response.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:31 am 

Peoria Matt wrote:
Mully and Hanley should be doing multiple "Boys Day Out" at the games this year. Texted and asked but didn't get a response.

Every show should be doing multiple appearances....

Even the one guy who is scared of the sun and the fans, along with the guy who doesnt leave his house....

FACT: Rongey had to stop doing post game shows from the Bullpen bar at Comiskular because "White Sox fans are just assholes"...that is his exact quote to me.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:11 am 

Just saw a Cubs TV commercial (on ABC), could it be that with WSCR is in a difficult position of having paid for a product that may cost them more than they thought? If I'm Maddon's agent (or any other player's agent) I know that SCR is bidding against their selves. Wouldn't look good for them if ol' Joe was to pop up on ESPN so maybe he's leveraging for how often he comes on and when (or who).

Theo believes he will get a nasty taint rash if he comes on B&B, too much A&D ointment needed.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:22 pm 

I bring this up often but just how much do they have to pay a guy already making 5 million a year to do these kind of shows to make it worth their while? 100k ? The Score willing to part with that kind of scratch for a 5 minute segment 25 times a year? I'd think Maddon would pass on that anyway but he's already done it once so maybe it's more?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:52 pm 

No Clever Moniker wrote:
Just saw a Cubs TV commercial (on ABC), could it be that with WSCR is in a difficult position of having paid for a product that may cost them more than they thought? If I'm Maddon's agent (or any other player's agent) I know that SCR is bidding against their selves. Wouldn't look good for them if ol' Joe was to pop up on ESPN so maybe he's leveraging for how often he comes on and when (or who).

Theo believes he will get a nasty taint rash if he comes on B&B, too much A&D ointment needed.

Not really sure why a Cubs commercial on ABC creates a bad position? ...unless you are just leaving the Good Dolphin and JORR seminar on why the Cubs and WSCR are financially fucked?

What I do contend is, that if they do win it ...at anytime...this year, next year, in 3 years...whatevver it might be, the allure comes off , they become another good team, people still go to games....and they still do well, but it wont be the masses that right now jam Wrigleyville in hopes of being there if and when it happens.

Thus, I would be grabbing every revenue dollar I could right now....

peronsally, if they won a world series, I would either give up my tickets or someone can pay for them all , but it would be "sports satisfaction" in my life....

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

bigfan wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

Every show should be doing multiple appearances....

Even the one guy who is scared of the sun and the fans, along with the guy who doesnt leave his house....

FACT: Rongey had to stop doing post game shows from the Bullpen bar at Comiskular because "White Sox fans are just assholes"...that is his exact quote to me.

What is Rongey's job, now that the Cubs didn't want him nor did the Sox for the pre and post games?
Is he just a part timer doing some updates and fill-ins? Must be a big cut in pay for him.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:00 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
bigfan wrote:
No Clever Moniker wrote:

Not really sure why a Cubs commercial on ABC creates a bad position? ...unless you are just leaving the Good Dolphin and JORR seminar on why the Cubs and WSCR are financially fucked?

What I do contend is, that if they do win it ...at anytime...this year, next year, in 3 years...whatevver it might be, the allure comes off , they become another good team, people still go to games....and they still do well, but it wont be the masses that right now jam Wrigleyville in hopes of being there if and when it happens.

peronsally, if they won a world series, I would either give up my tickets or someone can pay for them all , but it would be "sports satisfaction" in my life....

WSCR has to increase sales by at least 25% this year to BREAK EVEN on the Cubs.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Seacrest wrote:
bigfan wrote:
No Clever Moniker wrote:

Hopefully for SCR, the Cubs won't have every game wrapped up in the first few innings and sweep every playoff series. Could hurt listenership.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:44 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
leashyourkids wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
bigfan wrote:
No Clever Moniker wrote:

Hopefully for SCR, the Cubs won't have every game wrapped up in the first few innings and sweep every playoff series. Could hurt listenership.

Cub fans have sat and listened to losses for years. I would think they would be glad to stick around for a blow out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOp_od3hKpk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:47 am 

bigfan wrote:
IN general and I havent searched the Score website, because I just dont want to and because it is terrible....but I will assume they (WSCR) will have a presence in Mesa soon? And wouldnt this be something to start advertising....? Once again, this is how MORE MONEY is made...'Shows in Arizona brought to you by the LITTLE GUYS"....or maybe Chad cant find someone willing to give free hotel space for the honor of having them? Rates are really expensive right now...Howard Johnson room is $150 a night for March...and that place sucks...

Will wait and see, but this mega deal with the cubs sure isnt showing any fruit yet....and you would think they would be squeezing it for every nickel? And this is exactly what I am talking about during the Zimmerman regime. Was about cost cutting, never about increase revenue as the choice.

I think a lot of time in March is going to be spent on the Tournament. They have been carrying out of market college basketball games (from the CBS overlord) for the past few weeks both on weekends and during the week. That is going to cut into a lot of local programming. I imagine they will be carrying whatever big conference tourney CBS TV carries in a week. Then you have Wednesday play in games followed by wall to wall basketball mid March until April.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:51 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
I thought Slappy and Grimace were going to Mesa?

Any good smorgasbords there?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:57 am 

Seacrest wrote:
bigfan wrote:
No Clever Moniker wrote:

1. Does that take into account the lost money from the Sox? if the Sox generated $1.5 mill from ads, that money gets subtracted from paid monies.
2. This is not a WSCR deal, not even close. You will hear promos on B96, The Redneck station, 105.9, etc., thus costs reallocated.
3. CBS Radio has a ton of these deal around the country with Sports teams, over 30 of them, guessing they have a better hold on this deal than FavreBrick, but thats just my guess.
4. Havent seen or heard of anything special that would by "Dynamic" at this point, such as "the Jake Arrieta Show" he seemed to like getting out and talking, assuming something is coming.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:01 am 

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
I thought Slappy and Grimace were going to Mesa?

Any good smorgasbords there?

Heard it yesterday, I know Goff will be happy to see me.

I do wonder where the sales guys or mitch cut the reciprocation deal of "we stay for free" and "we give you 30 ads "

Last year they did the Wigwam last year, which is nice, but is near NOTHING. Sheraton is 200 feet from Sloan park and would be a shooter move to PAY for...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:08 am 

Maddon is a huge Adam Eaton fan so I'm guessing no.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Any info. about Joe Maddon regularly appearing on any show on The Score?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:51 pm 

Noon Tuesdays again